Network Vision/LTE - Providence Market

nooblube

Providence seems to be having LTE also, some days its on, some days its not. been getting it from the george washington bridge on 195W all the way up to mineral spring ave on 146N. most of western woonsocket seems to be pretty well covered to. also alot of Riverside and barrington seem to have stretches of LTE. ive been mapping my trips with sensorly to give us all more an idea of deployment and availability. 

On the Jamestown side of the Newport Bridge through a lot of Newport I got strong LTE.

I dropped it in Middletown and picked up anther strong signal on west main road in Portsmouth by St. Mary's Pond.

I'm so excited for RI to light up !

Edited by batman722
  • Like 2

Im hopping its not going to be like WiMAX and its gonna be spotty coverage?

Gosh no, that was Clearwires network not Sprints.

It will be spotty until all towers are turned on but that's to be expected.

Looking like testing is going on now. I got LTE from about 3:00 pm last night almost all over Warwick and most of west Warwick! I'm assuming only test signals because I'm only getting between 5 and 7 down! So happy to see LTE on my phone :)

Edited by Weirdfate
  • Like 1

its great to hear more and more of the state starting to light up. from what I've read LTE is set to be launched in november, I'm wondering if that means all the markets or just the majority of them.

its great to hear more and more of the state starting to light up. from what I've read LTE is set to be launched in november, I'm wondering if that means all the markets or just the majority of them.

All markets ... country wide or just Rhode Island? 

There is too much work yet to be done for a Providence - or Rhode Island - launch in November, maybe by December... but even that's pushing it.

All markets ... country wide or just Rhode Island? 

There is too much work yet to be done for a Providence - or Rhode Island - launch in November, maybe by December... but even that's pushing it.

providence market. i remember reading a year ago that it was to be completed around november, but i want sure if that means all markets and if not what markets does that consist of.

providence market. i remember reading a year ago that it was to be completed around november, but i want sure if that means all markets and if not what markets does that consist of.

Rhode Island is a market in and of itself, though when the launch, they may launch individual cities rather than the whole state at once.

Initial completion dates for the most part have been pushed 3-6 months due to delays with equipment and backhaul.

would you say what is live now is testing and not a final product?

Anything that is live now is completed and the final product - for that individual site. Sprint is releasing each site to the public when it is completed rather than wait for the whole market to be complete, unlike AT&T and Verzion who wait until everything is done to magically activate LTE over the entire area. 

The way Sprint is doing it allows you to access LTE sooner, which is good since we all know the shape of  the current EVDO network, but does initially cause isolated islands of LTE. As more sites are online, LTE coverage will grow. 

The actual "launch" day is nothing more than a press release. Coverage will not be any different the day after the launch than it was the day before. The only thing that changes is coverage is official represented on coverage maps, and you are able to open tickets on LTE issues. 

Rhode Island is a market in and of itself, though when the launch, they may launch individual cities rather than the whole state at once.

Initial completion dates for the most part have been pushed 3-6 months due to delays with equipment and backhaul.

Anything that is live now is completed and the final product - for that individual site. Sprint is releasing each site to the public when it is completed rather than wait for the whole market to be complete, unlike AT&T and Verzion who wait until everything is done to magically activate LTE over the entire area. 

The way Sprint is doing it allows you to access LTE sooner, which is good since we all know the shape of  the current EVDO network, but does initially cause isolated islands of LTE. As more sites are online, LTE coverage will grow. 

The actual "launch" day is nothing more than a press release. Coverage will not be any different the day after the launch than it was the day before. The only thing that changes is coverage is official represented on coverage maps, and you are able to open tickets on LTE issues. 

thanks for the info, thats all great to know. I'm seeing more and more locations getting LTE on sensory by the week. 

There still seems to be a lot of towers not yet upgraded to 3G but I do remember that they are turned on in clusters.

Even if the final product is 6 months out at least we know it has started.

How is lte in building? I work at the Walmart in Coventry and lte sucks in the building and around the side

I don't know if there's a difference. Was your EVDO signal any different?

Maybe it's not at full power yet.

Ya I notice if I switch off lte I get better (balls) lte drops off my phone when I enter the building and I only get it back when I'm out of the lot and on centre of NE blvd. the tower is directly behind bjs

Must not be at full power, probably testing.

Well that tower did go down about a week ago and there's still a ticket opened up on my account. Dan@sprint.com is following up with me cause that tower was down for about a week and they say there's still something going on if the ticket is still open

The tower over at centre of New England blvd sucks! Lte doesn't even reach past the walmart! Drops off as soon as I get into the lot on the far side of the building

It must still be in the testing phase and not fully accepted.

Last winter I had a site across the street from me in FL that went live while I was down there. Same situation, it was fine at the condo but when I drove a 1/4 mile to Gulfstream the signal faded and speeds dropped off significantly.

It's now great and the only thing I can attribute it to was the fact that it was being tested first.

Tonight while driving from Bald Hill Rd in warwick, home to woonsocket via 295 this was my LTE Mapped trip. the fact that I'm approaching 50% LTE coverage in most of my commutes is really awesome. 

post-10685-0-60885800-1383188786_thumb.jpg

Edited by jepine3

• 2 weeks later...