Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Promised in a "Sprint" sense... LOL.    Just telling what I was told.   To be honest, nothing has shown up here yet... It's already June... so... so much for Sprint making good on "improvements/updates" by end of May.    Just 1X (3G) available here at work.      

Promised in a "Sprint" sense... LOL. Just telling what I was told. To be honest, nothing has shown up here yet... It's already June... so... so much for Sprint making good on "improvements/updates" by end of May. Just 1X (3G) available here at work.

ive had luck using twitter and my sprint reports.

Tweet ur issue to these....I eventually made local contacts:

‪.@marceloclaure .@MarciCarris ‬

I actually have lunch meeting with my Reginald president next week and two engineers paid by sprint for lunch in Columbus, Ohio. My four local 3G gmos were upgraded and accepted last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's excellent!!   Very cool!    Say a few good things for me up in the mitten state.   We need some improvements up here around Detroit area.   It's probably the same folks for Ohio and for Michigan "midwest" region?   Can you ask about 800 mHz deployment schedules when you meet?   IBEZ should be all done now.   

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Band 26 was spotted near Brooklyn, MI (sorry I don’t know how to upload a picture from my phone)

tap-a-talk app is the easiest method

• 4 weeks later...
Yes. And most people would say, "Oh my gosh, look at the damage to that van." And we would say, "They damaged a small cell!"

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Band 26/1X 800 from White Lake Twp, Hartland, and rural Fenton towers within the past week.

How is the throughput?  The 3x3 B26 on the West side of Michigan is so over congested that I had to disable it on my N6P.  My phone would park on it in downtown Lansing.

How is the throughput? The 3x3 B26 on the West side of Michigan is so over congested that I had to disable it on my N6P. My phone would park on it in downtown Lansing.

Isn't that outside the IBEZ? Why are they running 3x3? Also, B26 cannot do what it needs to do unless there is a good density of B41. Detroit B41 density is quite good. Not as good as it ideally needs to be, but it's one of the best metros of those that never had Clearwire service.

Isn't that outside the IBEZ? Why are they running 3x3? Also, B26 cannot do what it needs to do unless there is a good density of B41. Detroit B41 density is quite good. Not as good as it ideally needs to be, but it's one of the best metros of those that never had Clearwire service.

Most of the Lansing network is out of the IBEZ, but part is still in, so the whole area is 3x3.

Most of the Lansing network is out of the IBEZ, but part is still in, so the whole area is 3x3.

East Lansing is far enough away from the Canucks that it should be 5x5 over the whole metro, IMHO. Sprint should consider seeking variance from FCC.

This what I'm afraid they'll do in Seattle. All 3x3, and only south facing sectors. Fortunately, most of Western Washington has ubiquitous B41 now. Hopefully B26 will only be used in far from site and deep interior building conditions.

Being a late to B26 market can be somewhat of a blessing, because they spent more effort on B41 in most of those markets to help counteract no B26. That allows good B41 density to be present when B26 does start to going live and B26 can just be used as intended. Not as capacity relief for B25.

East Lansing is far enough away from the Canucks that it should be 5x5 over the whole metro, IMHO. Sprint should consider seeking variance from FCC.

This what I'm afraid they'll do in Seattle. All 3x3, and only south facing sectors. Fortunately, most of Western Washington has ubiquitous B41 now. Hopefully B26 will only be used in far from site and deep interior building conditions.

Being a late to B26 market can be somewhat of a blessing, because they spent more effort on B41 in most of those markets to help counteract no B26. That allows good B41 density to be present when B26 does start to going live and B26 can just be used as intended. Not as capacity relief for B25.

Our B41 is so overloaded in Lansing that its worthless during the day.  All SCP does is bounce from one carrier to another, then ends up on another tower, doing the same.  Then would park on B26 which was overloaded.  After I disabled B41 and B26, my phone is great in town with just B25.  I can't wait to get my Magic Box for home to see how that helps service in my neighborhood, I'm fringe edge between Lansing and Grand Rapids networks.

We have been told some of 3x3 is also a matter of not having the licence to do 5x5. One site has 3x3 and both 1x800 channels.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have been told some of 3x3 is also a matter of not having the licence to do 5x5. One site has 3x3 and both 1x800 channels.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but two CDMA carriers is not required, IMO.

• Like 1

Yeah, but two CDMA carriers is not required, IMO.

Correct, but best to use all the frequecy you have. In this case that would leave more b25 to refarm and better in building calling coverage.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

How is the throughput? The 3x3 B26 on the West side of Michigan is so over congested that I had to disable it on my N6P. My phone would park on it in downtown Lansing.

That's about a good as it got...

Screenshot_2017-07-25-17-55-12-1.png

I was traveling some tonight and I've been using SCP more lately to see how prevalent Band 26 is becoming in SE Mich.

There is a slight LTE dead spot on I-96 just west of M-59 in Howell. I don't have many details on the following screen shot other than I looked down briefly, noticed the SCP screen, said "what the hell?" and snapped a screen shot.

Who was I roaming on?

Screenshot_2017-07-26-20-25-32.png

I was traveling some tonight and I've been using SCP more lately to see how prevalent Band 26 is becoming in SE Mich.

There is a slight LTE dead spot on I-96 just west of M-59 in Howell. I don't have many details on the following screen shot other than I looked down briefly, noticed the SCP screen, said "what the hell?" and snapped a screen shot.

Who was I roaming on?

By the outlets? I've been there, ha! According to http://specmap.sequence-omega.net, the other Big 3 proviers all own 2145MHz spectrum in that area.

EDIT: According to Cellmapper, that's a Verizon site (eNB 37376, cell 12: link).

I've seen several different examples where the EARFCN updates quicker than the PLMN, which is why you're seeing Sprint and Band 4. Unfortunately the PLMN is coming from the OS, so there isn't anything I can do with SignalCheck to "fix" it. It's similar to the delay when it switches between Sprint and Clearwire sites. It's maddening to me, but the glitch is buried somewhere in the radio firmware. If you hang onto the signal for a couple of updates, the PLMN does eventually update.

-Mike

• Like 1

Yep, on the backside of the outlets. In the shadow of sparsely placed Sprint sites in Howell and quite a way out from the Fowlerville site. I dropped the Band 4 roaming as soon as I snapped that screen shot.

I did a little research after I posted earlier and found that Sprint has at least some minimal LTE roaming with AT&T (which I am not up to speed on at the least). Maybe that's who I was roaming on?

I did a little research after I posted earlier and found that Sprint has at least some minimal LTE roaming with AT&T (which I am not up to speed on at the least). Maybe that's who I was roaming on?

I posted an edit shortly after I made my original post.. check out the link I included. Looks like PCI 18 is a band 4 Verizon cell at the outlets.

-Mike

• Like 1