Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I work downtown and this morning speeds were flying. Ran a test and got 70mbs down. It makes me believe that CA is enabled now.

Also, I was in uptown and was not connected to band 41 but the second carrier band 25 and I hit 50mbs. I believe they have enabled CA for any location that is possible.

Nice feedback.. the second carrier is now also live in El Paso, TX .. I hope more band 41 go up soon .. sites have been approved for a while now , but no work happening .. I hope they make these market a 6 months project and get it over with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so excited to see those iDEN conversion future sites all over the state. Finally Sprint is stating to expand a little!

This is a little confusing. Are you talking about Texas or New Mexico?

it probably New Mexico .. it gets a bit confusion when a Texas market is in the mix ..idk why El Paso is part of the New Mexico market

I was referring to NM, since the ABQ market covers the entire state of NM but only the city of El Paso. But Texas also has a lot of conversions too so I guess it's for them as well!

it probably New Mexico .. it gets a bit confusion when a Texas market is in the mix ..idk why El Paso is part of the New Mexico market

Part of me feels like El Paso should have been its own market. With all the issues there are in the Sun City, you'd figure more attention should be given to the area. Especially when you consider El Paso is almost as big as Albuquerque and is also a very important trade port.
  • Like 2

Part of me feels like El Paso should have been its own market. With all the issues there are in the Sun City, you'd figure more attention should be given to the area. Especially when you consider El Paso is almost as big as Albuquerque and is also a very important trade port.

Yup, El Paso is bigger then Albuquerque... El Paso is the 19th largest city in the us population wise .. I don't think sprint will get the network up to par anytime soon here ( just to far behind).....

• Like 1

I was referring to NM, since the ABQ market covers the entire state of NM but only the city of El Paso. But Texas also has a lot of conversions too so I guess it's for them as well!

I guess this is the case for the "Albuquerque" market only, because in East Texas all the Nextel towers are still vacant. There is one tower near me in which T-Mobile recently took over, but that's it. Some of them do have Clearwire panels that were colocated, but they haven't been touched since they fired up LTE. They usually perform very poorly and are almost a non factor in user experience.

Yup, El Paso is bigger then Albuquerque... El Paso is the 19th largest city in the us population wise .. I don't think sprint will get the network up to par anytime soon here ( just to far behind).....

Totally. Metropolitan area wise, El Paso is still a hair below Albuquerque though. Honestly I'm just glad to see some movement in the entire market even if it's slow. Hopefully more monies, and pressure can be put in this market to keep pushing it!

• Like 1

I guess this is the case for the "Albuquerque" market only, because in East Texas all the Nextel towers are still vacant. There is one tower near me in which T-Mobile recently took over, but that's it. Some of them do have Clearwire panels that were colocated, but they haven't been touched since they fired up LTE. They usually perform very poorly and are almost a non factor in user experience.

I don't think there has been any​ evidence of actual movement on new towers. It's excitement over the addition of the potential sites on the NV map.

Sent from my LG G5

I don't think there has been any​ evidence of actual movement on new towers. It's excitement over the addition of the potential sites on the NV map.

Sent from my LG G5

Several locations in the east Mnts of ABQ have recently gone live with LTE, as well as some B41 being seen. Even some movement on existing towers is hope!

Several locations in the east Mnts of ABQ have recently gone live with LTE, as well as some B41 being seen. Even some movement on existing towers is hope!

Sorry, didn't mean to discount those updates, was speaking solely about entirely new towers. I agree that it was refreshing to finally see some movement on LTE and B41 on sites around your marker.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 2

Update in downtown ABQ, pretty packed for a typical Friday night, a few concerts going on, but now that Sprint has B41, it is running spectacularly well. Typically at this time I would be running at about 1-3mbps outside and nothing inside, now a consistent 45 outside, and b26/25 indoors is running around 15-20mbps. Pings around 50 which is little better than my average around the city. Any gathering typically destroys the network here at least the places I go. Perfect time to bring my personal line back to Sprint! Hopefully they can keep it up.

• Like 3

Also, here's a quick speed test while I stopped to pick my dinner up @ Uptown20e0073c6a6d109228f47f2e3a68d8bb.jpg

Wow! And I thought this day would never come!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Wow! And I thought this day would never come!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Last week I got 50 MBA down with double the upload you have. I think they activated CA for B25 and 41. Awesome.

Didn't see this EARFCN on the tracking page (39874). Here is what I got on the interstate (I-40/Wyoming). I think it might be coming from EP03AL639 instead of the uptown site, I am going to double check in a few hours. Note 2xCA on the two sites I know of now. 0645d1ad76850f0debc7445b5e5bed7f.jpg

Didn't see this EARFCN on the tracking page (39874). Here is what I got on the interstate (I-40/Wyoming). I think it might be coming from EP03AL639 instead of the uptown site, I am going to double check in a few hours. Note 2xCA on the two sites I know of now.

Yes getting that earfcn downtown as well. No CA downtown though. Speeds are great on all bands though now. Band 26 is useable.

• Like 1

Sites so far I've seen B41 at:

Central/Elizabeth (w/CA)

Wyoming, south of Zuni

Lomas/Pennsylvania

San Pedro/Candelaria

Uptown site (w/ CA)

Center Downtown site

I also heard that it's available around the Sunport?

This order is very similar to the original LTE rollout. Order or not, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING IN ABQ

Edit: also, second carrier b25 is pretty much all around the city.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, I'll move any specific talk to the other ABQ page

• Like 1

I have a question, I recently did a speed test at my work and got 61Mbps down, on B25. Can a speed test have an error, or is something else going on?

2nd carrier band 25