Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Chances are the phone or app is reading the second B25 connection as B26. Both my S7E and M9 do this.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

S4GRU has already stated that it isn't cleared just yet. We thought they cleared it but it was wrong. So that's impossible if you found band 26 active in SoCal. I live here also. I would have noticed by now.

Sorry. I didn't know this. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Can you post some shots of your engineering screens and the location?

I'll admit, I'm skeptical, but I would be thrilled if you did find an active B26 site in Los Angeles.

I would post one, but the official engineering screen is broken on the Nexus 5x. Which is the only Sprint phone I have.

I would post one, but the official engineering screen is broken on the Nexus 5x. Which is the only Sprint phone I have.

On a related note:  the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors had a budget update meeting yesterday.  I'm waiting on the Clerk to post some of the supporting documents.  I hope to see if there's some guidance for spending on the rebanding project.  It might give a hint to where they are in the process.  It's kind of a long shot, but some info is better than none.

• Like 3

That's impossible

No need for this. Healthy skepticism is warranted given the situation, but you cannot flat out say it's impossible.

I'm getting band 26 occasionally in LA county by LAX on Project Fi. I'm not sure about OC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What app are you using to identify LTE bands?

No need for this. Healthy skepticism is warranted given the situation, but you cannot flat out say it's impossible.

What app are you using to identify LTE bands?

LTE Discovery because the Engineering screen is broken on the Nexus 5x and 6p.

Ok, there is a known bug with LTE Discovery where in Alcatel-Lucent markets it mistakenly displays the 2nd B25 carrier as B26. I would suggest downloading Signal Check (Pro) (developed and maintained by Mike, a member here) for tracking LTE connections until the bug is resolved. 

Ok, there is a known bug with LTE Discovery where in Alcatel-Lucent markets it mistakenly displays the 2nd B25 carrier as B26. I would suggest downloading Signal Check (Pro) (developed and maintained by Mike, a member here) for tracking LTE connections until the bug is resolved.

Thanks for that. I definitely have purchased that app and will have to reinstall it.

• Like 1

Engineering screen of 5x is not broken other than for Carrier Aggregation SCC values. 

Engineering screen of 5x is not broken other than for Carrier Aggregation SCC values.

I heard it was. Can you please tell me the dialer code to access it? Thanks

I heard it was. Can you please tell me the dialer code to access it? Thanks

*#*#33284#*#*

Sent from my Nexus 5X

*#*#33284#*#*

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thanks it's working with Project Fi on Sprint, but not with my T-Mobile Sim. Is that a bug?

Thanks it's working with Project Fi on Sprint, but not with my T-Mobile Sim. Is that a bug?

Nope it's as designed.

Google and Sprint specifically ordered the implementation of the sprint specific CDMA / LTE engineering screens.

Sprint is really the only one that orders engineering screens on basically all its devices.

Verizon, ATT, and Tmobile usually have it disabled.

• Like 1

Nope it's as designed.

Google and Sprint specifically ordered the implementation of the sprint specific CDMA / LTE engineering screens.

Sprint is really the only one that orders engineering screens on basically all its devices.

Verizon, ATT, and Tmobile usually have it disabled.

Thanks, I didn't know that. That's a major selling point for me. At least they didn't disable it on the S7.

Thanks, I didn't know that. That's a major selling point for me. At least they didn't disable it on the S7.

Oh yeah the Samsung engineering debug screens are a Samsung thing.

They still have a traditional engineering screen for sprint if you dial the ##debug# code.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

On a related note:  the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors had a budget update meeting yesterday.  I'm waiting on the Clerk to post some of the supporting documents.  I hope to see if there's some guidance for spending on the rebanding project.  It might give a hint to where they are in the process.  It's kind of a long shot, but some info is better than none.

UPDATE:  Only a PPT slideshow was posted that really doesn't have any granular budget details.

• Like 2

UPDATE: Only a PPT slideshow was posted that really doesn't have any granular budget details.

I really hope the FCC steps in to help sprint speed this up. This is getting carried away. Or can the FCC even do anything at this point ?

I really hope the FCC steps in to help sprint speed this up. This is getting carried away. Or can the FCC even do anything at this point ?

It's unlikely that the FCC would do anything at this point because late last year Sprint and San Bernardino County reached an agreement on schedule and money.  There are incentives from Sprint for the County finishing ahead of schedule.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any news about San Bernardino & LTE 800?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no, I asked last week about that. At this pace, we'll be lucky if they get this all worked out by 2019. 2020 maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting really pissed at SB county for delaying their clearance of the 800 MHz spectrum for PS to make way for LTE 800 in LA/OC counties.  I am not hopeful that SB county will clear as specified in their contract by end of Jan 2017.

Month after month there doesn't seem to be any progress on the 800 MHz clearing in SB county.

• Like 2

I am getting really pissed at SB county for delaying their clearance of the 800 MHz spectrum for PS to make way for LTE 800 in LA/OC counties.  I am not hopeful that SB county will clear as specified in their contract by end of Jan 2017.

Month after month there doesn't seem to be any progress on the 800 MHz clearing in SB county.

With half the county on fire.... not sure a lot of progress will be made until things cool down.

• Like 1

With half the county on fire.... not sure a lot of progress will be made until things cool down.

Its sad for all the victims. But I fear they will use this as an excuse to delay, even if it is really is not.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I visited San Diego on Thurs & Fri on a mini trip and I was pleasantly surprised by the improvements Sprint had made for LTE coverage. I had access to band 41 at most locations and at those few locations where I only got band 25, the speeds were pretty decent.

Another thing I appreciated was having unlimited data. I was using my Nexus 5X to play YouTube videos for my 1-yr old on Thurs and Fri and in 2 days I blew past by my 5gb limit on my AT&T Straight Talk plan (before the trip, I had 4gb left on my allowance).

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

• Like 2