Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else feel like this storm has caused incredible overreaction. I never had a rain day for school. The mid-west and east coast must be laughing at California right now.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like this storm has caused incredible overreaction. I never had a rain day for school. The mid-west and east coast must be laughing at California right now.

I've driven to school during a tropical storm....almost a hurricane. Raining so hard you couldn't see the car 10 feet in front of you. And we have never had a rain day lol. But it hasn't rained over there in a while so flooding is easier. Down here in the swamp that is florida, everything is made for rain. 1,000+ lakes in orlando, ditches and drains everywhere. Takes a lot to flood here.

• Like 1

It's not the storm that people are worried about. It's the absolutely terrible california drivers that act like chickens with their heads cut off when tiny droplets of water hits their car windows. 

• Like 5

Hi there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've been doing lots of reading on Sprint LTE in my area and I figure people here may have some ideas.

I'm in North Berkeley and I know there is LTE coverage in my area, but I can't seem to get my Nexus 5 to stay on anything besides 3G. The phone will rarely connect to LTE, but then almost immediately drop down to 3G (eHRPD). I'd chalk this up to the towers in my area simply not having the necessary Network Vision upgrades, but the thing is my wife has the exact same phone as me (Nexus 5 Play Store edition) and her phone gets LTE without any problems. I can boot both phones up side-by-side and her's will connect to LTE while mine goes to eHRPD.

Any ideas on what's going on? I've gone through all the configuration steps on my phone that I've been able to find online. I've cycled through every variation/combination of the "Cellular Networks" settings in Lollipop. I've gone into the Data menu (dialer code 3282) and switched eHRPD off. I've gone into the Info/Testing menu (dialer code 4636) to force LTE only. I've updated PRL and Profile in various combinations with these earlier steps. I've also done multiple carrier wipes with and without eHRPD off. I've even done multiple factory resets (both via settings and hard reset through dialer code 786) at the request of Ting Customer Support. I've basically spent the last week trying to get this thing to work. Is my hardware to blame (I'm on my 3rd refurb of my phone, related to other hardware issues)? I'm at my wits end and I'm thinking about just giving up and switching back to T-Mobile (which has good LTE coverage in my area). Any insight you guys may have would be appreciated.

Edited by hungryghost

My first thought is you are having a SIM card problem in your unit.

Thanks for the opinion. I already ordered a replacement SIM from Ting, which should be on the way. The replacement SIM card might need to be my final troubleshooting attempt, because I'm not willing to do another factory reset or go through another RMA/refurb just to get Sprint LTE working. I hope the new SIM works because I really was looking forward to switching to Ting. But if not, I guess it'll be back to T-Mo for me!

Edited by hungryghost

Thanks for the opinion. I already ordered a replacement SIM from Ting, which should be on the way. The replacement SIM card might need to be my final troubleshooting attempt, because I'm not willing to do another factory reset or go through another RMA/refurb just to get Sprint LTE working. I hope the new SIM works because I really was looking forward to switching to Ting. But if not, I guess it'll be back to T-Mo for me!

Is your wife also on ting? What happens when you guys switch Sims?

Is your wife also on ting? What happens when you guys switch Sims?

I haven't tried that. But doesn't this require the SIM to be set up by Ting before I can use it? I was under the impression that on CDMA networks, SIM cards are not swappable like they are on GSM networks. Doesn't the SIM ICCID need to be associated with a specific MEID (in Sprint's system) before it's allowed to access LTE? Either way, I'll give it a shot and see if temporarily switching SIM does anything different. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that the nice B41 Clear site in Hayward that I started to miss a couple of weeks ago remains still offline and now I get only B26 which is really a downer because speeds are not matching what I am used to get. Why would Sprint shut off a perfectly working B41 site (Clearwire dual site) and leave people stuck on B26 with less speed?

I just noticed that the nice B41 Clear site in Hayward that I started to miss a couple of weeks ago remains still offline and now I get only B26 which is really a downer because speeds are not matching what I am used to get. Why would Sprint shut off a perfectly working B41 site (Clearwire dual site) and leave people stuck on B26 with less speed?

They do that during testing, then they reactivate.

Does anyone know which tower(s) provides service on the BART between Embarcadero and 16th St Mission? Is it a DAS? Or is there a tower installed in one of the stations pointing down the tunnels? 

Does anyone know which tower(s) provides service on the BART between Embarcadero and 16th St Mission? Is it a DAS? Or is there a tower installed in one of the stations pointing down the tunnels? 

The whole BART system is covered underground with a DAS. The base station that they're all hooked up to got upgraded over the summer to NV 3G. No word on LTE down there. 

• 1 month later...

For the first time that I've noticed I've been able to keep an LTE signal from my school all the way home without it dropping or cycling airplane mode! Long live Tri-Band or at least B26 optimization in this case

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

What area were you driving mostly?

What area were you driving mostly?

I wasn't driving I was taking the 21 bus from Jack in the Box on Park St. to 2 stops after the firehouse on Bayfarm. Sorry I have notifications turned off for Tapatalk and forgot I posted in excitement

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1