Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I go by several sites a day and zero work still. Very disappointed, not hating on the info here but I always had my doubts on the upgrade here. Figured we would also be almost dead last as usual. The red headed step child area.

It is a breath of fresh air to see some work in New Orleans though.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I live in a small town directly in between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, and my friend (who is on AT&T) gets about 20 Mbps at home. I was just wondering when both Baton Rouge and New Orleans gets LTE, how far will it extend? Do I have a chance of getting it?

I live in a small town directly in between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, and my friend (who is on AT&T) gets about 20 Mbps at home. I was just wondering when both Baton Rouge and New Orleans gets LTE, how far will it extend? Do I have a chance of getting it?

You can basically say every Sprint cell site is being upgraded in this area.

New Orleans is supposed to be launched in January, and we only two months away I hope we start to see more action, it's taking them forever and 3G speeds here are really bad.

Every market has several stages:

• Mobilization - this is when crews show up and prepare for their first site conversion
  • Active - this is when the first sites have been accepted by Sprint from the OEM
  • Discoverable - this is when Sprint stops blocking complete LTE sites and allows customers to use what limited service is available
  • Prelaunch - this is when the completed LTE sites are completely live and open and Sprint starts acknowledging service is active, but isolated in coverage
  • Launch - this is when Sprint put out a Press Release that the market is now live and coverage shows on their maps, however coverage is still usually not 100% at market Launch
  • Complete - after 100% of the sites are completely converted, the market is complete

New Orleans may or may not be to launched state by January. But should be at least at Prelaunch. We should start getting an idea in the next two weeks, when sites start going live around the market.

Robert

• Like 1

The press release from Sprint stated we would have LTE in New Orleans and Baton Rouge by the end of the year. Meaning as in at least one tower would let you connect in each city.

I don't see it happening right now.

I have more pics but i reached my limit so i'll attach a dropbox gallery link.

These look real good! It's definitely moving!

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Moving yes... But at what pace?

Keep watching the skies.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Riding across town and checked a few sites. Still behind and nothing started.

I see the famous sherwood and coursey site has 3 evdo carriers now. Steadily throwing stuff at it instead of adding another site and fixing the real problem of the site covers too many Sq miles in a large city area.

Speed test on Channel 175

Are there any new updates? i thought we were going to start seeing some LTE form this tower, is 3G better?

I rode by it today and a work was still being done atop the tower. I Didn't think this kind of stuff was plug and play anyway. Looks like robert was right about that 3 week time span for a tower to be completed.

I rode by it today and a work was still being done atop the tower. I Didn't think this kind of stuff was plug and play anyway. Looks like robert was right about that 3 week time span for a tower to be completed.

Thank you well at least they are still working on it, is that the only tower u have seen work on? i hope they dont take 3 weeks on every tower.

Thank you well at least they are still working on it, is that the only tower u have seen work on? i hope they dont take 3 weeks on every tower.

Link to photos of NV work in new orleans...

https://plus.google....sts/3QVPNHCZCTx

https://plus.google....sts/YByXKkEs3tM

Thats what i've seen so far.....Work is still being done on both towers right now.