Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Does S4GRU know what Sprint marketing might plan to announce in the future? I assume it's obvious since one can predict this by observing all the work that is done. But can we make an assumption even before heavy deployment starts?

Also' date=' is it possible that some sites might go-live/commence work, without being reported to S4GRU ?

Thanks! :D

:D[/quote']

I'm not sure what you're asking in your first question.

However, I can answer the second. We do not get notifications of when sites commence work. Our members provide that information from field observations. And occasionally, we will get some regional information from sources. But our In Progress sites listed on our maps are far from comprehensive. There are far more In Progress.

As for completed sites, we do get consistent information on those. We get lists directly from Sprint corporate sources every week of all the sites passed inspection and accepted from OEM's the previous week. We plot these on our NV Sites Complete maps weekly in our Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Hey guys! When is Sprint going to be updating their tower improvement map with the LTE info? They only have the "voice upgrade / data speed improvements" with in the last 6 months and I also find that hard to believe cause I have noticed nothing in the last 6 months.

Oh and anyone planning on possibly giving Blackberry another chance? The Q10 actually seems pretty sweet!

BlackBerryQ10-2.jpg

Black Berry has many chances with me and just got worst so no more chances with me thats for sure but best of luck to them tho...

Hey guys! When is Sprint going to be updating their tower improvement map with the LTE info? They only have the "voice upgrade / data speed improvements" with in the last 6 months and I also find that hard to believe cause I have noticed nothing in the last 6 months.

As far as we know, they will not be adding that information, specifically LTE to the maps. We have noticed that every tower that has received LTE is shown as having a speed upgraded, but not every tower that has a speed upgrade has LTE. Go figure that one out lol.

As far as we know, they will not be adding that information, specifically LTE to the maps. We have noticed that every tower that has received LTE is shown as having a speed upgraded, but not every tower that has a speed upgrade has LTE. Go figure that one out lol.

I noticed some said 1 speed upgrade and 2 speed upgraded so it got me thinking that maybe and just maybe its the ones with 2 speed upgrades. I'm not a sponsor so I don't get to see your maps. Do you know how many signed off towers there are in the OC?

Edited by ockoerner

I noticed some said 1 speed upgrade and 2 speed upgraded so it got me thinking that maybe and just maybe its the ones with 2 speed upgrades. I'm not a sponsor so I don't get to see your maps. Do you know how many signed off towers there are in the OC?

Currently there are only 2 towers with LTE signed off. I don't know that there is enough to find a pattern at this point.

I'm not sure what you're asking in your first question.

However, I can answer the second. We do not get notifications of when sites commence work. Our members provide that information from field observations. And occasionally, we will get some regional information from sources. But our In Progress sites listed on our maps are far from comprehensive. There are far more In Progress.

As for completed sites, we do get consistent information on those. We get lists directly from Sprint corporate sources every week of all the sites passed inspection and accepted from OEM's the previous week. We plot these on our NV Sites Complete maps weekly in our Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Thanks!

Where are these two towers? Do they have LTE broadcasting now?

None of the Orange County sites signed off yet have been seen broadcasting LTE yet. Now that San Diego sites are starting to go live, I fully expect the Orange Co sites will start to go live too soon.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

As someone who's lives in San Diego, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I've mapped out that one lone blot by by Carmel Mountain Road and I-15

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dude keep mapping! and i hope orange county people are mapping too!

Likewise, I would love to see some 4G LTE, especially in and around Angel Stadium and Honda Center.

+1

I would love to have LTE at Angels games. I can tether my tablet to my phone for Netflix for my kids when they are bored.

post-769-13598385017675_thumb.jpg

+1

I would love to have LTE at Angels games. I can tether my tablet to my phone for Netflix for my kids when they are bored.

I would want it so I can see replays that the stadium video board doesn't show courtesy of Slingbox. Either that or tell Arte Moreno to send some money on some WiFi installation like they do at PETCO Park in San Diego.

I would want it so I can see replays that the stadium video board doesn't show courtesy of Slingbox. Either that or tell Arte Moreno to send some money on some WiFi installation like they do at PETCO Park in San Diego.

When I had the Epic 4G Touch, the phone would pick up a solid Wimax signal....around 5mb down, 1mb up. Not so much with 3g when I got the SGS 3, but at least I got decent signal. Dodger Stadium, OTOH, was a black hole.

I read in one of the local fishwraps that as part of their stadium renovations the Doyers are installing numerous cell phone boosters around Chavez Latrine.

How long after San Diego did Orange County start it's upgrading?

We don't know when each started exactly. However, we know that Orange County started to have accepted sites about three weeks before San Diego.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

So it's possible we could start seeing LTE popping up in Orange County anytime, right?

Yes, it should be soon. There are already 4G accepted sites Orange County. The delay is probably core related. Once everything is ready, those accepted sites will probably go live first. And then we will likely see a steady progression of LTE sites go live every week. Inland Empire should start going live soon too.

Yes, it should be soon. There are already 4G accepted sites Orange County. The delay is probably core related. Once everything is ready, those accepted sites will probably go live first. And then we will likely see a steady progression of LTE sites go live every week. Inland Empire should start going live soon too.

How do we find the location of the accepted sites? Are they in the sponsors section?