Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Just got back from Napa. Did more of 29 going down. Also part of 37 going back to 80 right before six flags. Got some 4g I think in Albany but sensorly didn't pick it up. Drops off right after you get off bay Bridge on 101. The most psyched I got though was I got off my exit in Daly City and got lte there for several blocks. But no luck at the house. Oh well. Couple more blocks to go. I might go to sfo tomorrow to see the blue angels. Well see. Happy hunting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

How do you guys leave Sensorly running to take signal readings while you're driving? I have the iOS Sensorly app and I don't see a way to take a signal reading without having to do it manually.

How do you guys leave Sensorly running to take signal readings while you're driving? I have the iOS Sensorly app and I don't see a way to take a signal reading without having to do it manually.

Sensory for iOS doesn't do this. It doesn't upload results and it doesn't scan continuously.

You're much better off using RootMetrics for iOS at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Too bad the RootMetrics app doesn't distinguish between 4G LTE and WiMAX and 3G like the Sensorly app does.

True, but an iOS version on either app won't support reporting LTE v WiMAX. The data isn't available through the API.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Didn't find anything at sfo today. I was mostly at the United field near lot d. Didnt add anything today. Did see some stuff was added by others on 880 near Oracle arena. And 101 near San Mateo. Keep it coming folks. Hope to add more this week.

When i got in my car after the 49ers game @ the stick, my evo said "4G" for the first time ever. I opened sensorly immediately and started collecting points as you will see. Unfortunately it switched to 3G b4 I could finish a speed test.

• Like 2

LTE was on this weekend starting Fri evening 10/05 and was still running this morning 10/08. Larger area too - from the lab to the middle school on East Ave, and from East Ave to First Ave. I think they have a few towers going. Probably just a test - but still faster than my Uverse. Interesting - when transitioning back from 3G to 4G it takes a few minutes to switch.

• Like 1

LTE was on this weekend starting Fri evening 10/05 and was still running this morning 10/08. Larger area too - from the lab to the middle school on East Ave' date=' and from East Ave to First Ave. I think they have a few towers going. Probably just a test - but still faster than my Uverse. Interesting - when transitioning back from 3G to 4G it takes a few minutes to switch.[/quote']

If you get a chance please plot your signal areas on Sensorly. Thanks!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Went over bay Bridge again today. My s3 didn't pick up much lte. Hope that's not a bad sign. I was driving so I couldn't fiddle with it. But only picked up like 30 points. Usually picks up hundreds when I go over bridge.

Did some more in Berkeley heights and 80 near Berkeley. Also some near serramonte mall in Daly City. Used Skype flawlessly in the parking lot. Awesome stuff. I saw some ppl added some south sf stuff too. Good job guys.

• Like 2

I downloaded the sensorly app and ran it. It gets an error on the report level, but I did test the location twice.

on Speedtest.net:

Dn:18669 kbps Up:12622 kbps 10/9/12 9:57 am

Dn:15300 kbps Up:10971 kbps 10/6/12 6:08 am

Dn:20826 kbps Up:07415 kbps 10/5/12 6:49 pm

On Sensorly:

Dn: 15.6 Mbps Up: 8.15 Mbps 10/9/12 10:13 am

• Like 2

I must have missed all the testing. I've driven through all the spots on the SF bay market and I was never able to get LTE. eHERPDERP was enabled and now it's not.

I'm also getting some weird speedtest results with Ehrpd vs EvdoA:

Screenshot_2012-10-09-14-00-36.png

Screenshot_2012-10-09-14-00-15.png

• Like 1

Tried to expand on some of the new dots that appeared in the past few days:

1. Montague/101: didn't find anything.

2. Central Expy/N Fair Oaks Ave: didn't find anything again.

But to my surprise, there was 4G LTE on Central Expy from Oakmead Pkwy to SJC airport (and up Trimble a bit.)

I've uploaded the results onto Sensorly!

(I believe Central/Bowers was one of the first mentions of the South Bay on this site, here.)

It's just a block away from my office (which doesn't have working WiFi!!!)... so close yet so far.

PS: I made a post about E Capitol Expy in San Jose here, before I found this thread. I'm not sure whether I should "report your LTE connection here" in this thread or in that thread.

• Like 3

I walked along King Street and the Embarcadero again today, and did not pick up any 4g where I had previously. Typical of testing phase, I suppose?

I noticed this also in a couple of places too. Bay bridge and in Daly city. Found new spots in Daly city though. That's a good sign. Went to city college today. Nothing there. I added a plane mode shortcut to my front page just cause I been cycling so much this last week. Also added a 4g icon in my status bar, makes it easier to see while driving. The stock one is way too tiny. If anyone wants to know which apps I used I'll post it later when near a computer.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

I just added to sensorly on University just south of 101 this AM. And last night I was able to confirm Central expressway in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. Also I was able to confirm on 880 just north of Calaveras in Milpitas.

• Like 2

in a follow up i am learning the power of the airport cycle on the evo. it would be handy to have an app that continuously airport cycles until 4G LTE connection is established. as mc_gusto has stated, i think we could incorporate a giant 4G icon in the app when it is connected. the app can be called the Evo LTE Hunter.

• Like 1