Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

If you zoom out (until you can see multiple states) that lte dot becomes much bigger ;-)

When will sprint finally admit that work is being done here? And when they do will sites start popping up much faster? So much for them being truthful about their rollout plans...

They won't say til probably a few more months or maybe even in the next update of city's being worked on, but this a good sign tho as they are behind schedule things will start progressing much faster now I'm hoping they start in Ann Arbor, Adrian, blissfield area or even further south I would love to get a taste of LTE before they start in my market
  • Like 1

When will sprint finally admit that work is being done here? And when they do will sites start popping up much faster? So much for them being truthful about their rollout plans...

I don't seem to recall Sprint ever making any promises to me, especially keeping me abreast of all roll-out details and schedules. I also don't feel as if Sprint owes me anything or make them out to be liars if they don't meet standards that only I myself hold.

• Like 1

I don't seem to recall Sprint ever making any promises to me, especially keeping me abreast of all roll-out details and schedules. I also don't feel as if Sprint owes me anything or make them out to be liars if they don't meet standards that only I myself hold.

always something with you

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm referring to the emails sprint has personally sent to me when I asked about their 4g rollout. In their own words, "Sprint is dedicated to keeping its customers fully informed in regards to network vision improvements and the 4g LTE rollout".

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer by mentioning the email in my previous post.

I'm referring to the emails sprint has personally sent to me when I asked about their 4g rollout. In their own words, "Sprint is dedicated to keeping its customers fully informed in regards to network vision improvements and the 4g LTE rollout".

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer by mentioning the email in my previous post.

So what you expecting a press release every time a tower comes online. It would be foolish of Sprint to update the customer base any sonner than such time as fair amount of customers are able to use the service. Last I checked Sprint has been updating the Nation once a market is about half completed. So I agree with the previous poster.

The LTEVO was a little fussy getting LTE signal lock but it did fairly well holding the signal once I acquired it. I spent about 1 1/2 hours driving around Howell checking the 3 towers in the area that are in progress for LTE upgrades (info based on sponsor level access - don't ask me for details if you don't have this access - I won't give it). I was kind of surprised how long I held LTE heading out on M-59. I certainly couldn't lock onto it that soon coming into the area.

Also, here are some screenshots I took: Speedtest.net app, Network Signal Info app, and info from LTE record off the phone.

• Like 3

The LTEVO was a little fussy getting LTE signal lock but it did fairly well holding the signal once I acquired it. I spent about 1 1/2 hours driving around Howell checking the 3 towers in the area that are in progress for LTE upgrades (info based on sponsor level access - don't ask me for details if you don't have this access - I won't give it). I was kind of surprised how long I held LTE heading out on M-59. I certainly couldn't lock onto it that soon coming into the area.

Also, here are some screenshots I took: Speedtest.net app, Network Signal Info app, and info from LTE record off the phone.

It's love seeing those kind of speeds! Blows out my cable Internet speed...!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quick question to those mapping the area: does the lte extend all the way to Brighton? From the look of the map on sensorly it seems that the person traveling SE on grand river avenue just seemed to turn it off. I have relatives in Brighton and 3G service there is pretty good (but 4g would be better). Haven't been out there recently so I'm hoping the next time I go I'll be able to use lte there.

I followed Grand River in each direction until LTE gave up on my phone. What you see is what you get for the moment. I attempted to go down Hughes Rd to connect to Golf Club Rd but I lost LTE signal lock just about as soon as I made the corner. Latson north of Golf Club and M-59 heading east towards Hartland was as I was leaving town. I drove around Home Depot, Lowe's, Staples and Meijer for fun. I wanted to follow the loop from Latson south of Grand River to Grand Oaks but road construction prevented that. I hit each leg of that loop the best I could since the tower is on Grand Oaks.

Edit:

From the look of the map on sensorly it seems that the person traveling SE on grand river avenue just seemed to turn it off.

Looking closer at the map, I lost LTE signal lock around St Joseph Mercy of Brighton as I headed SE on Grand River toward Brighton. I actually continued further and turned around at Champion Buick all the time trying to reconnect to LTE.

As far as the other direction, I lost signal lock near the school campuses. I turned around there and didn't push it because I already had spent a lot of time up by the high school trying to connect to that tower to no avail.

• Like 1

I followed Grand River in each direction until LTE gave up on my phone. What you see is what you get for the moment. I attempted to go down Hughes Rd to connect to Golf Club Rd but I lost LTE signal lock just about as soon as I made the corner. Latson north of Golf Club and M-59 heading east towards Hartland was as I was leaving town. I drove around Home Depot, Lowe's, Staples and Meijer for fun. I wanted to follow the loop from Latson south of Grand River to Grand Oaks but road construction prevented that. I hit each leg of that loop the best I could since the tower is on Grand Oaks.

Thanks. I hope the surrounding area will pop up quickly.

While I'm at it, thanks to everyone mapping this information on sensorly and for the inside sources at sprint who give us this data! I know I really appreciate it and I'm sure there are many others like me who feel the same. Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

Thanks. I hope the surrounding area will pop up quickly.

While I'm at it, thanks to everyone mapping this information on sensorly and for the inside sources at sprint who give us this data! I know I really appreciate it and I'm sure there are many others like me who feel the same. Keep up the great work!

+1000000

I got excited hearing all of this LTE talk, so after work yesterday I detoured to Howell. I parked at the Livingston Commons strip mall and started seeing if my iPhone 5 would connect via LTE. I cycled airplane mode a few times (and even restarted a few times) but I kept experiencing the same behavior...

1) Phone would show 'Searching'

2) Phone would associate to tower and show the 'O' icon for 1xRTT

3) 'O' icon would stay for a few minutes, during which time it didn't seem like I had any connectivity whatsoever, and would then switch to 3G

Granted I know the iPhone's diagnostic screens are pitiful and I don't know from which tower I was receiving my EV-DO signal, but the speed tests I was running seemed like backhaul hadn't been touched yet.. Have a look at the screencaps.

I've never connected to an LTE site before so I can't rule out that it may have been a phone issue? While I was there I did do a service update as well with ##UPDATE# but it didn't make any difference.

b35f2f8d8a020fe03a05f79b85c4bce7636b3bed.jpgf807acbcdb0a103dc8535a8b65bcb26869cfc504.jpg54063202811ef4bc799a18d2f47f4e775b567ec8.jpg

It probably was not on when you were in the area. When they aren't working on the site it is likely turned off. You would need to be there during the day when the contractors are working to see the signal most likely. That's what has been happening in other markets.

It probably was not on when you were in the area. When they aren't working on the site it is likely turned off. You would need to be there during the day when the contractors are working to see the signal most likely. That's what has been happening in other markets.

I wouldn't say it's turned off, most likely blocked. In my area before they unblocked LTE, the data connection would hang when it attempted to connect to LTE but found it was blocked, then would fall back to 3G.

I wouldn't say it's turned off, most likely blocked. In my area before they unblocked LTE, the data connection would hang when it attempted to connect to LTE but found it was blocked, then would fall back to 3G.

You can't connect to it, so you call it blocked, I'll call it off, it's still not able to be used so for all intents and purposes, it's off.

You can't connect to it, so you call it blocked, I'll call it off, it's still not able to be used so for all intents and purposes, it's off.

It is blocked. You can call it whatever you want outside this website, but if it is going to be discussed on s4gru, you should use the proper terminology.

• Like 2

I wonder where they are going next after Howell?

They are all over the place now. It is not limited to Howell. Just the very first site to be ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are all over the place now. It is not limited to Howell. Just the very first site to be ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Can't wait to see more In Progress pins in the Mitten :)

• Like 1