HTC Edge/Endeavor/One X

shaunm82

I get 18-20 hrs on a sprint 2600 I'm not really into extended batteries but this one isn't as thick as the other ones and it was free ;-)

That is definately tolerable. A phone has to get me at least 16 hours of moderate to heavy use.

Whats funny is the HTC ONE-X is supposed to be the top phone. Running the tegra-3 (Quad-core processor.)

But I think the HTC ONE-S will beat it in benchmarks. Since it will be running the new S4 processor.(dual core)

so 4.3" and s4?

or 4.6" and tegra 3?

Edited by lrmcgarvey

I get 18-20 hrs on a sprint 2600 I'm not really into extended batteries but this one isn't as thick as the other ones and it was free ;-)

And I also hate the fat extended batteries. In 2 of my last 3 phones, I have bought "slim" extended batteries that are the same size or just a hair larger than stock. Some of those extended batteries are insane. I really don't want to add 3/8 inch to the thickness of my phone...

Whats funny is the HTC ONE-X is supposed to be the top phone. Running the tegra-3 (Quad-core processor.)

But I think the HTC ONE-S will beat it in benchmarks. Since it will be running the new S4 processor.(dual core)

so 4.3" and s4?

or 4.6" and tegra 3?

We don't know the full stats on the tegra 3 yet though. If done the way they are saying, it could have huge power savings with the companion core and mega power when it needs it. I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.

And I also hate the fat extended batteries. In 2 of my last 3 phones' date=' I have bought "slim" extended batteries that are the same size or just a hair larger than stock. Some of those extended batteries are insane. I really don't want to add 3/8 inch to the thickness of my phone...[/quote']

Yeah mine sticks out some but the back has alot better profile than the other ones I saw. I am near a charger most of the time but I still want it to hold up just incase. I can always use my solar feeder charger while in the woods too lmao.

We don't know the full stats on the tegra 3 yet though. If done the way they are saying, it could have huge power savings with the companion core and mega power when it needs it. I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.

It's the same terga3 that's in the tablets I thought. The whole 5th core announced was already there from the start just never really discussed fully the way I read it during the presentation stream.

And if that's the case the dual core S4 will stomp it in some tests. 28nm FTW :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

so 4.3" and s4?

or 4.6" and tegra 3?

AT&Ts version of the ONE-X will be running the S4 also. Seems like the rest of the world will see quad cores, and the USA will use the S4 in their phones(AT&T/T-Mobile)

thats fine b/c the dual S4 keeps up with the terga3 as it is now...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5584/htcs-new-strategy-the-htc-one

Also heres the thread over in xda i had during the event today. bottom of my post has all the pre-mwc rumor stuff.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1466209

all in all I was surprised they didn't discuss Sense4.0 more. The camera stuff they went over seemed AMAZING, along with the case finishes they are using, gorilla glass too....BUT the whole built in battery, and NO SD card is enough for me to reconsider greatly any variety that makes its way to Sprint if those hold the same. I get theres more space so SD card might not be needed but its a safety thing for me more than anything. If my phone is messed up I always know I have a backup of 99% my stuff on my SD card. Yes I could sync with the cloud BUT that alone kills the battery, and doing so on the computer is just tedious. Also the battery being smaller than I would expect it to be for a built in one is a turn off. AGAIN WHY HTC do you still push to have that bump for the camera making the rest of the phone thin so you can say its a thin phone overall? Make it flush and put a bitter battery in the sucker and tout 3 day battery life or whatever. Its not that big of a difference but the bump itself is redic imho.

The HTC One series was announced last night.

The One-X will be an AT&T phone with ICS and sense 4.0, a 4.7 inch 720p screen, 1.5 Ghz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor, beats audio and 1800 mAh battery. It also will sport a wireless HDMI connection (with an adapter.)

The One-V will be an entry level ICS model with Sense 3.6, a 3.7" SLCD2 screen with 480x800 resolution, 1GHz single-core processor, 5MP camera, 512MB of RAM and 4GB internal storage, but no expansion SD slot.

The One-S will go to T-Mobile and will get most of the items from the HTC One X, such as ICS, Beats Audio and HTC Sense 4.0, but it’ll be more compact with a 4.3” qHD Super AMOLED display, dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor 8MP camera with F2.0 lens. It will be 0.31” thick, which is way thinner than the HTC products we have seen.

It appears the HTC One line all contain their new ImageChip, which allows for advanced picture taking abilities like taking pictures while filming a video and low light capabilities.

I like HTC phones. But they really need to do something about battery life. Between smaller batteries and Sense being a battery drain, it really is a major turn off.

Personally my next phone will most likely be a samsung. Maybe the note or the SIII when its released. I just wish Samsung would fix thier radio issue. Radios are one of the reasons I always keep motorola options open.

Just don't understand why Samsung with all its techs can't fix thier reception issues. Seems like they are always -10db or so behind everyone else.

Yep, I steer clear of Samsung. When you happen to be in a low signal area, they fail to work properly.

Samsung has had the problem for years. I am not positive the problem is there on the latest Samsung phones, but I sure am not going to buy one to find out. I have dropped more calls on a Samsung phone than all other brands combined.

Another fail for this phone. According to some reports. the US version (at least the one coming to AT&T) will also only have 16GB of storage compaired to the 32GB of the international version.

16GB and no SD slot? Are they serious?

Another fail for this phone. According to some reports. the US version (at least the one coming to AT&T) will also only have 16GB of storage compaired to the 32GB of the international version.

Yeah, the cloud is great and can reduce what has to be saved on the phone but not on tiered or throttled att.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I think its only 16gb on the One S

Yeah, the cloud is great and can reduce what has to be saved on the phone but not on tiered or throttled att.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

who cares about tiered network....how about battery life? having to sync up to dropbox all the time to back up your data since you dont have an SD card?.....no thanks

regardless i've been trying to knock some sense into some of the folks at xda recently in my thread that covered this device. Some saying its not an upgrade are just missing it completely. Same with those complaining about it not being quad core in US. I mean come on read up a little please, the S4 dual core spanks the terga3 in 90% bench's and at the very least is NOT a drawback in the slightest. The other thing is the whole fact they have its own dedicated image chip on board now that provides HUGE advantages to the camera, along with the F/2.0 lens!! Oh and the display is great too! And I haven't even gotten into the whole ridiculous types of coatings they used for the shell's, one is polycarbonate, and another is freaking plasma treated, all with gorilla glass...

I do say though my gripes are the battery issue, no SD card, no shutter button...Hopefully these are things that Sprint irons out...

PC Mag uncovered why the Tegra 3 isn't in the HTC One phones that were announced.

The U.S. won't initially see one of One's announced innovations, the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor. That's because "Nvidia doesn't have very solid LTE which is ready for the market yet," Kodera said.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400774,00.asp

• Like 1

http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-jewel-tipped-as-among-first-sprint-lte-phones

rumors begin...lol

also another article saying the same thing..http://phandroid.com/2012/02/28/sprint-has-plans-to-introduce-htc-one-x-variant-evo-hd-lte-coming-soon-rumor/

BUT that guy did 0 research before putting his up as he wrote "...We could hear more at CTIA in March..." and that may have been true in past but its pretty obvious that CTIA is in May this year. lol

shotty journalism. haha

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

lol i put out a stock debloated rom for the Hero, in fact i just finished a rom with the updated apps2sd for someone who still uses it

I still keep a Hero around my home as a back up to my back up. I gave it to my son as his first Sprint phone. It was such a dog. I hated using it. Now I keep it as a back up phone in case something goes awry.

For those of us who are visual learners, here's a graph that shows the benchmark performance of the One X (EVO). Although this is a Qualcomm test, it's still impressive if performance holds up with the final build.

but the S4 looks like it's fast enough that the loss of the Tegra 3 shouldn't be too much of a worry.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/25/2902020/htc-one-x-att-benchmark-qualcomm-snapdragon-s4

• Like 1

According to Chris Chavez' date=' who works for Phandroid, Sprint's version will have an SD slot and kickstand.[/quote']

I was approached with the same info, but no one would give me a document that said it. It may end up being true, I don't know. But if someone won't show me the document, I don't report it. Maybe someone gave Phandroid the doc?

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner