Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Hey Robert quick question, here in santa Ana its been 3 days where calls and texts stopped going through is this usually a good sign of work being done?

It can be. Orange County is an active deployment area. Its probably 30-45 days before LTE signals start going live. But there will be a lot of 3G improvements that will start happening first.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

<br /><br />It can be. Orange County is an active deployment area. Its probably 30-45 days before LTE signals start going live. But there will be a lot of 3G improvements that will start happening first. <br /><br />Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

But I checked the running list and it says oc anticipated launch is in April 2013. Is it coming early

Edited by Lolanerd

But I checked the running list and it says oc anticipated launch is in April 2013. Is it coming early

Those are just the first LTE signals in the next month or so. It will be several months after the signals start showing up before we see a formal launch from Sprint. It may be earlier than April, but probably not by much.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder why I even stick with Sprint, but I finally realized that us Sprint customers have it okay, unlimited data, decent plans, decent customer service. My Brother has the iPhone 5 on Verizon and he already went over his allotted 2GB of data. When I use his phone it's amazing fast, reliable and he never has to ask himself if he is connected to a legacy or a NV tower. It must be nice..... on the other hand, Verizon is a huge rip off cash cow of a company so let's just stop there. I appreciate Sprint's focus now on its network and customer experience. Most of my Family had Sprint at some point and jumped ship to Verizon. Sadly because of Sprint's lackluster network here in OC. I can't blame them. Some days I feel stupid for renewing my contract with Sprint and not going to another carrier, and somedays I have hope that a day will come when I won't be embarrassed to have Sprint as my provider anymore. The Speeds in Costa Mesa, CA and Irvine are beyond pathetic. Even my friends on T-Mobile never have a problem even if it's "fake 4G" at least it works and is there. S4GRU is my only source for Evidence of Advancements for Sprint. I want Sprint to succeed for some reason, I don't know why I just do. I Thank S4GRU for giving us hope in our battle against the telecom crisis in America. Long live S4GRU! Any signs of LTE here in OC anyone?

I'm right with you...I want so bad to leave Sprint for VZW for the better performance since I'm in an area that's a complete dead zone for practically any signal where I need it most....but then I look at the plan I'd need to buy and see a need for 4 @ $40 for my family's phones and $100 for 10GB of shared data which my 14yo and I will blow through easily most months. That's nearly $100 more than I'm paying now for UNLIMITED (ok it's limited quality right now but whatever) with a pool of shared voice minutes that we never come close to using.

Can't beat that with a stick. I'm staying and waiting...and hoping a variation of the Rezound (4.3" with 720p screen) hits us at some point since I don't really want a behemoth like the SGS3, EVOLTE or larger...

Just out of curiosity' date=' will NV come before the LTE or will they happen at the same time?[/quote']

Sometimes the 3G upgrades are done first, sometimes LTE is done first, sometimes both are done at the same time, but it is all NV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know who is doing the LTE deployment here? Idk if I used the right term but like Samsung, etc.

The Network Vision/LTE OEM for Orange County is Alcatel Lucent. Which we often refer to as AlcaLu.

Can't wait to test out the new updated site 3G/4G in the Disneyland area. Service and Data is terrible while on the park. Maybe is time to activate my Galaxy Nexus. I'm still using my Nexus S 4G since Wimax helps a lot when 3G lags.

So just noticed that if I have my phone on cdma only it switches to evdo and if I put cdma/lte it gets ehrpd is that normal? .. And I'm seeing decent speeds right now getting a avg of .80mbs download .30 upload better than the usual .30 download I used to get.

So just noticed that if I have my phone on cdma only it switches to evdo and if I put cdma/lte it gets ehrpd is that normal? .. And I'm seeing decent speeds right now getting a avg of .80mbs download .30 upload better than the usual .30 download I used to get.

That's perfectly normal. No reason for a CDMA only phone to use eHRPD, since it's only needed for the hand-off from LTE to 3G.

• Like 1

To assist local residents spot Legacy Sprint towers, vs the new Network Vision upgraded ones I went to a nearby tower for some pics. This one is in a shopping center in Irvine at the intersection of Yale and Irvine Blvd. The shopping center is the one with Zion Market, Carls Jr, Del Taco, and US Bank. The tower sits on the Northwest side of the center behind the Zion market.

post-4596-0-12705600-1357006976_thumb.jpg

post-4596-0-17587800-1357007030_thumb.jpg

post-4596-0-35048400-1357007058_thumb.jpg

post-4596-0-80540800-1357007105_thumb.jpg

The shopping center is the one with Zion Market, Carls Jr, Del Taco, and US Bank. The tower sits on the Northwest side of the center behind the Zion market.

Now, that is what I call an austere site. No bag for those groceries, no bacon on that burger, no extra cheese on that taco, no added fees for that withdrawal.

AJ

• Like 2

Now, that is what I call an austere site. No bag for those groceries, no bacon on that burger, no extra cheese on that taco, no added fees for that withdrawal.

AJ

In a neighborhood where the average home still sits in the 500K range, and where people earn mid to high six figure incomes I was really surprised that it was well........ So poorly equipped to handle the population density and throughput. For lack of better wording. At least mounting of the 800 SMR 1xADV, 1900 PCS LTE/EVDO Rev A, and potentially 2600 band WiMax/anything will be a breeze on this tower........

In a neighborhood where the average home still sits in the 500K range, and where people earn mid to high six figure incomes I was really surprised that it was well........ So poorly equipped to handle the population density and throughput. For lack of better wording. At least mounting of the 800 SMR 1xADV, 1900 PCS LTE/EVDO Rev A, and potentially 2600 band WiMax/anything will be a breeze on this tower........

These are often the hardest places to deploy. We call them "High Barrier to Entry" areas. These are the NIMBYest bastards of all. They don't see the connection between opposing wireless towers and crappy coverage. Always amazes me.

These are often the hardest places to deploy. We call them "High Barrier to Entry" areas. These are the NIMBYest bastards of all. They don't see the connection between opposing wireless towers and crappy coverage. Always amazes me.

Whats most ironic is that 60 percent of the residents here are IT/science majors working for Software/tech companies nearby like Toshiba, Sony, Gateway, Hewlett Packard, and EA. They of all people should be the least NIMBY bastardesqe. Maybe its all the bleach blonde/hooker looking bimbos that I see strapped to them that are draining their rational thought process.

Maybe its all the bleach blonde/hooker looking bimbos that I see strapped to them that are draining their rational thought process.

As a geographer particularly fascinated by the Southern California highway culture, I love this Saturday Night Live sketch. Of course, it is an exaggeration, but it seems aptly described as "roads & bros."

:P

http://www.hulu.com/watch/350669

AJ

As a geographer particularly fascinated by the Southern California highway culture, I love this Saturday Night Live sketch. Of course, it is an exaggeration, but it seems aptly described as "roads & bros."

:P

http://www.hulu.com/watch/350669

AJ

This must be how it is north of the 76. I'm in San Diego but dont get it twisted bro, I'm South of the 8, and East of the 15, over where they are building the new Wal-Mart Market on 2nd street.

haha I love that sketch.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up guys! Any word on LTE popping up or by work do they mean they ordered the routers, radios and antennas for the towers and will get around to it when they feel like it? I work literally 100 feet from one of Sprints data centers with a tower, portable generators and Ericsson trucks all over and their tower hasn't had a visit from man in years. They did't even do a data/voice upgrade on it! Anyways hope to hear from someone soon with good news...