Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

cacacd89b6e584ef6df87af050ac0d52.jpg

So these secondary antennas were added about six months ago. Not sure what they are suppose to do. We have not had B26 for over a year now. We have gotten 2nd carrier on B25. Still no B41. Speeds have been way down for the last couple of weeks. Several tickets submitted but no improvement.
37fb6f35227c5b5321c6f0d413b0a8ae.jpg

I think they have stalled in the smaller areas.

Looking forward to trying T-Mobile is the merger goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, RSC405 said:

cacacd89b6e584ef6df87af050ac0d52.jpg

So these secondary antennas were added about six months ago. Not sure what they are suppose to do. We have not had B26 for over a year now. We have gotten 2nd carrier on B25. Still no B41. Speeds have been way down for the last couple of weeks. Several tickets submitted but no improvement.
37fb6f35227c5b5321c6f0d413b0a8ae.jpg

Those antennas are B26/B41 antennas. In combination with the old NV antennas, they should be able to provide 4x4 L800, 4x4 L1900 and 8x8 L2500...it’s very strange you’re not picking up anything but L1900...

Those antennas are B26/B41 antennas. In combination with the old NV antennas, they should be able to provide 4x4 L800, 4x4 L1900 and 8x8 L2500...it’s very strange you’re not picking up anything but L1900...
That's a small concern of mine .. I was hoping Tim would have info.. these sites that are getting new equipment.. sprint is moving at a pace unknown to me ..I'm sure in other cities it's been seen before .. but these sites take anywhere from 3-6 months to to be turn on from what I heard

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will check the Tower outside of Holloman AFB and the WiMAX location to see if anything has changed there. Holloman Tower was alway upgraded first. And it had B26 in the past. Nothing the last couple of times I went to Las Cruces though.

19 hours ago, RSC405 said:

I would not be concerned about plans being slowed or scrapped at this point. There are no indications of that. However, it does sound like there might be an issue of some sort with this site in particular. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Wow Sprint is really moving in this market.

They’re really moving everywhere. Lots of upgrades are happening all over and we’re seeing a lot of new small cells and macros entering permitting now too!

3 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Found another upgrade .. sprint on the top rack

2 hours ago, derrph said:

Wow Sprint is really moving in this market.

53 minutes ago, jroepcke51 said:

They are moving quickly in El Paso. Not so much in Albuquerque.

I would imagine the main reason behind the push in El Paso is to get sites ready for 800 when it is ready for use later this year.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

More upgrades for sprint happening not slowing down at all 

More dual-band 800+2500 antennas with Ericsson 8T8R RRUs, plus they're installing two Ericsson 800 RRUs so that 4x4 (or maybe 2x4?) Band 26 will be available when the spectrum is cleared. 

• Like 1

More dual-band 800+2500 antennas with Ericsson 8T8R RRUs, plus they're installing two Ericsson 800 RRUs so that 4x4 (or maybe 2x4?) Band 26 will be available when the spectrum is cleared. 

Looks like that's the set up they will use going forward.. any idea on how long these take to go live on the network.. im sure a backhaul boost in needed as well

Just now, tyroned3222 said:

Looks like that the set up they will use going forward.. any idea on how long these take to go live on the network

That's a difficult question to answer. Some sites are live within a week, some take several months. They may be waiting until they have completed all the work they've been permitted for until the integration crews start work. The B41 could go live at any time. Of course the B26 side will have to wait until spectrum is clear, and that likely won't be until fall at the earliest. 

• Like 1

That's a difficult question to answer. Some sites are live within a week, some take several months. They may be waiting until they have completed all the work they've been permitted for until the integration crews start work. The B41 could go live at any time. Of course the B26 side will have to wait until spectrum is clear, and that likely won't be until fall at the earliest. 
Sites have already started going live as of this morning97c871362ee18cc470d7f6e7f3988868.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:
Sites have already started going live as of this morning

Nice. 3xca that it's pretty good capacity. I can't wait until they start deploying the 4th carrier

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:
Another upgrade spotted.. sprint is moving very quickly
Also spotted a new tower live with band 41 3xca speeds aren't too impressive probably still being optimized

Wonder if the new tower has CDMA on it?

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Also spotted a new tower live with band 41 3xca speeds aren't too impressive probably still being optimized

Or they are waiting for increased backhaul. 

• Like 1

He means new B41 live. Not a physically new tower.

Oh he said new tower. That is what confused me. Lol

4 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Or they are waiting for increased backhaul. 

So far, Ericsson 8T8R sites do not appear to support carrier aggregation. I have several in my market that I have found. For the moment, they are a step down from the Clearwire sites they replaced. 3 carriers are being broadcast, but aggregation does not seem to be happening.