Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Just got faint band 41 in my bedroom for the first time. In the outer sunset. So the western edge of sf. Exciting. But weird cause my b25 speeds were faster. Only part of my place I get b41. Even my deck doesn't get b41 (which is on the other side of my place)

Just got faint band 41 in my bedroom for the first time. In the outer sunset. So the western edge of sf. Exciting. But weird cause my b25 speeds were faster. Only part of my place I get b41. Even my deck doesn't get b41 (which is on the other side of my place)

What is the GCI?

I know this is ATT but here's a video about damage done to an ATT facility in Napa with some sites atop.

http://abc7news.com/news/i-team-investigates-at-t-center-after-napa-quake/284302/

Funny, the antenna they zoom in on at the beginning is Sprint. Bet that site was offline for a while.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

Of course it's not connecting to b41 now. And I didn't get a screen shot this morning. Might be still testing. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

I had the same experience in my house last week. My phone for the first time connected to a b41 site that was supposed to be online in May. It stayed connected for the next day and after that I am back to 3G. I was excited because that clear tower filled in the sprint coverage gap my house resides in. I think this is partly leading to my poor battery life. The other is at work there is a 3G accepted tower across the street from my building, but instead my phone connects to a distant LTE tower with one or two bars of service.

• Like 1

AT&T the internet/cable/landline company probably doesn't care, more money for them. Bet they had quick access to backhaul!

Sent from my LG G3

The funny thing is that this site only appears to have a 3G/800 acceptance! 

Since it's a s5 and b41 is not reported on 3rd party apps is the gci reported correctly? Where do I find gci in debug menu?

Yep the GCI's are reported correctly. If you set up the Custom Band option in LTE Discovery to identify sites with the first three digits of the GCI (area code) that have "043" and a TAC of 17282 as B41 then the app will identify all B41 sites in your area that meet that criteria as B41. I posted about this not too long ago in the GS5 thread.

The app will even go back and fix all the old log entries that have been incorrectly labeled as Band 25 sites.

Note: You will have to continually add to the Custom Band list the app maintains as you travel around but it is a temporary solution until the GS5 receives an update that allows us to fix whatever the PLMN ID issues may be.

Yep the GCI's are reported correctly. If you set up the Custom Band option in LTE Discovery to identify sites with the first three digits of the GCI (area code) that have "043" and a TAC of 17282 as B41 then the app will identify all B41 sites in your area that meet that criteria as B41. I posted about this not too long ago in the GS5 thread.

The app will even go back and fix all the old log entries that have been incorrectly labeled as Band 25 sites.

Note: You will have to continually add to the Custom Band list the app maintains as you travel around but it is a temporary solution until the GS5 receives an update that allows us to fix whatever the PLMN ID issues may be.

Sweet! Thanks for the refresher. I always meant to change the custom band but didnt quite get it until now. Wow I get alot more b41 around sf than I thought. Anyway to color code the log to make it easier to identify bands quickly. B41 isn't too bad. But trying to see b26 when scrolling quickly can be easily missed cause it looks too much like b25. Also maybe different colored icons for different bands in the status bar. Thanks again!
  • Like 1

Sweet! Thanks for the refresher. I always meant to change the custom band but didnt quite get it until now. Wow I get alot more b41 around sf than I thought. Anyway to color code the log to make it easier to identify bands quickly. B41 isn't too bad. But trying to see b26 when scrolling quickly can be easily missed cause it looks too much like b25. Also maybe different colored icons for different bands in the status bar. Thanks again!

Great suggestions! My time is little more strained now that I have begun some research projects but I've been planning on adding in some more theme customizations and I think this could be a great feature to add. I know first hand those when those logs start piling up it gets tough to sort through all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

This was taken from within the 24 Hour Fitness on Auto Mall Pkwy in Fremont. Once I went outside I switched to b41.

Speaking of b41. I'm gonna miss all these fast ass speedtests once the iPhones drop. But it'll be for the best if it frees up b25. I wonder how much b41 expediting sprint did before this imminent launch. I've been noticing a lot of new sites in sf.

• Like 1

Speaking of b41. I'm gonna miss all these fast ass speedtests once the iPhones drop. But it'll be for the best if it frees up b25. I wonder how much b41 expediting sprint did before this imminent launch. I've been noticing a lot of new sites in sf.

Nothing new. Just clear sites being activated and reactivated according to their new schedules.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nothing new. Just clear sites being activated and reactivated according to their new schedules.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just like in NYC. In late Spring, Sprint flipped the eCSFB switch on all of the Band 41 sites and suddenly I had Band 41 over 90% of the city. The areas that didn't have it were underserved by Clear and will likely be covered with 8T8R if they haven't already. Us New Yorkers don't look up very often.

I found b26 at the Oakland Coliseum, near south hayward bart station and at my home in Fremont. Looks like they "flipped the switch" on the east bay. Next step, b26 optimization. 

I found b26 at the Oakland Coliseum, near south hayward bart station and at my home in Fremont. Looks like they "flipped the switch" on the east bay. Next step, b26 optimization.

I also found some B26 in the Coliseum yesterday but was mostly connected to the overloaded B25 site. B41 probably would have been much better but I haven't made it to the Sprint store yet to upgrade to a 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

New to S4GRU and potentially new to Sprint as well as I have to decide what network to get an iPhone 6 on. I live in San Francisco and work in the Peninsula/South Bay. I know Spark is deployed in the East Bay but not yet in SF or on the Peninsula. I come from T-Mo and ATT so I know their networks now, but other than the general poor reputation of Sprint, know very little about their network.

For the areas in which I live/work, what's the current LTE deployment? I've heard Sprint just has a 5x5 up on B25...is that correct? What's the ETA for full Spark deployment with B26/41? With the full deployment, how much bandwidth will be available on B25/26/41? 

Basically I know Sprint's network has been a POS in the Bay Area but they're working on fixing it. When it's fixed, will it be relatively congestion free like VZW/TMo or will it be shitty like AT&Ts? 

Thanks. 

Hey guys,

New to S4GRU and potentially new to Sprint as well as I have to decide what network to get an iPhone 6 on. I live in San Francisco and work in the Peninsula/South Bay. I know Spark is deployed in the East Bay but not yet in SF or on the Peninsula. I come from T-Mo and ATT so I know their networks now, but other than the general poor reputation of Sprint, know very little about their network.

For the areas in which I live/work, what's the current LTE deployment? I've heard Sprint just has a 5x5 up on B25...is that correct? What's the ETA for full Spark deployment with B26/41? With the full deployment, how much bandwidth will be available on B25/26/41?

Basically I know Sprint's network has been a POS in the Bay Area but they're working on fixing it. When it's fixed, will it be relatively congestion free like VZW/TMo or will it be shitty like AT&Ts?

Thanks.

There's a lot of work going on in the bay area right now. Plenty of B41 sites are now available in San Francisco and the Peninsula. If you check the more recent speed tests in sensorly you can see some areas getting very fast speeds.

I got these today in the mission

8258f65695259566453cf32d85c74f22.jpg

B25 is only 5x5 and b26 will be as well

B41 however is 20x20. More then any other carrier has continuously.

Read up on b41 8t8r antennas that are being deployed by sprint all over the country.

More people can chime in with their experience with the south bay. Parts of South bay are not great but I guess it depends exactly where you work and play. It's getting better everyday.

B41 however is 20x20. More then any other carrier has continuously.

Don't forget its TDD so its one single 20Mhz channel with 6:3 ratio. Unlike FDD that uses spectrum less efficiently, using twice as much spectrum with little benefit (uses twice the spectrum and only a slight increase of download and upload speed)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Thanks.

Almost all the sites in San Mateo and foster city have b26. Almost all the clear wire sites now have b41. I have never come across a congested b41 site. It tends to not go very far, but it works well on a weak signal.

As you know, b41 does not penetrate indoors very well either.

Almost all the sites in San Mateo and foster city have b26. Almost all the clear wire sites now have b41. I have never come across a congested b41 site. It tends to not go very far, but it works well on a weak signal.

As you know, b41 does not penetrate indoors very well either.

Bbspot, I know you been tracking the b26 sites. Do you know where these 2 are coming from? I got this briefly in the city.

8cbf73b9627f01f79cae4ee8d6acb86d.jpg