Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

In the places you frequent, how are indoor speeds?

Even if you're on b25 indoors, are you noticing speeds increasing due to b41 adoption?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to test Band 25 indoors.

Anyway with spark very close to launch in Detroit, you soon won't have to make excuses for sprint anymore [emoji12]

I'm not making excuses for Sprint, 3-5Mbps is solid enough to do tasks on a smartphone or use as a hotspot, etc.  Some people in rural United States would rejoice to get those speeds with a wireline connection.  Meanwhile some complain they are not getting epenis speeds...

• Like 5

I'm not making excuses for Sprint, 3-5Mbps is solid enough to do tasks on a smartphone or use as a hotspot, etc.  Some people in rural United States would rejoice to get those speeds with a wireline connection.  Meanwhile some complain they are not getting epenis speeds...

Where are you getting those speeds? Wherever I am I'm getting .5 at best.

I just got an M9 and around Livonia and downriver those are the speeds I'm getting.

Hmm. I would think you'd see at least ONE multi megabit speed test by now since many other people in this thread have reported them all over.

If you can $5, you can become a sponsor and have access to precise sprint tower locations to have a better chance of finding 2.5

According to premier sponsor schedule maps for Detroit -AA, sprint should be very close to their 6-month upgrade timeline for 2.5 ghz

Sprint store

Telegraph and 12 mile

Galaxy S5

B25

3c72099ce1e7b02da95a85402e839e1f.jpg

That's how Lansing was until B41 was launched. Made all the difference in the world

Sent from SPH-L720T running CM12

That's how Lansing was until B41 was launched. Made all the difference in the world

I know. Only reason I posted it is because we're really close according to b41 schedule and I thought things would be better by now.

You waste your time, energy and electrons replying to the resident T-Mob agitant. 

• Like 1

You waste your time, energy and electrons replying to the resident T-Mob agitant.

I think I adequately replied k?

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2262-Network-Vision-LTE---East-Michigan-Market-%28Detroit-Flint-Ann-Arbor-Tri-Cities%29/page__view__findpost__p__414698

I'm not sure how you guys deal with Sprint up there. Every time I've been to Michigan anywhere near Detroit, Canton, Oak Park, Romulus, etc... LTE doesn't work worth a damn. I have to switch to 3G to get working service. Ann Arbor is nice though, Cleveland is still a lot better in terms of LTE speed and usability. For all I know it might be an issue with my phone being provisioned in another market. Can I get any conformation?

I'm not sure how you guys deal with Sprint up there. Every time I've been to Michigan anywhere near Detroit, Canton, Oak Park, Romulus, etc... LTE doesn't work worth a damn. I have to switch to 3G to get working service. Ann Arbor is nice though, Cleveland is still a lot better in terms of LTE speed and usability. For all I know it might be an issue with my phone being provisioned in another market. Can I get any conformation?

PRL update always helps. It's what I had to do in Florida to get LTE reliability. But yes, LTE really isn't that reliable in the Detroit market, especially Detroit. At my house I'm on 3G most of the time. It was excellent in Florida.

PRL update always helps. It's what I had to do in Florida to get LTE reliability. But yes, LTE really isn't that reliable in the Detroit market, especially Detroit. At my house I'm on 3G most of the time. It was excellent in Florida.

Any improvement in "LTE reliability" that you see after a PRL update is likely by coincidence. It does not change your service or what market your device is provisioned for. You probably saw an improvement because your mobile connection was reset after the PRL update and it forced a rescan of some sort that put you on a better connection. You can simulate the exact same thing by turning on airplane mode, waiting a few seconds, and then turning it back off.

-Mike

Chances are that in Florida you had B26. With B26, you will have better propagation and in-building penetration as it is a lower frequency. No band 26 in east michigan in the near future i think.....

Yeah,  I did that to get better LTE service but it was still shoddy at most. I switched to 3G only and it worked perfectly. 

When I went back to Oak Park on Wednesday I ended up getting better speeds. Around 5mbit/s which is more than fine. I didn't have to switch back to 3G just to use data this time.