Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Yup. The cursor on the map screen shot is right on my home in El Valle de Arroyo Seco, New Mexico. I'm not sure what to think of it at the moment. Maybe the ABQ market is moving up to be an early 3rd Rounder? It may mean nothing at all. I'm not certain at this point.

Robert

I want to like more than once. I don't care when it happens. Great speeds!

• Like 2

Here is my trace route

uploadfromtaptalk1349497888003.jpg

Robert via ICS Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

compare to standard evdoA - it seems like the new network is much more efficient, there should be fewer hops.

On a personal note, I am sad that s4gru.com is not hosted with a company that has a direct connection to sprintlink - that would be awesome!!!! Like rackspace (or a bunch of others)

• Like 1

I just use the terminal emu and type traceroute then the address.

But I do admit' date=' I use the terminal emu quite a bit for things and servers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

[/quote']

I installed the 12124 PRL tonight and was surprised to see that I stay connected to eHRPD. I assumed eHRPD would go away like LTE.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I can also confirm that ehrpd worked on non-lte prls. When I was in Beaumont I had no issues on ehrpd, but then I got to Houston and quickly figured out the 12xxx PRL wouldn't connect to LTE.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

uploadfromtaptalk1349484593861.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484610334.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484625752.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484641147.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484674504.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1349484689355.jpg

Still on eHRPD even at home in Northern Santa Fe County. All the sites in the Espanola area are on eHRPD too. Seems to be market wide. Here are screen shots from my EVO LTE and LG Viper. Both of them were connected to EVDO-A initially. I had to cycle through airplane mode and then they connected to eHRPD.

Robert on Samsung Galaxy S-III via Tapatalk

Robert, how did you get a numeric value in your battery on the status bar of the Viper?

I installed the 12124 PRL tonight and was surprised to see that I stay connected to eHRPD. I assumed eHRPD would go away like LTE.

I can also confirm that ehrpd worked on non-lte prls.

Since the difference between eHRPD and EV-DO is the connection on the backend, I am not surprised that the PRL would have no effect. As long as the device indicates that it is eHRPD capable, the network does the rest.

AJ

• Like 2

Robert, how did you get a numeric value in your battery on the status bar of the Viper?

It came that way. I have never changed it.

Robert

• Like 1

there are many apps that will show you your battery level if thats what you want

I have Gauge Battery Widget, but I liked the idea of numbers in the battery itself, lol. Looks less cluttered.

eHRPD is gone this morning in ABQ market. Back to EVDO-A. Sounds like this occurred in a lot of markets this morning.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

eHRPD is gone this morning in ABQ market. Back to EVDO-A. Sounds like this occurred in a lot of markets this morning.

eHRPD is a cruel mistress.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I am back up in Los Alamos and eHRPD is working. Don't know if it's just on in Los Alamos, and not down in Espanola/Pojoaque, or if it is just a coincidence in timing.

Robert