Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

I have been connected to the evdo a network since I got my phone. Then a few days ago my phone switched to eHRPD for a few hours and it switched back to evdo a and has been ever since. What does this mean?

The Galaxy Nexus has a very hard time maintaining a connection to eHRPD. I haven't figured out why, but the only thing I think it could be is the weak VIA radio for 1x/EVDO. Since the phone can't maintain eHRPD well, it just means that when you drop from LTE down to 3G data, it will have a delay before data starts back up.

The Galaxy Nexus has a very hard time maintaining a connection to eHRPD. I haven't figured out why, but the only thing I think it could be is the weak VIA radio for 1x/EVDO. Since the phone can't maintain eHRPD well, it just means that when you drop from LTE down to 3G data, it will have a delay before data starts back up.

I wouldn't mind that as long as I get lte :)

Been hanging around Big Bear Lake this weekend. No NV love up here. I've been bouncing between the unoffciail 4.2.1 AOSP ROM and 4.1.1 Touchwiz based Hyperdrive. Best speeds my phone has received are .3 down, .15 up.

Can't wait to get back to the LA basin.

Hoping for Robert to give me a great answer to this..

Since were at 9% now when do you think LTE will start lighting up?

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

I still think we're at least 45 days away.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I still think we're at least 45 days away.

Seems close enough for me, may be even sooner?.. all I know is I'm seeing network vision all over the place in riverside and lake elsinore.

Seems close enough for me, may be even sooner?.. all I know is I'm seeing network vision all over the place in riverside and lake elsinore.

It would be great if it's sooner. That's just my guess.

It would be great if it's sooner. That's just my guess.

Seems like all the work is getting complete except the tower off of sedco heights in lake elsinore. A piece of new hardware seems to get added every week.

Robert can you confirm perris will have 4G? Do u know any cross streets for the towers in this area?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint is upgrading the entire network, if you have a good 3G signal, then you will have a 4G signal by the time upgrades are complete. We have maps of all Sprint towers in the country in our sponsors section, as well as a map tracking the progress of tower upgrades.

If you aren't able to become a sponsor at this time, network.sprint.com does show the locations of some towers, but not all.

• Like 2

Robert can you confirm perris will have 4G? Do u know any cross streets for the towers in this area?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, Perris will get Sprint LTE. Preliminary work is under way there now. We show maps of all the Sprint sites in Perris, and nationwide in our Sponsor section. For more info about becoming a S4GRU sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Because Redlands isn't one of the major cities does that mean it will get lte later than when the bigger cites in Riverside/ San Bernardino get lte?

The whole market will be deployed all over. They will start with the first sites that are ready, no matter where they are. Redlands will likely start going live with the other communities in the market. It will be more of a shotgun approach.

• Like 1

You should be running the Sensorly app so it get's reported because right now Sensorly is showing nothing for Riverside area.

Not a single purple dot on the map for the San Bernardino/Inland Empire area.

Edited by smotrs

You should be running the Sensorly app so it get's reported because right now Sensorly is showing nothing for Riverside area.

Not a single purple dot on the map for the San Bernardino/Inland Empire area.

I do run the sensorly app no lte live yet

I do run the sensorly app no lte live yet

Ok, I misread your post. I thought you were saying your seeing the Network Vision on your phone, not on the towers themselves. My Bad. :)

Any 4G news and thank you Robert.

Sent from My Jellybomb Note 2

Alcatel Lucent starts deploying markets with 3G first and then starts bringing online LTE over the same sites a few months later. Your market should be starting up LTE soon, since San Diego is starting to go live now. I'm guessing in the next week or two.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2