Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Well they have B41 active in Alamogordo. Cant connect at my house though.( had no problems with WiMAX). Kind of disappointed. Was hoping this would unburdened B25. My speed are barely reaching 3mb down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well they have B41 active in Alamogordo. Cant connect at my house though.( had no problems with WiMAX). Kind of disappointed. Was hoping this would unburdened B25. My speed are barely reaching 3mb down.

If you had no problem with wimax, then I'm surprised your not getting B41 for LTE, as a remaining Clearwire Site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you had no problem with wimax, then I'm surprised your not getting B41 for LTE, as a remaining Clearwire Site.

I guess I should say my phone will not stay on B41. It does occasionally connect but not for long. I was hoping the B25 speeds would get much better. But so far not to much. We had B26 for a short while, but haven’t seen it in a long time. Not even at the Holloman tower that had it two years ago.

• Like 1

I guess I should say my phone will not stay on B41. It does occasionally connect but not for long. I was hoping the B25 speeds would get much better. But so far not to much. We had B26 for a short while, but haven’t seen it in a long time. Not even at the Holloman tower that had it two years ago.

If it is a tower that has been recently upgraded give it some time . Some are being tested in low power mode some arent close to being fully optimized

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So visiting Las Cruces this weekend, drove though El Paso and I-10 seems to be fixed between just east of downtown El Paso all the way to Las Cruces.  Las Cruces itself seems to be covered with 8t8r's as I am seeing 3 carriers in the south, central and northern parts of the city.  Just the addition of B41 unloaded a lot of B25 for those less lucky areas.  Haven't seen MM and it's curious that El Paso has those while Las Cruces gets the better equipment.

10 hours ago, rackhivee said:

So visiting Las Cruces this weekend, drove though El Paso and I-10 seems to be fixed between just east of downtown El Paso all the way to Las Cruces.  Las Cruces itself seems to be covered with 8t8r's as I am seeing 3 carriers in the south, central and northern parts of the city.  Just the addition of B41 unloaded a lot of B25 for those less lucky areas.  Haven't seen MM and it's curious that El Paso has those while Las Cruces gets the better equipment.

That is bc El Paso got the MM at least two years ago. Las Cruces didn’t have B41 when I was there last summer. So in less than a year. 

El paso started with mm at the begining of the rollout .. now as of recent they have gone back to those site a have added full 8t8r equipment.. also the last full nokia site is getting a rip and replace to Ericsson equipment.. also, all sites now are getting b26 should be turned on any month now .. Sprint is picking random tower to upgrade.. all the sites that have been touched.. Sprint still hasn't upgrade the mall tower still b25 only and a few other higher traffic areas still b25 only for now

Also, I know Albuquerque has had b26 for a long time now.. Every new site upgraded here in El Paso has come with band 26 install.. I'm hearing the process of getting it cleared is almost done .. wonder if it will be 3x3 or 5x5

Tell those crews to come to Albuquerque for a bit and finish the rest of the towers.
Ya it's crazy .. they started that work last year on a few sites bringing Mini macros .. then earlier in the year. They started pushing 8t8r sites and now upgrades are going up daily sometimes even 2 sites at the same time .. at this pace sprint could be done with El paso eoy

This is where El paso stands currently:

Total macro site count: 60

Total small cell count: 26

Total upgrades complete (b41/b26): 25 out of 60 upgrades are complete. All upgrades are 8t8r equipment.

I'm still checking the ones across fort bliss to see if those have been upgraded.

Small cell count:

14 small cells: band 25 only

12 small cells: band 41

Total 26

Spoke with staff at the hospital Sprint DAS hasn't been upgraded... So must still be 3G/b25 only

Band 26 site equipment and RRUS are ready just waiting to be cleared and turned on.. most band 41 sites are live and in the middle of being optimized

Will be updating this through out the day trying to make this as accurate as possible.. as I don't have any offical tower maps

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

These are some of the small cells.. i just wish they were band 41/b25

UPDATE: 2 NEW BAND 41 UPGRADES SPOTTED TODAY

Hey friend, I found a few band 25 small cells in my area that have been up for a couple years now via Crown Castle. None have been retrofitted and band 41 is on about 20 macros in our whole market of about 140 sites so just looking for info. 

Are you saying some have been retrofitted, were they separate projects and are band 25 only being added still? Thanks for any input. Great finds, keep it up!

7 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:
These are some of the small cells.. i just wish they were band 41/b25

UPDATE: 2 NEW BAND 41 UPGRADES SPOTTED TODAY

Hmm, I don't see the usual relay antenna, nor do I see an enclosure that they hide them in in some cities. Do you know if that cabinet next to it associated with the small cell?

I ask because if there's no relay, then these might be one of the more rare non-relay small cells. Do you see one or two carriers coming from it? Or is it not live yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hmm, I don't see the usual relay antenna, nor do I see an enclosure that they hide them in in some cities. Do you know if that cabinet next to it associated with the small cell?

I ask because if there's no relay, then these might be one of the more rare non-relay small cells. Do you see one or two carriers coming from it? Or is it not live yet?

These have been live since 2015 I believe ... And yes the cabinet is associated with small cell .. and these were more cost effective at the time for Sprint to add coverage and fill holes

These have been live since 2015 I believe ... And yes the cabinet is associated with small cell .. and these were more cost effective at the time for Sprint to add coverage and fill holes

Ahh. So they're just b25? The antenna at the top looks like the usual B41 small cell antenna, just slightly shorter (though it was distortion in the pics), so I had assumed that's what it was.

12 hours ago, ingenium said:

Ahh. So they're just b25? The antenna at the top looks like the usual B41 small cell antenna, just slightly shorter (though it was distortion in the pics), so I had assumed that's what it was.

Those are B25 outdoor DAS/small cell networks that were put up in several cities a few years ago. 

• Like 3

I wish Sprint could convert these to band 41

I mean they CAN... Add B41 radios at the ODAS head end and swap the antennas for B41 capable ones. Plus some other things. Not sure if the existing wiring can be used as is, but I'm going to guess it probably can be.

I mean they CAN... Add B41 radios at the ODAS head end and swap the antennas for B41 capable ones. Plus some other things. Not sure if the existing wiring can be used as is, but I'm going to guess it probably can be.

Correct , but from what I heard it be too much of a Hassel

Those are B25 outdoor DAS/small cell networks that were put up in several cities a few years ago. 
Since small cells are LTE only can they do higher bandwidth on B25?

I don't know about that network, but the ones I have seen have only had one carrier at 5x5. 
Dam not even CA. Stinks. 5x5 is to slow

Since small cells are LTE only can they do higher bandwidth on B25?

Not if the macro is still using that spectrum for CDMA. It would interfere.

• Like 1