Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

BC 10 if you're going abbreviate.

"Band" is generally LTE. "Band Class" is CDMA.

to make it simple, Sprint could and should cover the countries rural roads with 800 Mhz CDMA and B26 to provide full coverage. This might also reduce the roaming costs paid to other carriers.

What would be the max. capacity such setup would be able to handle in terms of bandwith and call / text volume?

to make it simple, Sprint could and should cover the countries rural roads with 800 Mhz CDMA and B26 to provide full coverage. This might also reduce the roaming costs paid to other carriers.

What would be the max. capacity such setup would be able to handle in terms of bandwith and call / text volume?

I mean if you're putting up the panels you may as well also do 1x1900, EVDO, and B25. The only added cost are the 3 RRUs, which I would imagine aren't that expensive comparatively. The real issue is getting on those sites in the first place.

B26, we know the capacity of, ~36 Mbit down per sector. For calls, I'm not sure how many 1x can handle per carrier. I know 1xAdvanced can be tuned for either capacity (4x a normal 1x carrier) or coverage with the same capacity as regular 1x. I'm not sure if that's an either or config or if you can set it somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I mean if you're putting up the panels you may as well also do 1x1900, EVDO, and B25. The only added cost are the 3 RRUs, which I would imagine aren't that expensive comparatively. The real issue is getting on those sites in the first place.

B26, we know the capacity of, ~36 Mbit down per sector. For calls, I'm not sure how many 1x can handle per carrier. I know 1xAdvanced can be tuned for either capacity (4x a normal 1x carrier) or coverage with the same capacity as regular 1x. I'm not sure if that's an either or config or if you can set it somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Why is Sprint waiting to finally convert all the old Nextel sites to full NV?

Why is Sprint waiting to finally convert all the old Nextel sites to full NV?

I'm not really aware of any Nextel sites in the bay area that aren't colocated or within a block of an existing Sprint or Clear site (ie redundant). But I also didn't do an exhaustive search, just a quick visual inspection of the maps.

In other markets where they did have unique sites, I think some of them have been converted already. I believe the Cleveland market has had a few Nextel conversions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

(snip)

In other markets where they did have unique sites, I think some of them have been converted already. I believe the Cleveland market has had a few Nextel conversions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Yeppers, so far in Cleveland and the Toledo, OH markets, most iDEN conversions (about a dozen in each market) were primarily done to expand Sprint's native footprint. The only exceptions that I've found so far is a couple iDEN conversions in Akron, OH. In those cases, it was clear to me that the purpose was a fill in site to improve Sprint's urban network experience. There really isn't anymore Nextel sites here that would substantially expand the network footprint, so going forward, I think it'll be done for densification.

I'm not really aware of any Nextel sites in the bay area that aren't colocated or within a block of an existing Sprint or Clear site (ie redundant). But I also didn't do an exhaustive search, just a quick visual inspection of the maps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

From my observations there are quite a few, especially along/between 5 and 99.

From my observations there are quite a few, especially along/between 5 and 99.

I don't think that's the SF market is it? I haven't really looked at the more rural SF market areas

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• 2 months later...

Today for the first time I have seen a B25^2 carrier in Hayward, CA. Not sure how many other sites have been upgraded. Even B41^3 is very stable in the area and I hope my next phone will be able to make full use of the network. 2CA feels so 2015 :)

• Like 1

Today for the first time I have seen a B25^2 carrier in Hayward, CA. Not sure how many other sites have been upgraded. Even B41^3 is very stable in the area and I hope my next phone will be able to make full use of the network. 2CA feels so 2015 :)

Woah really? Can you send me your SCP logs? That's a huge deal if it's not stale/bad SCP data. Last I checked Sprint hadn't shut down enough CDMA carriers for a second B25 carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

Woah really? Can you send me your SCP logs? That's a huge deal if it's not stale/bad SCP data. Last I checked Sprint hadn't shut down enough CDMA carriers for a second B25 carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Reportedly a 2nd B25 carrier was spotted in the lower central valley thread yesterday. 

Possible end of month CDMA refarming and 2nd B25 carrier launch? :D

• Like 1

I've been experiencing slow network issues in sf for the last 2 weeks. Anyone else have any issues? S7E and connected to b41 and sometimes I get hangs or check apn settings message.

I have seen this too. At times B41 is not providing any data at all. Very bad and it seems Sprint is working on the network in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

No but I have attached a picture taken today.

https://postimg.org/image/p523at0t3/

Reportedly a 2nd B25 carrier was spotted in the lower central valley thread yesterday. 

Possible end of month CDMA refarming and 2nd B25 carrier launch? :D

Would be nice.

Edited by orangeblue
  • Like 3

I have seen this too. At times B41 is not providing any data at all. Very bad and it seems Sprint is working on the network in my area.

No but I have attached a picture taken today.

https://postimg.org/image/p523at0t3/

Well you just confirmed the 2nd B25 carrier. 

It's a 5 MHz FDD B25 carrier located on 1855-1860 / 1935-1940 MHz in the 20 MHz PCS A block allocation that Sprint owns in most of northern california (1850-1860 / 1930-1940). 

• Like 2

Well you just confirmed the 2nd B25 carrier. 

It's a 5 MHz FDD B25 carrier located on 1855-1860 / 1935-1940 MHz in the 20 MHz PCS A block allocation that Sprint owns in most of northern california (1850-1860 / 1930-1940). 

is there a possibility to see 10 Mhz FDD B25 in NorCal? How much spectrum has Sprint available?

is there a possibility to see 10 Mhz FDD B25 in NorCal? How much spectrum has Sprint available?

Other than a handful few counties where Sprint still hold its original 30 MHz PCS A block allocation, nope. 

20 MHz PCS A and 10 MHz G. 

I believe I also hit the second carrier, somewhere in San jose

3806 27-Jul-2016 12:27:33 PM -7.0 27-Jul-2016 12:27:43 PM -7.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Sprint B25 310120 0A804903 264 21511 0 -76 0.0 0.0

Yeah that looks like second carrier in San Jose. Their GCI range is a bit higher than SF's (SF's always begin with 0A6 for B25 and B26). 

If anyone has any SCP logs I will happily take them and process them for new finds.

We have a premier sponsor thread where we track B25, B26, and B41, but I never made a Sponsor map/thread because B25 was on almost all the sites already by the time Robert's source dried up. However, now that we're getting a second B25 carrier I can consider making a Sponsor level map if there's interest or if it will entice people to send me their logs. I just don't know how many active Sponsor level members we have in the Bay Area.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe I also hit the second carrier, somewhere in San jose

3806 27-Jul-2016 12:27:33 PM -7.0 27-Jul-2016 12:27:43 PM -7.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Sprint B25 310120 0A804903 264 21511 0 -76 0.0 0.0

San Jose, Fremont and Milpitas seem all to have a B25 second carrier.

Yeah that looks like second carrier in San Jose. Their GCI range is a bit higher than SF's (SF's always begin with 0A6 for B25 and B26). 

If anyone has any SCP logs I will happily take them and process them for new finds.

We have a premier sponsor thread where we track B25, B26, and B41, but I never made a Sponsor map/thread because B25 was on almost all the sites already by the time Robert's source dried up. However, now that we're getting a second B25 carrier I can consider making a Sponsor level map if there's interest or if it will entice people to send me their logs. I just don't know how many active Sponsor level members we have in the Bay Area.

The only issue I have is the very slow speeds lately on B41 in Hayward which are really sub-standard around .05MB down and 2MB up

• 3 weeks later...

Is LTE 800 deployed in the SF Bay area (especially South SF near SFO)? Heading up to SF in the next 2 weeks and would like to know.

I got B26 at the SFO airport when I last flew through there.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Is LTE 800 deployed in the SF Bay area (especially South SF near SFO)? Heading up to SF in the next 2 weeks and would like to know.

Yes there is B26 on pretty much every Sprint site in the bay area. SFO has a DAS that has both B25 and B26. Plus the airport is ringed in Clear B41 sites. Speeds at the airport are great.

Usually you don't want to be on B26 though, because it's always super congested and barely usable, if at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 2