Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Gonna go hunting later this afternoon or tomorrow. Been difficult with it getting dark so early.I dont get off until 630ish and its only about to get worse with time change coming up.

Ill report if I see anything interesting,but I dont expect to see much.Manhattan Blvd still has no progress as I see that tower every day.

Are there any network vision upgrades going on in New Orleans? I seen posts from westwego and Baton Rouge but not from New Orleans, I really want to know if I'm going to get LTE any time soon. On Saturday I got really good 3G speeds, 1.6 mbs when I usually get .02 but it was just for like 2 hours and then back to the same, could this be a network vision upgrade? Do they test the tower and then turn it off until it get approved by sprint? By the way no lte just good 3G speeds. I hope someone know something about this and thank you.

They are supposed to be working all across the market which is basically just west of Baton Rouge then all the state east of that from Miss to the coast. I believe it also covers a little bit of MS up to McComb on 55 as well.

We just haven't seen much going on anywhere. I suspect they are working on a few other towers in New Orleans but where? I have no idea as this schedule has been totally turned up on its head and delayed.

If you are in new Orleans keep an eye out for any workers at the towers, lines hanging down, etc. It's the only way we really know for sure. Post pictures and all of us can help you pick out if the work is done or is even Sprint for that matter.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Thank you for the info. and i thought the official LTE launch was going to be on january and then completed by may, and since Sprint said we were getting NV in the "coming months" i thought we were going to start seeing LTE signals before the end of the year.

Ok,Ive hit practically every tower on the Westbank,with the exception of Belle Chasse and the one by Kabel Dr. Nothing to report.Anywhere.Didnt even bother to take pics,didnt go out towards Avondale either tho.May go to Boutte tomorrow to pick up some fish so I may look at whatevers on the way.

I guess im lucky.The only real known activity going on in the entire New Orleans market is happening so close I can actually watch from my front porch.

Thank you for the info. and i thought the official LTE launch was going to be on january and then completed by may, and since Sprint said we were getting NV in the "coming months" i thought we were going to start seeing LTE signals before the end of the year.

The press release stated they were supposed to have LTE in New Orleans and Baton Rouge before the end of the year. Now technically they could just light up one tower in each city and that would be correct. Maybe that is their plan to get one tower per city, where is this one tower? Not sure.

Ok,Ive hit practically every tower on the Westbank,with the exception of Belle Chasse and the one by Kabel Dr. Nothing to report.Anywhere.Didnt even bother to take pics,didnt go out towards Avondale either tho.May go to Boutte tomorrow to pick up some fish so I may look at whatevers on the way.

I guess im lucky.The only real known activity going on in the entire New Orleans market is happening so close I can actually watch from my front porch.

Wow...makes me wonder if the north shore got started or not. I haven't counted to be exact but this seems to be about 12+ confirmed towers that they are delayed on.

I wonder if Issac has anything to do with the delay. I know they had some tower damage because I saw 2 towers getting repaired just after the storm. Maybe since they had to do repairs they couldnt get to the upgrades as planned.

Just a thought.

I wonder if Issac has anything to do with the delay. I know they had some tower damage because I saw 2 towers getting repaired just after the storm. Maybe since they had to do repairs they couldnt get to the upgrades as planned.

Just a thought.

I don't buy that really. The winds were not high enough for this storm to cause much tower damage. This was far from a Katrina or Gustav. I could see some broadband delays in Plaquemines parish but the workers wouldn't just sit at those towers and wait, they would flip to another tower.

I'm confused. The picture I took is of the tower right where the icon indicating 1 network upgrade is located from the Sprint website. There is a tower on the south side of Essen, also just off of Picardy behind LPB, that doesn't appear to have anything on it. Could that one be a decommissioned Nextel site?

post-6294-0-84853000-1351013200_thumb.png

The other icon indicating 3 upgrades is right where the large tower behind the Bluebonnet Post Office is. Is Sprint on that tower?

You may be correct. I thought the site was on the east side of Essen, but maybe not. And yes, the other site in your pic is right behind the Post Office as you stated. Sprint along with other carriers is on that tower. If you become a sponsor, you will be able to see every site in the market.

Crew back on top of westwego tower today and its now reporting ehrpd as opposed to EvdoRevA.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Actual physical tower work is not required for ehrpd. Baton Rouge is perfect proof of that as we have had no work yet but have ehrpd all over the place.

Thanks for the updates.. Keep them coming.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Oh I know that.juat all this time at the house ive had evdo.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if the reverse could be true that maybe an update wasn't done on that tower for ehrpd since it was about to be shut down?

I know it is too late now to tell, wonder if you are seeing better signal numbers than before. Are the speeds any better?

This morning I went by the tower behind the Baton Rouge Clinic near Perkins and Essen and took a picture.

perkins essen tower 2.jpg

What am I looking at here? Which one Sprint, or are they all?

bigzeto and I did create a public google maps of Baton Rouge with Sprint towers, nextel towers, and possible co-lo's but to be fair to this site I'm not going to advertise it. I even kept up with some history of the maintenance upgrades on some of the towers in the descriptions of each.

I was looking at the tower on google maps street view and on the rack at the bottom the panel in the middle wasn't there in March 2011. Looking at the panels that were there just don't jump out at me as being Sprint. The top rack looks like Sprint's but I just don't see them on the top racks much. It's hard to tell this smaller picture. The RRU looks like Ericsson's type but the panel really doesn't. ktulu's tower picture threw us all off with it's weird configuration so maybe this is another. I'll have to go check this one out and get a closer look. It looks like I could get a real good parking spot for some zoomed in pictures. Problem is, I rarely go to this part of town and try to avoid it due to the traffic, but this could persuade me to go check it out. And this was one of those towers that I wanted to go check out for work anyways.

Just seen some work being done at Crowder Blvd and lake forest. Actually they were doing work in some cabinets on the outside. Also there was a ladder going up the tower but nobody up there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Just seen some work being done at Crowder Blvd and lake forest. Actually they were doing work in some cabinets on the outside. Also there was a ladder going up the tower but nobody up there.

That sounds like good news.

I also saw some cabinet work going on yesterday on the tower at I10 near hwy 51 in laplace.

Interesting... thanks for the pics. With the lines coming down from the tower I would say the RRU's are either up already or about to be put up.

That sounds like good news.

I also saw some cabinet work going on yesterday on the tower at I10 near hwy 51 in laplace.

If you can be sure and grab some pictures. If you have a camera with a decent optical zoom take a picture of the racks up top.

Interesting... thanks for the pics. With the lines coming down from the tower I would say the RRU's are either up already or about to be put up.

If you can be sure and grab some pictures. If you have a camera with a decent optical zoom take a picture of the racks up top.

I do have a camera that can do this but I will have to remember to bring it next time I head out to do something at my flooded house.I can say that the racks have not changed though because I can see them from my front door and i have most certainly been on the lookout.

will post pics when i get them.