Network Vision/LTE - East Kentucky Market (Lexington)

lil_jimmy_norton

Lots of white vans and heavy trucks out this past week, and many with spools of fiber in the back. I don't know if it's all Sprint related but theres a lot of fiber work being done in Danville/Richmond this week.

In the sponsor section of the site I have posted pictures of work going on in Lexington. Confirmed 1 site has Panels, RRUs, and Cabinets installed but not active.

Possible work on at least 2 more sites.

• Like 3

In the sponsor section of the site I have posted pictures of work going on in Lexington. Confirmed 1 site has Panels, RRUs, and Cabinets installed but not active.

Possible work on at least 2 more sites.

Good news indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if everyone got this but last night I got an notification from the Sprint Zone app saying "The All New Sprint Network is Coming to Your Area". I'm not sure if that was a system wide notification or an actual Lexington area one. 

• Like 1

I don't know if everyone got this but last night I got an notification from the Sprint Zone app saying "The All New Sprint Network is Coming to Your Area". I'm not sure if that was a system wide notification or an actual Lexington area one.

I received the same notification here in Santa Fe, NM via Sprint Zone.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I received the same notification here in Santa Fe, NM via Sprint Zone.

Robert - is your gut feeling that this is truly the beginning of the start for both markets (Santa Fe and Lexington)?  They are both 3rd round if I recall correctly and about the same size (not that city size is relevant in deployment as previously demonstrated).  To be clear - was it a system wide notification or is it really the start of NV?

Robert - is your gut feeling that this is truly the beginning of the start for both markets (Santa Fe and Lexington)? They are both 3rd round if I recall correctly and about the same size (not that city size is relevant in deployment as previously demonstrated). To be clear - was it a system wide notification or is it really the start of NV?

Work is starting here now. I cannot say with 100% certainty that the message was geographically targeted to specific NV areas. But I have heard enough widespread reports that I have my doubts.

Work is going on in the East Kentucky and New Mexico markets right now regardless. We have had a verified site sighting near Lexington and I seen one myself in New Mexico. It's beginning!

• Like 1

Where is the completed tower in Lexington? ( I know it currently isn't broadcasting LTE)

It is not completed, it is in progress. It is shown on the sponsor maps in the sponsor section of our site.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You guys in Lexington shouldnt feel bad......Middlesboro has been marked in progress for over 4 months now. It is definitely Ericsson/Sprint dragging their feet here because backhaul is certainly in place. Verizon has been broadcasting lte for several months here on the same tower.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You guys in Lexington shouldnt feel bad......Middlesboro has been marked in progress for over 4 months now. It is definitely Ericsson/Sprint dragging their feet here because backhaul is certainly in place. Verizon has been broadcasting lte for several months here on the same tower.

Verizon does not give it's backhaul to other carriers. Sprint has to bring in their own. Verizon frequently uses microwave to their rural LTE sites.

How do I locate sponsor maps? I am a sponsor

You're a Sponsor and have never been to the NV sites Complete Map?? It's the most important thread of the site: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

• Like 1

Verizon does not give it's backhaul to other carriers. Sprint has to bring in their own. Verizon frequently uses microwave to their rural LTE sites.

I was told that both Verizon and Sprint would be using AT&T fiber at this site. The tower is also located directly beside the AT&T switching building. Obviously, info could be wrong but it did come from an local AT&T emloyee....

I was told that both Verizon and Sprint would be using AT&T fiber at this site. The tower is also located directly beside the AT&T switching building. Obviously, info could be wrong but it did come from an local AT&T emloyee....

Sprint may or may not be using AT&T at that location. They are using dozens of backhaul vendors and only uses AT&T when they have to. Even if they are using AT&T, they were delayed in getting started in the market. They're only really getting started now.

• Like 1

I'm super stoked about this.  I think Sprint (well, their subcontractors) have really kicked it into high gear since the weather warmed up this spring.  I just wish the rest of the nation knew what we did - that most major metros DO have some accessible LTE in their areas, it's just that it has yet to be announced!  Speaking of, when do you think Sprint will make another major announcement?  Philly, DC, Miami, OKC, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Memphis, NOLA and NYC and San Fran I would think are all about where they need to be for an an "official" unveling.  Again, I know it means little to us but it does to the masses.  I would love for everyone to quit saying that Sprint's LTE coverage sucks.  It actually doesn't..it's just that not many people are aware of it.  And, soon enough, even places like Middlesboro and Lexington, KY will have decent LTE coverage.  Bring it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on in East Kentucky market these days?  Does Sprint (Ericsson) typically update all the towers in a market more or less simultaneously?  I'm moving to a rural enough area to not have landline based internet service and I'm wondering if LTE will be coming to the Frankfort/Lawrenceburg area soon enough that I should sign up with Millenicom instead of going the WISP route (25GB soft cap vs. 50GB sort-of-soft cap and faster speeds).

I don't know where to ask. I live in Winchester ky on the sprint nv site it shows the tower less then 2 miles from my house but I only have 1 bar on my iPhone5 and just about everywhere in Winchester I bounce from sprint to extended. The map shows updates to the tower which about 3 months ago it didn't even show we had a tower here. I can see the tower from my place when them leafs are dead it's not a new tower you think it might not be turned on or they just have the wrong location on nv

I don't know where to ask. I live in Winchester ky on the sprint nv site it shows the tower less then 2 miles from my house but I only have 1 bar on my iPhone5 and just about everywhere in Winchester I bounce from sprint to extended. The map shows updates to the tower which about 3 months ago it didn't even show we had a tower here. I can see the tower from my place when them leafs are dead it's not a new tower you think it might not be turned on or they just have the wrong location on nv

I assume the nv site your talking about is network.sprint.com

If so, that site doesn't just show NV upgrades, is shows legacy "band-aid" upgrades as well.

You guys do realize that an LTE site supposedly went live in the East Kentucky market this week, right?  I tried to find it on the map but it doesn't seem to be showing.  I've contacted Robert for further clarification.  The information is on the latest acceptance reports from yesterday. 

You guys do realize that an LTE site supposedly went live in the East Kentucky market this week, right?  I tried to find it on the map but it doesn't seem to be showing.  I've contacted Robert for further clarification.  The information is on the latest acceptance reports from yesterday. 

It won't show up on the map until the next refresh.

• Like 1

You guys do realize that an LTE site supposedly went live in the East Kentucky market this week, right? I tried to find it on the map but it doesn't seem to be showing. I've contacted Robert for further clarification. The information is on the latest acceptance reports from yesterday.

It's on there now. It was supposed to be on the last refresh. It looks like I made an error and forgot to log it.

It's on there now. It was supposed to be on the last refresh. It looks like I made an error and forgot to log it.

Which map should it be posted on? I live very close to this area and would like to go check out the location.  Also I just made a donation via paypal.