HTC Edge/Endeavor/One X

shaunm82

Think that the latter is what its called now. Haven't seen a comfirmed line up of carriers yet. But do you think Sprint will see this?

HTC has stated they want to be amoung the first out with the quad core. 1.5Ghz and a gig of RAM, with a 4.7in display.

Guess we will find out more with MWC this weekend..

• Like 1

HTC likes to push innovation. I wouldn't be surprised if they are first with a quad core. I hope it is as well designed as the Evo so it doesn't get stepped over by Samsung and Moto when they come out with their quad cores. Plus I hope they put more than a gig of RAM in there. As was stated in another thread, phones have been stuck on 1GB RAM for a while, I think they are ready to move to more. At least if they want to be relevant in a year.

• Like 1

I have been more pleased with my Samsung than the HTC products I've had in the past. However, I'm willing to give HTC a shot again if they beat Samsung with a highly upgraded device with excellent build quality and street appeal case design.

And most importantly, Sprint would need to carry it!

But if Samsung is within 30 to 45 days of an equal product on the now network, it may cause me pause.

Posted via Forum Runner

Think that the latter is what its called now. Haven't seen a comfirmed line up of carriers yet. But do you think Sprint will see this?

HTC has stated they want to be amoung the first out with the quad core. 1.5Ghz and a gig of RAM, with a 4.7in display.

Guess we will find out more with MWC this weekend..

Not likely as it is a GSM device according to the specs. Wanna say I read its not even US bound. But if it does come US itll be TMobile/ATT that get the thing first.

Honestly I want nothing to do with the thing since its running a terga3.

Snapdragon S4 chip based phone for me is all I am accepting for my next phone. Love Nvidia stuff for my computers but Qualcomm has me sold big time...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/235-qualcomm-s4-benchmarked/

Yeah I noticed it was GSM too, they said MAYBE a CDMA version would be out in August or so, rumors anyways.

I was just reading about the S4 also, the tests have been amazing. Here is another one from Android Police

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/21/new-1-5ghz-qualcomm-snapdragon-s4-msm8960-dual-core-cpu-benchmarked-absolutely-blows-the-socks-off-all-other-publicly-released-phone-cpus/

Yeah I noticed it was GSM too, they said MAYBE a CDMA version would be out in August or so, rumors anyways.

I was just reading about the S4 also, the tests have been amazing. Here is another one from Android Police

http://www.androidpo...sed-phone-cpus/

yeah all the stuff written about the S4 is from the link in the thread I linked to. Anand Tech did an amazing write up on the chipset. 4 pages long and very indepth.

• Like 1

Well, for the HTC fans on Sprint's sake. I hope they are also working on a CDMA phone with quad core. They used to have a great relationship with Sprint. Maybe it has soured with Sprint securing the iPhone and cutting into HTCs market, or their buddying up to Samsung and Motorola.

Well, for the HTC fans on Sprint's sake. I hope they are also working on a CDMA phone with quad core. They used to have a great relationship with Sprint. Maybe it has soured with Sprint securing the iPhone and cutting into HTCs market, or their buddying up to Samsung and Motorola.

My last two phones have been HTC. Had the Hero when it was first released, and I'm on the EVO 4G. I've been or have been fairly happy with both. But I am looking to Samsung for my next device possibly.

I think it's a given and the quad core chips will probably form the basis for the next EVO device. Maybe a true successor to the original EVO 4G. That said, get ready to wait as we probably won't see said device until late Spring or early Summer.

I'm looking forward to what high end devices Samsung, HTC and Motorola will bring to the party this year.

My last two phones have been HTC. Had the Hero when it was first released, and I'm on the EVO 4G. I've been or have been fairly happy with both. But I am looking to Samsung for my next device possibly.

Hero... I had that phone and it almost turned me completely against HTC.

• Like 1

Hero... I had that phone and it almost turned me completely against HTC.

LOL. I honestly can't remember my experience with it too much. Guess that says alot. I actually powered it on a couple weeks back, and it loaded up with a version of CM on it.

LOL. I honestly can't remember my experience with it too much. Guess that says alot. I actually powered it on a couple weeks back, and it loaded up with a version of CM on it.

I had CM on it and that was the ONLY silver lining. I had the phone for the entire 2 years of my contract. It was so slow, I would have about 3 seconds to answer a call before it went to voicemail. I guess it could have been network issues, but I think it was the phone. Then there was the issue with memory. I think it had a 3.5" floppy disc for its memory. I could keep approximately 7 apps installed before overflowing the memory. I had to continuously uninstall and reinstall Yahoo's fantasy football app to clear out the data (there were several times where it reached 25 MB and it was unable to just clear out the data.) The only thing I can say for it was that it was really durable. There were several times that it met concrete at a high rate of speed and after re-inserting the battery and putting the back cover back on, it fired right back up. Then you add the fact that everyone else was using the Evo, and I was very unhappy with the HTC Zero.

• Like 2

I still keep a Hero around my home as a back up to my back up. I gave it to my son as his first Sprint phone. It was such a dog. I hated using it. Now I keep it as a back up phone in case something goes awry.

Years from now, the Hero will be looked upon fondly as a classic. For the first Android phone with Sprint, it was better than a lot of the WM6 and BB devices floating around. Yes it wore out its welcome fairly quickly, but as pyroscott mentioned, it ran fairly well with CM7 although I never had the memory issues he had.

Years from now when your great grand kids visit you at the nursing home and their showing you their latest communication device running Android 75, you can say with pride that you witnessed the dawn of Android history when you had the Hero running Android 1.5.

• Like 1

I like HTC phones. But they really need to do something about battery life. Between smaller batteries and Sense being a battery drain, it really is a major turn off.

Personally my next phone will most likely be a samsung. Maybe the note or the SIII when its released. I just wish Samsung would fix thier radio issue. Radios are one of the reasons I always keep motorola options open.

Just don't understand why Samsung with all its techs can't fix thier reception issues. Seems like they are always -10db or so behind everyone else.

• Like 2

I thought drop box was giving all android users 50gb

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

????? Never herd that at all...

I know it was rumored for Sense 4.0 devices to get 50Gb dropbox space but that has recently been shot down as its only 25Gb and for 2yrs according to the leaked press images for HTCs event tomorrow showing off the phone...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Well, just read the specs of the HTC X.

1800 mAh non-removeable battery and no SD slot. Utter fail on HTC's part.

I don't think they had a choice, people want thin and light. HTC's classic mold is thick and heavy.

Plus their batteries have never been big enough. They must think people want to use their phone for 3 hours per charge.

I don't think they had a choice' date=' people want thin and light. HTC's classic mold is thick and heavy. Their batteries have never been big enough. They must think people want to use their phone for 3 hours per charge.[/quote']

That's what custom roms/kernels are for lol.