Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Thanks for the explanation. I will check the site on Friday ... About the install.. how long do these usually take 3-5 days ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Most upgrades in the Seattle market are completely finished in a day. That being said, I have seen work in a tower drag on. for a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Most upgrades in the Seattle market are completely finished in a day. That being said, I have seen work in a tower drag on. for a few weeks. 
I've seen that too , but with Sprint haven't seen how long it took here .. specially with it begin windy a lot lately..I'm sure that pushes stuff back. Those guys were on the tower all day yesterday.. so I'm expecting the added support to be done .. and if panels adds are the plan I would say today or tomorrow to add seem reasonable

6 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

I've seen that too , but with Sprint haven't seen how long it took here .. specially with it begin windy a lot lately..I'm sure that pushes stuff back. Those guys were on the tower all day yesterday.. so I'm expecting the added support to be done .. and if panels adds are the plan I would say today or tomorrow to add seem reasonable

Depends on if the crew doing the structural enhancements is the same crew that will do the antenna upgrades. They're often different crews.

• Like 1

Depends on if the crew doing the structural enhancements is the same crew that will do the antenna upgrades. They're often different crews.
Yup , I'll take pics on Friday ... Buddy text me saying they were pulling panels up to the site

Yup , I'll take pics on Friday ... Buddy text me saying they were pulling panels up to the site

Quick update from the site .. will get a much clearer picture tomorrow .. I hope you guys can make out what sprint is adding

3abc8d8268617bc630f72a9d96428e74.jpg

17 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Quick update from the site .. will get a much clearer picture tomorrow .. I hope you guys can make out what sprint is adding

Zis -->> http://s4gru.com/entry/428-discovery-time-next-gen-dual-band-10-port-800-25-configurations/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Ya they are extremely close . And this does future proof the site .. so, my guess all it would take is a software update to turn on b26

What do you mean by future proof? This is just getting you up to speed with the rest of the country at this point. Any 5G upgrades, or additional capacity adds will still need more equipment down the line.

So long as they actually install the B26 RRUs and other related equipment, it should be a relatively quick process once they are cleared to use the spectrum. It may require a site visit to turn on, or it could be pushed via software, I'm not sure. But either way, if everything is installed now, it'll be a quick process.

What do you mean by future proof? This is just getting you up to speed with the rest of the country at this point. Any 5G upgrades, or additional capacity adds will still need more equipment down the line.

So long as they actually install the B26 RRUs and other related equipment, it should be a relatively quick process once they are cleared to use the spectrum. It may require a site visit to turn on, or it could be pushed via software, I'm not sure. But either way, if everything is installed now, it'll be a quick process.

Well, I would hope sprint would add the rrus since they are already working on the site ..

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Ya they are extremely close . And this does future proof the site .. so, my guess all it would take is a software update to turn on b26

At least the panel is 8T8R. 

• Like 1

At least the panel is 8T8R. 
Ya, its refreshing to see for a change ...now just waiting to see how many of the 21 permits approved can they finish this year.. that would put them at 28 completed out of 86 .. long way to go

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

If the site has B26 RRUs and a capable antenna, no site visit should be necessary to turn it on. Unless they’ve done something really dumb. 

12 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

If the site has B26 RRUs and a capable antenna, no site visit should be necessary to turn it on. Unless they’ve done something really dumb. 

When they did B26 the first time around, they installed the RRUs with the antennas, but it was some time between the original installs and when they brought B26 online. When they did, some required a site visit to install a carrier card. I would think they would install all of that now, but you never know.

When they did B26 the first time around, they installed the RRUs with the antennas, but it was some time between the original installs and when they brought B26 online. When they did, some required a site visit to install a carrier card. I would think they would install all of that now, but you never know.
This is an update as of this morning they are already at the site now .... I tried to get them as clear as possible.. maybe later my buddy will come with the DSLR and take come pics 6e8e552c3e2a90058b03652073019847.jpg8c450c631953f5bf7266ae931d0b9f82.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

This is an update as of this morning they are already at the site now .... I tried to get them as clear as possible.. maybe later my buddy will come with the DSLR and take come pics 6e8e552c3e2a90058b03652073019847.jpg8c450c631953f5bf7266ae931d0b9f82.jpg

Decaport 2.5 RRUS82 + 800 RRUS11

3 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Decaport 2.5 RRUS82 + 800 RRUS11

Slightly off topic, but is Ericsson completely taking over the B41 rollout in their territory now? I haven't seen a new Nokia RRU in quite some time, all of the new B41 sites have been Ericsson (and they still all lack carrier aggregation). 

8 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Slightly off topic, but is Ericsson completely taking over the B41 rollout in their territory now? I haven't seen a new Nokia RRU in quite some time, all of the new B41 sites have been Ericsson (and they still all lack carrier aggregation). 

Si for 2.5 8T8R and MMRs.

3 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Also,all of the sites that got Mimi macro upgrades last year ... Are all permitted for upgrades again ... Just thought that was interesting

If they're getting ready to start rolling out B26 they probably need to go install RRU's since they probably hadn't bothered, being in the IBEZ and what not.

3 minutes ago, rackhivee said:

If they're getting ready to start rolling out B26 they probably need to go install RRU's since they probably hadn't bothered, being in the IBEZ and what not.

That and/or they're adding another dual/tri-band antenna to allow for 4x4 B25 and B26. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Another site spotted with upgrades.. and another one prepping for upgrades.. man sprint is moving now all of a sudden

Told you Q2 would be good! :)

• Like 2