Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

I was at Ontario Airport earlier this week and was connected go Band 26 while I was there and inside Ontario Mills. I thought they were gonna roll oub Band 26 when they were San Bernardino safety department was done rebanding.

I have seen this issue before. From every thing I can tell on my phone it is from the second b25 carrier.

I have seen this in San Diego, OC, and the IE.

Sent from my HTC M9

Based on every Sprint GCI pattern we have available, that is Band 25 second carrier, not Band 26 as IKT said. Not sure why LTE Discovery is labeling it as such, Signal Check Pro will correctly identify it as B25^2. May want to send a bug report to LTE Discovery.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

B25 LTE switched on the towers between Indio and just outside Blythe on I-10, nice long stretch. Cactus City rest stop, Chiriaco Summit, Desert Center, all the way to the Wiley's Well rest area have usable data now. Blythe to about 10 miles east of Tonopah still EVDO and 1x, until Buckeye when LTE kicks in again.

eb377706c355062a4dcb54f5c87d478f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 5

B25 LTE switched on the towers between Indio and just outside Blythe on I-10, nice long stretch. Cactus City rest stop, Chiriaco Summit, Desert Center, all the way to the Wiley's Well rest area have usable data now. Blythe to about 10 miles east of Tonopah still EVDO and 1x, until Buckeye when LTE kicks in again.

WHAT ??? So from Indio till about Blythe there's LTE almost the entire way ?????? I drive to Arizona to see my kids so this is big news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also can someone map this on the sensorly app.

• Like 1

WHAT ??? So from Indio till about Blythe there's LTE almost the entire way ?????? I drive to Arizona to see my kids so this is big news

Yes, as a matter of fact I had unbroken LTE from West Hollywood to just past Wiley's Well...220 miles. Didn't drop to EVDO once. I was streaming iTunes Match the entire time. Up until Blythe, that is. That's a first, usually data was mostly unusable on that stretch of the 10 through the desert. Even checking email didn't work. So things are indeed still improving. I would of mapped if I didn't have an iPhone.

• Like 3

Yes, as a matter of fact I had unbroken LTE from West Hollywood to just past Wiley's Well...220 miles. Didn't drop to EVDO once. I was streaming iTunes Match the entire time. Up until Blythe, that is. That's a first, usually data was mostly unusable on that stretch of the 10 through the desert. Even checking email didn't work. So things are indeed still improving. I would of mapped if I didn't have an iPhone.

Good stuff sir. Keep us updated if they upgrade towers from Blythe all the way to Phoenix. My kids are in Arizona as I use to live there but live back in SoCal so I make that drive once a month to see them on weekends

• Like 1

Good stuff sir. Keep us updated if they upgrade towers from Blythe all the way to Phoenix. My kids are in Arizona as I use to live there but live back in SoCal so I make that drive once a month to see them on weekends

I'm moving to Phoenix October 1, wife and kid are already there. I'll be traveling from West Hollywood to Phoenix and back every weekend in September, I'll be on the lookout [emoji102]

• Like 2

Great to see Sprint finally upgrading these interstate sites!

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there is LTE on the I15 from Barstow to the Nevada border yet?

Hell I'll go even further, what about LTE from Victorville to Vegas lol. My SoCal drive to Vegas I'm on LTE about 40% of my drive and it's a 3.5 hour drive

• Like 1

The drive on the 15 interstate between Barstow and Las Vegas blows for LTE.  Sprint still has a lot of work to do to upgrade all those sites to LTE.  Also it would help if by the time those sites get upgraded to LTE that Sprint can deploy LTE 800 on those remote sites as well.

• Like 2

Great to see Sprint finally upgrading these interstate sites!

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there is LTE on the I15 from Barstow to the Nevada border yet?

No LTE love yet from I15 from Barstow until Primm.

I just drove back from Vegas last night but 3G is getting a bit better was able to stream pandora with hiccups.

• Like 1

Seems like service is still disrupted on the I15 at Cajon Blvd due to the fire that happened a few weeks ago. I was able to spot a ATT cow while going down hill, My Moto X Pure was roaming on Verizon.

• Like 1

Well, I made a FCC complaint, Not really  against Sprint, but San Bernardino County.  Here's Sprint's response...

See attached.

In short, Sprint places the blame for the slow San Bernardino retune on the the IBEZ and the Mexico side not rebanding their 800mhz  Apparently SB County can't reband their 800mhz Safety freq until Mexico side rebands first.   And Sprint can't deploy 800mhz LTE until SB County rebands.  A domino effect.  So until the IBEZ is rebanded, and than SB County, LA Metro and other So Cal areas will have to wait for 800MHZ LTE.

• 1 month later...

Spoke to an engineer who was installing some Nokia antennas in Pomona, CA off the 71. Said Sprint is really making a push to upgrade all the towers out in the IE and also install small cells because the IE is really lagging so that's a good thing

• Like 4

Spoke to an engineer who was installing some Nokia antennas in Pomona, CA off the 71. Said Sprint is really making a push to upgrade all the towers out in the IE and also install small cells because the IE is really lagging so that's a good thing

It's lagging all across SoCal from Lake Elsinore where I live to corona to San Diego to Orange County lol

• Like 2

If this is true then hallelujah! Sub single digit speeds in Menifee and Temecula gets old fast... Ill be keeping an eye out for any progress out here  :2tu:

• Like 2

If this is true then hallelujah! Sub single digit speeds in Menifee and Temecula gets old fast... Ill be keeping an eye out for any progress out here :2tu:

Yup. Drive up to Temecula occasionally. Mainly for Lucille's BBQ. Its very poor inside.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup. Drive up to Temecula occasionally. Mainly for Lucille's BBQ. Its very poor inside.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I'll go even further then that, I drive to fat burger every Sunday since it's crack to me. And my phone goes from LTE to 3G. Never fails. Across from Temecula mall.

It's lagging all across SoCal from Lake Elsinore where I live to corona to San Diego to Orange County lol

I live in Corona and commute to OC daily, the IE and OC has greatly improved. I can say that Riverside area, Temecula  and some parts of downtown Pomona need improvement, but mostly are covered with LTE B41 now, yes a few times it rolls back to 3G but toggling airplane mode mostly will bring you back to LTE.

Good to hear that upgrades are coming, did he mention where exactly are these upgrades happening ?

I live in Corona and commute to OC daily, the IE and OC has greatly improved. I can say that Riverside area, Temecula and some parts of downtown Pomona need improvement, but mostly are covered with LTE B41 now, yes a few times it rolls back to 3G but toggling airplane mode mostly will bring you back to LTE.

Good to hear that upgrades are coming, did he mention where exactly are these upgrades happening ?

He just mentioned that he and his crew have been only staying in the IE and have been bouncing all over... not really exact locations. He said one week they would be in Pomona and the next week they would be in Riverside

• Like 1

He just mentioned that he and his crew have been only staying in the IE and have been bouncing all over... not really exact locations. He said one week they would be in Pomona and the next week they would be in Riverside

Huawei clearwire conversions were mandated to be done by end of 2016 by the federal government. That's why sprint is rushing that.

It is no indication on network deployments for the rest of the network.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Huawei clearwire conversions were mandated to be done by end of 2016 by the federal government. That's why sprint is rushing that.

It is no indication on network deployments for the rest of the network.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oh by the end of 2016 now that makes sense

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

fdb93609a1faa2548f5a93ffa9658e71.jpg

It looks like LTE coverage is growing from SoCal to Vegas. Its about 70% connected/completion. Great news. I also spoke with upper management. This should receive more upgrades by next month so that LA to Vegas drive should be all LTE within a month so he stated 800mhz would be on the towers for that drive just not in SoCal yet due to rebanding issue.

• Like 2