Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Sweet! They are moving for sure!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think its fantastic and even better that they are lighting up two carriers. Don't even care about CA. Speeds on both B25 carriers around have picked up significantly. Band 26 is even usable downtown.

I think its fantastic and even better that they are lighting up two carriers. Don't even care about CA. Speeds on both B25 carriers around have picked up significantly. Band 26 is even usable downtown.

They might be trying to catch up and kill two birds with one stone instead of having to come out to the site multiple times this year.

They might be trying to catch up and kill two birds with one stone instead of having to come out to the site multiple times this year.

This is a set back for El Paso .. being that b26 still can't be rolled out . Sprint would have to come back to the sites multiple times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a set back for El Paso .. being that b26 still can't be rolled out . Sprint would have to come back to the sites multiple times

I bet part of the reason is your so close to the Mexico border, but I thought that was resolved?

Late 2019-Early 2020 is the expected time frame for spectrum refarming in Mexico to be completed. The way At&t has been moving with upgrades in Mexico, it could be a lot sooner than that

After Mexico is done refarming, it is up to Sprint to see how fast they move to install B26 on their sites.

Late 2019-Early 2020 is the expected time frame for spectrum refarming in Mexico to be completed. The way At&t has been moving with upgrades in Mexico, it could be a lot sooner than that

After Mexico is done refarming, it is up to Sprint to see how fast they move to install B26 on their sites.

Sprint will probably move faster for you than they have for us. Up in Seattle, Canada has been clear for a few months now and we still haven't had a single 800 install. You guys already have 800 capable equipment though, so I suspect 800 would be turned on pretty soon...

• Like 1

Sprint will probably move faster for you than they have for us. Up in Seattle, Canada has been clear for a few months now and we still haven't had a single 800 install. You guys already have 800 capable equipment though, so I suspect 800 would be turned on pretty soon...

That's crazy ! Why is sprint waiting so long. How bad is the tower spacing issue in Seattle

That's crazy ! Why is sprint waiting so long. How bad is the tower spacing issue in Seattle

Not too bad. We've got 10x10 (soon to be 10x10 + 5x5) B25 on nearly every Sprint site and 8T8Rs on about half of them. Clear had a very dense network here too so that helps a lot.

More recently, Sprint has started to add NV panels to Clear sites in good locations and this has greatly improved service in some areas.

• Like 1

Are their still 3G only sites in Albuquerque

There are still several 3g only sites. There's one specifically that I can't understand how it's still 3g.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

There are still several 3g only sites. There's one specifically that I can't understand how it's still 3g.

Since sprint is supposedly starting volte trails .. they have made claims that all towers will be LTE by the end of July

Since sprint is supposedly starting volte trails .. they have made claims that all towers will be LTE by the end of July

Two 3G only sites have go to GMO LTE sites with old equipment. Far northeast heights. One is at County Line BBQ/Skating Rink and the other is along Paseo.

Two 3G only sites have go to GMO LTE sites with old equipment. Far northeast heights. One is at County Line BBQ/Skating Rink and the other is along Paseo.

Let's see if sprint is going to support their claim

• Like 1

In what they are doing here in Albuquerque, I can see it happening.

Sprint is starting to fire up LTE on GMO's in New Mexico. A friend of mine in Espanola said they just fired up LTE there earlier this week. It's happening.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 5

Good good! I'm talking to Jerry who is the President for the West to see about what's the plan for Coors and Montano site that's still hasn't been touched with love.

Have you heard anything regarding this site?

Have you heard anything regarding this site?

I have, the last thing he mentioned was there was a lot of moving parts to get this tower updated and he's trying to get information from the network team as to what's going on.

I have, the last thing he mentioned was there was a lot of moving parts to get this tower updated and he's trying to get information from the network team as to what's going on.

Did you ask him about Las Cruces? Sure would like to know what they are planning there.

Did you ask him about Las Cruces? Sure would like to know what they are planning there.

I haven't had a chance and I'm currently on vacation.

c772fe99f79d8438084aac62458f41bd.jpg

I got this driving into Las Cruces today. Came in on 70 from Alamogordo. Did not have a chance to see what I was on. Will check later on this week.

• Like 2

c772fe99f79d8438084aac62458f41bd.jpg

I got this driving into Las Cruces today. Came in on 70 from Alamogordo. Did not have a chance to see what I was on. Will check later on this week.

Could be a second carrier on band 25 .. which the i phone probably won't display

I work downtown and this morning speeds were flying. Ran a test and got 70mbs down. It makes me believe that CA is enabled now.

Also, I was in uptown and was not connected to band 41 but the second carrier band 25 and I hit 50mbs. I believe they have enabled CA for any location that is possible.

• Like 5