Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Help needed with 3 Inland Empire Questions: My 2 year contract is about up, and I would like some help as I would like to stay with Sprint. According to maps, the Inland Empire is completely mostly covered in LTE now, BUT most of the time I only connect to 3g, and when I do connect to LTE, it is super slow: less than 200 kbs recently (even in downtown LA next to the Staples Center Thursday night). Can anyone 'in the know' explain why 1. I am not connecting to 4g the majority of time, and 2. with Network Vision mostly completed and some 3g traffic going through 4g, why is 3g still so slow? I just reviewed the latest Rootmetrics reports for Riverside (which includes greater San Bernardino area), and the median download speed for another carrier in the IE is 21.6 mb/s! I would be happy with consistent speeds of 500+ kb/s! 3. Can anyone 'in the know' disclose when higher consistent download speeds might be expected?

You should upgrade to a Spark enabled device and you will see and feel the difference.

I have the Galaxy Note 3 released barely a year ago - is it not Spark enabled? Have they even turned on Spark in the Inland Empire? To me the problem seems to be backhaul, not spectrum / bandwidth - which Spark wouldn't resolve. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like original LTE's (1900 mhz?) distance is so limited in the IE, that that is the reason I am often not on LTE. So in order for Spark to benefit me, wouldn't they have to install more towers? Also, part of the problem seems to be building penetration - another area where Spark wouldn't help. For example, I get virtually no service in any of the restaraunts on Hospitality Lane, but slow service in the parking lots ... am I wrong on any of this?

I have the Galaxy Note 3 released barely a year ago - is it not Spark enabled? Have they even turned on Spark in the Inland Empire? To me the problem seems to be backhaul, not spectrum / bandwidth - which Spark wouldn't resolve. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like original LTE's (1900 mhz?) distance is so limited in the IE, that that is the reason I am often not on LTE. So in order for Spark to benefit me, wouldn't they have to install more towers? Also, part of the problem seems to be building penetration - another area where Spark wouldn't help. For example, I get virtually no service in any of the restaraunts on Hospitality Lane, but slow service in the parking lots ... am I wrong on any of this?

Sadly the note 3 doesn't have spark on it, it was a little of shock that they didn't put spark in the note 3. The note 4 does though :) . Yes the 1900 lte is limited, with lte on 800(will match 3g coverage) then band 41 will match 1900 lte coverage with new beamform. Sprint network will be killer, Sadly you can't enjoy it like everyone who has spark.

I have the Galaxy Note 3 released barely a year ago - is it not Spark enabled?

"Spark" devices also include sprints 800mhz spectrum which is better for indoor coverage and depending on the "lay of the land" maybe give way better coverage outdoors as well. If you have signal check pro. Take note that every time you have evdo or ehnd that you should end up with lte in that location. With how the towers are tuned in my area I drop from band 25(1900mhz) to band 26 (800mhz) straight to 1x800. Completely skipping evdo all together. I hope that helps.

Edit: but completely ignore this if your in the IBEZ. I can't remember how far from the Mexican border that goes. So best of luck with your choice.

Edited by eljayyy91

I can't wait for LTE 800! As I understand it, I am not in the IBEZ, BUT Sprint hasn't rolled out any 800 mhz towers in San Bernardino County yet ... and according to a recent conversation with Sprint, there are no plans to roll out 800 megahertz within the next 6 months

I can't wait for LTE 800! As I understand it, I am not in the IBEZ, BUT Sprint hasn't rolled out any 800 mhz towers in San Bernardino County yet ... and according to a recent conversation with Sprint, there are no plans to roll out 800 megahertz within the next 6 months

As soon the rebanding has been done in SB, people in SB, OC, Riverside and Las Vegas will be able to get B26 LTE

But B41 is going live around the Inland Empire now and the speed differences are huge. If you refuse to upgrade to Triband, then you should churn. Because B25 will not improve enough in the next year or two to make you happy.

• 1 month later...

I noticed the sprint tower in east vale off of the 15 freeway on limonite had 3 extra panels on it making the total of 6 panels. Does anyone know what they are for?

Take some pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Take some pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I definitely will when I'm back in the area. I was driving on the freeway and took a quick glance and noticed them. Didn't have enough time to take my phone out and take a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was in the sprint store in east vale on limonite today and noticed the phones were connected to band 41 but my iPhone 6 was on band 25. I airplane modes on and off and still no luck. I tried to call "##update#" but it would say could not update after 1 second of pushing call. The tower is right across the street so it's not poor reception. My friend has been having the same problem as well as my cousin. And I googled it and seems a lot of people are having problems like mine. Anyone else? Any fixes? Help?

So I was in the sprint store in east vale on limonite today and noticed the phones were connected to band 41 but my iPhone 6 was on band 25. I airplane modes on and off and still no luck. I tried to call "##update#" but it would say could not update after 1 second of pushing call. The tower is right across the street so it's not poor reception. My friend has been having the same problem as well as my cousin. And I googled it and seems a lot of people are having problems like mine. Anyone else? Any fixes? Help?

You may want to post your issue in the iPhone 6 thread. More iPhone users will see it.

Here is a picture I took of the sprint tower in eastvale on limonite right off the 15 freeway with the extra panel facing each direction. Anyone know what these extra panels or antennas are for? I've noticed them on some other towers across jurupa Mira Loma and riverside

1adcd2f1ff861afffc071790085aedcc.jpg

Here is a picture I took of the sprint tower in eastvale on limonite right off the 15 freeway with the extra panel facing each direction. Anyone know what these extra panels or antennas are for? I've noticed them on some other towers across jurupa Mira Loma and riverside

Sprint 2.5 8T8R equipment. 

New site live with band 41 here in Indio, Ca got 56Mb up, 10 down really looking forward to the whole Coachella Valley getting it. ????????

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So does anyone know when this market will get band 26 or even more 41? I'm on band 25 about 35% and on 3g 65% (iphone 6). Band 26 will help tremendously in this market. Especially Ontario, specifically in and around Ontario Mills. My god data is ridiculously slow there. There's a tower less then a mile from my house and I don't even get lte from it. This is where band 26 could do wonders! Praying it's soon.

• Like 1

So does anyone know when this market will get band 26 or even more 41? I'm on band 25 about 35% and on 3g 65% (iphone 6). Band 26 will help tremendously in this market. Especially Ontario, specifically in and around Ontario Mills. My god data is ridiculously slow there. There's a tower less then a mile from my house and I don't even get lte from it. This is where band 26 could do wonders! Praying it's soon.

When public safety in San Bernadino stops dragging their feet. Sprint has to just go ballistic with B41 in the meantime.