Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

1. Become a Sponsor or Premier Sponsor. And/or:

2. Buy Signal Check Pro from Google Play Store (written by an S4GRU Premier). And/or:

3. Use NetMonitor (free) from Google Play Store (It may tell you that your tower is in Bangladesh, but it does show it correctly on the map).

Be warned: Southeast Wisconsin Sprint towers don't transmit their actual geographic locations (like northern Illinois towers do), but will typically show 3 locations, 1 for each sector. You find the matching BSID's (usually they are 3 consecutive numbers), look at the triangle they make on a map, and the actual tower is approximately in the middle. Sponsor maps show the exact locations.

Thank for all the good info. I'm south central Wisconsin actually but it's prolly the same thing in terms of transmiting location. Tommy, your prolly in a completed nv market? is signal strength improved and over all preformence?

Thank for all the good info. I'm south central Wisconsin actually but it's prolly the same thing in terms of transmiting location. Tommy, your prolly in a completed nv market? is signal strength improved and over all preformence?

If you are in Middleton, you are in the Milwaukee market. Sadly, I live in one of the last holes in the Chicagoland NV implementation -- I can get intermittent LTE if I am on the second floor, near a south facing window. :( However, I have frequent 800SMR, and signal strength and performance, overall, are much better than they used to be. I am anxiously awaiting installation of LTE on my local towers, as well as 800 on my closest tower. Where I do get LTE, primarily when I am driving in the Northwest and West Suburbs, performance is amazing (sometimes >30Mbps download). When I get 800, voice and text are excellent.

If you are in Middleton, you are in the Milwaukee market. Sadly, I live in one of the last holes in the Chicagoland NV implementation -- I can get intermittent LTE if I am on the second floor, near a south facing window. :( However, I have frequent 800SMR, and signal strength and performance, overall, are much better than they used to be. I am anxiously awaiting installation of LTE on my local towers, as well as 800 on my closest tower. Where I do get LTE, primarily when I am driving in the Northwest and West Suburbs, performance is amazing (sometimes >30Mbps download). When I get 800, voice and text are excellent.

With completed NV surrounding you (so close but yet so far away) you must be getting anxious......Atleast you enjoy better signal strength!! I long for both signal and faster data. I know it will come very soon for me!!!

I was wondering if anyone from Green Bay could testify to Sprint coverage by rating the call quality and data speed. I'll be moving to Green Bay in a month and just want to get an idea on how it will be like. I know this is for 4G LTE but I thought this would be the best spot to ask this question. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone from Green Bay could testify to Sprint coverage by rating the call quality and data speed. I'll be moving to Green Bay in a month and just want to get an idea on how it will be like. I know this is for 4G LTE but I thought this would be the best spot to ask this question. Thanks!

Sprint service in Green Bay in my experience has always been much better than my experience in Milwaukee (east side near UWM, data in Milwaukee is not fast at all, not sure what west bend is like). I grew up in Green Bay and still go back to my parents house from time to time. If you are near Lambeau on a game day or near Bay Park Square (the mall) on a busy Saturday, you will notice data speeds drop a lot but calls are still fine. Overall service is very good, I don't have exact data speeds but but I can stream YouTube and Netflix flawlessly over 3G (I honestly wish I still lived there instead of Milwaukee!!)

Thanks for the quick response Snowmobiler! I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I receive my HTC One and when I go to Green Bay next weekend. I'm also hoping data speeds are good enough for nearly seamless listening of Pandora on 43 haha. Thanks again Snowmobiler!

Thanks for the quick response Snowmobiler! I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I receive my HTC One and when I go to Green Bay next weekend. I'm also hoping data speeds are good enough for nearly seamless listening of Pandora on 43 haha. Thanks again Snowmobiler!

It should be very soon a see work starting here. They are working on the fiber around my area.

Of course. Pandora will not be a problem at all on 43 or the trip there from west bend. That is what I usually listen to while driving as well.

I listen to Pandora all the time around Point and Waisau, and had it going all over Green Bay the other day, clear up to Marinette. Worked fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I listen to Pandora all the time around Point and Waisau' date=' and had it going all over Green Bay the other day, clear up to Marinette. Worked fine.

[/quote']

It works good for me here in Wausau.

Thanks for the info guys. I just get the feeling Sprint works well in cities that don't have population sizes of over 100,000 or is that just me?

It doesn't really matter what size city it is. If its a cell site in any environment that is not a rural area /low usage area then it's going to be bogged down by smart phones. T1 backhaul is not the best thing ever for a lot of users using data hungry smartphones. The answer to that is upgraded backhaul running of Fiber or AAV that could be adjusted in the future and modern equipment to utilize said upgraded backhaul. This is what Sprint is doing and what will soon be in full swing as summer approaches.

It doesn't really matter what size city it is. If its a cell site in any environment that is not a rural area /low usage area then it's going to be bogged down by smart phones. T1 backhaul is not the best thing ever for a lot of users using data hungry smartphones. The answer to that is upgraded backhaul running of Fiber or AAV that could be adjusted in the future and modern equipment to utilize said upgraded backhaul. This is what Sprint is doing and what will soon be in full swing as summer approaches.

Right, the towers out of town work great.. Just the ones here in town that suffer the most.

LTE is hot in Stevens Point! Mapping Sensorly as we go. Don't worry' date=' wife is driving.

[/quote']

Are there any sprint lte in point? I didn't see any of those towers listed. Just a free down hwy 29 going towards green bay.

I don't think it's official, but they're definitely lighting up. I live in Point, and this is the tower by my house, and it was the first time I've seen it.

• Like 1

I don't think it's official' date=' but they're definitely lighting up. I live in Point, and this is the tower by my house, and it was the first time I've seen it.

[/quote']

That's very cool. Won't be long I hope for Wausau.

I can confirm that there are towers up and running 4g in Stevens Point, and I mapped it on Sensorly as well. I live on the west side by the Clark Street bridge, and the tower on Water Street is broadcasting LTE. I maxed out at 38mb/s down and 10.3mb/s up!! Now at work by the industrial part, and back on 3g, lol.. :(

• Like 1

I can confirm that there are towers up and running 4g in Stevens Point, and I mapped it on Sensorly as well. I live on the west side by the Clark Street bridge, and the tower on Water Street is broadcasting LTE. I maxed out at 38mb/s down and 10.3mb/s up!! Now at work by the industrial part, and back on 3g, lol.. :(

The Stevens Point site was accepted by Sprint from the OEM yesterday. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The Stevens Point site was accepted by Sprint from the OEM yesterday. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

AWESOME!!! So do you think all the towers will become 4g active now then? It is depressing to go from 4g to 3g and then back and forth..

And to think, little Stevens Point is on the map!!!!!! :lol: