Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I wonder why this tower doesn't show up on the sprint.com/network website, also it says that includes updates on the sprint 4g lte network but they dont specify on what towers they are deploying lte.

That website only shows towers that were updated in the last 6 months.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I think they will be more concerned with voice and evdo carriers with the super bowl though than LTE. LTE will just be icing on the cake for the dome area if they can pull it off.

How long does it usually take to upgrade a tower? And I hope they have at least a tower with LTE by December' date=' 3G here is almost unusable.[/quote']

It's highly variable. Sometimes they show up and they can have things complete and a LTE testing signal in 4-5 days. Sometimes it takes three weeks. It depends on how the site is staged, the physical characteristics of the site, the subcontractors involved, and other factors.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I've called off my tower spotting for at least a month. Went on a ride at lunch today to another site, and nothing stirring, nothing different. That puts them almost 2 months behind here. I planned on checking 2 sites today and another 2 tomorrow that I haven't gone to yet but there's no point as I already know the answer. Kinda sad to have only spotted some work at 2 towers in the market. And those two towers were definitely closer to the hurricane than the ones they haven't started on.... calling shenanigans! ;)

This morning I went by the tower behind the Baton Rouge Clinic near Perkins and Essen and took a picture.

perkins essen tower 2.jpg

What am I looking at here? Which one Sprint, or are they all?

I happened to go by this tower today. I took some zoomed in pictures. Very easy access to this site. You can even read he frequencies on the bottom of the ATT panels. Looks like they have some dual use PCS/AWS band and 700mhz panels with independent downtilt. They do not have the pcs/AWS side hooked up at all.

I will post them tomorrow when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Just saw a crew up on a tower at 510@I-10 . Look like they had removed one of the panels. Only seen 3 up there instead of the normal 4. Couldn't get any pics, I'm on a fire truck.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2