Network Vision/LTE - East Kentucky Market (Lexington)

lil_jimmy_norton

FINALLY. 

Richmond has LTE along 75 and the north side of the bypass and near campus (according to friend). Hopefully some of the EKU kids out there with sensorly installed will help flesh out the map.

• Like 1

Well I had it for a week lost it today hopefully just working on the tower. I ran sensorly like 12 times but still not showing on there maps

If your Device is still accurate and you are using an iPhone 5 then it won't show up since the iOS version is incapable of mapping from what I understand. It's a limitation of the OS that prevents it from what I understand

Yeah I have an iPhone 5. Before I left work I went to the roof where I was getting lte 3 weeks ago and not down on the ground and I still was getting 4 bars of lte but my work roof is 120 feet tall

Progress update for East KY

NV Completion: 63.87%

LTE Completion: 43.70%

I noticed that the deployment running list hasn't yet been updated.  Where did this info come from?  I see that you're a premier sponsor so I'm aware that you have access to greater information.

I noticed that the deployment running list hasn't yet been updated. Where did this info come from? I see that you're a premier sponsor so I'm aware that you have access to greater information.

I've got a a spreadsheet of ky sites that I'm keeping track of. I have every East/West KY site in a map with the associated LTE serving cells for sites that have been reported. My map and spreadsheet are sponsor info, but the stats are info Robert gives out. Since its been awhile I thought I'd update everyone. Looking at my map I'm surprised Lexington hasn't been launched yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well my suspicions were correct about something odd last night. My Mom had a new computer dropped off and I went over to show her how to set it up and happened to glance up at the tower (Mom lives a street over from Forrest Ave were the tower is located) to see a "fella in yella" up top working on the antenna array. I can only assume it's a good thing.

Well my suspicions were correct about something odd last night. My Mom had a new computer dropped off and I went over to show her how to set it up and happened to glance up at the tower (Mom lives a street over from Forrest Ave were the tower is located) to see a "fella in yella" up top working on the antenna array. I can only assume it's a good thing.

Is this on a tower that was already previously broacasting LTE?  If so...I wonder if it's the start of 800 installation in the E KY market?  I sure hope so!

Is this on a tower that was already previously broacasting LTE? If so...I wonder if it's the start of 800 installation in the E KY market? I sure hope so!

They shouldn't have to climb the tower for that unless there is an issue. LTE 800 equipment was installed at the same time as 1900. It's installed as a package. That's way the LTE 800 deployment should move a lot faster than the first round as all they have to do is put in the carrier card and test it. They do not have to wait on back haul this time around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Is this on a tower that was already previously broacasting LTE?  If so...I wonder if it's the start of 800 installation in the E KY market?  I sure hope so!

No it was not showering us in LTE just yet, but I believe that maybe it was approved for 3g already. I have noticed a dramatic pickup in 3g performance in the last week or so, I'm not a sponsor right now so I can't confirm that fact. When this tower was initially getting NV equipment put up I was able to see (via spotting scope) that all three RRUs were in place and wired to the antennas for all of (800, PCS, LTE) the NV upgrades.

Lexington has come along nicely. It seems like they just turned on one more tower downtown and I'm getting a strong signal in most of downtown. 

How can I tell what tower it is that I'm connect to? 

Signal Check Pro. 1.99 app on google play that will tell you the location of the 1xRTT (voice) tower that you are using. There's a big thread about it in the General Forum and it should explain some things.

Lexington has come along nicely. It seems like they just turned on one more tower downtown and I'm getting a strong signal in most of downtown. 

How can I tell what tower it is that I'm connect to?

From my experience, Signal Check Pro usually only gives you an address in the sector of the tower that you are connected to. I know when I check it at my house, it gives the address of a house about 5 down from me which I can guarantee there is no tower there.

The best way I know is to use your engineering screen and check the serving cell. Some of the area sponsor forums have developed spreadsheets to track the towers in their area. mdob07 has created a spreadsheet for KY but no one has reported serving cells for the East KY area yet. He has some helpful links in his signature(3 posts up) that explain how to use the engineering screen and to the Sponsor's section with the Kentucky LTE spreadsheet.

Oh I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me!

They shouldn't have to climb the tower for that unless there is an issue. LTE 800 equipment was installed at the same time as 1900. It's installed as a package. That's way the LTE 800 deployment should move a lot faster than the first round as all they have to do is put in the carrier card and test it. They do not have to wait on back haul this time around.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well it's been a long wait, but it's finally over. Danville has LTE all over the east end and it's now in Lancaster at the 34/27 Intersection. Solid connection and performance. 6mb both ways.

I mapped what I could while driving and not endangering myself or others. The purple should be showing up soon on sensorly.

One more edit. Sitting at a friends in lancaster my phone has played the 800mhz notification sound a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be sticking.

Edited by xdfgf
  • Like 1

I know this forum frowns on excessive speedtests (and I agree with that position), but given the opportunity to finally be able to test it in my own front yard I couldn't resist doing one on speedtest.net and sensorly

620127027.png

I'm very pleased

Edited by xdfgf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of Voice Roaming the past couple of days in Richmond and Danville. Similar behavior to the run-up for LTE launching but on the voice side of the service. Maybe 800mhz testing?

• Like 1