Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Anything new?

A few LTE updates last week in the  Riverside area. keeps getting better. 

If you would like to get the latest updates on your area, I encourage you to donate, anything helps, Memberships run for 6 months after your first donation. 

A few LTE updates last week in the Riverside area. keeps getting better.

If you would like to get the latest updates on your area, I encourage you to donate, anything helps, Memberships run for 6 months after your first donation.

Thanks! I just donated! How long until the transaction goes through to see member forums? And where can I see the list of all towers and their status'?

Thanks! I just donated! How long until the transaction goes through to see member forums? And where can I see the list of all towers and their status'?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/31-interactive-s4gru-maps/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/30-s4gru-sponsors-forum/

From these sections. You can access various maps withing both sections.!

Usually Robert is pretty quick at upgrading your membership so a couple of hours, I would say. Thanks for donating and enjoy!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/31-interactive-s4gru-maps/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/30-s4gru-sponsors-forum/

From these sections. You can access various maps withing both sections.!

I'm so confused still. Aha I'm new to this. I clicked both links but I'm super confused where to look for tower status, help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donated two days ago and I still don't have access to any sponsor forums... I've emailed Robert already but still nothing. The sponsor forums keep saying "this forum is protected by a password please enter the correct password" any help? Or anyone know the password for the forums?

I donated two days ago and I still don't have access to any sponsor forums... I've emailed Robert already but still nothing. The sponsor forums keep saying "this forum is protected by a password please enter the correct password" any help? Or anyone know the password for the forums?

Looking into this now for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is kind of silly for Sprint to finally show Sprint 4G LTE (as of today, 6/23/2014) all over the inland empire when my phone Galaxy S5 only picks it up in some areas. I see coverage has improved but no way to show it all as covered.

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov

• Like 1

I think it is kind of silly for Sprint to finally show Sprint 4G LTE (as of today, 6/23/2014) all over the inland empire when my phone Galaxy S5 only picks it up in some areas. I see coverage has improved but no way to show it all as covered.

Yeah never trust their website. Sensorly is the most accurate in determining coverage

Yeah never trust their website. Sensorly is the most accurate in determining coverage

Really brings me down to see that they are showing coverage for 4G LTE where I live which isn't true since my tower is only 3g NV ((since May 2013 )) and its the only tower with in a 7 mile radius so when this bad boy goes under maintenance or a black out happens, which has been more likely during and after NV panels where installed I have to roam on Metro Pcs. But on the Bright side seeing what sprint expects to be covered in the next coming months or weeks ((fingers crossed)) really brings a smile to my face because from the lowest parts of Riverside county (( I live in Thermal, Ca)) to LA and San Diego will have a solid coverage.   :tu:  :tu:  :)   

I don't get why sprint has officially launched lte in the riverside/San Bernardino market as of today. I only get lte 25% of the time and that's when I'm on a freeway.

• Like 1

I don't get why sprint has officially launched lte in the riverside/San Bernardino market as of today. I only get lte 25% of the time and that's when I'm on a freeway.

I talked to guy that works at a sprint store but not the corporate owned ones. He oversees 8 affiliated stores including a repair center and he told me that if you file a complain for a tower with a non corporate store about your service getting slow or getting dropped calls that they speed up the Network Vision process for the tower that you connect to the most. I'm tempted to try it as only one tower is close to me with in a 6 or 7 mile radius and all it needs is fiber backhaul connected to it and then get LTE tested.

Launching is a good thing. Because now at least they acknowledge the service that is deployed and they can open up trouble tickets for you. When you are in prelaunch status, they won't do anything, ever.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Launching is a good thing. Because now at least they acknowledge the service that is deployed and they can open up trouble tickets for you. When you are in prelaunch status, they won't do anything, ever.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

So today a crew was and still is working on this tower that is a palm tree and about 2 weeks ago they worked on the one closes to me which is the monopole tower. Would that new white round attachment that is in between the Att panels and sprint panels on the monopole and the one below the NV panels on the palm tree tower mean that the towers are one step closer for LTE. Also as you can see to the left side of the palm tree there are 2 smaller and wider panels with one rru each, are these set for band 41, the rest are regular NV panels but with 2 rru's each. uploadfromtaptalk1405117901777.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405117920631.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405117931591.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405117944717.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the tower off of Sierra and jurupa in Fontana is now emitting 4g lte. Was at Wells Fargo in the shopping center where stater bros is and did a couple speed tests I was getting between 9-14 download and 5-12 upload. Finally! 3G was terrible there for months

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, new to the forum.  Just moved to Menifee about 8-9 months ago and the service at my house is terrible.  Audie murphy ranch to be exact.  Just wondering if anyone else lives in that area and experiences the same.  It looks like I just so happened to move into the absolute worst possible spot for sprint coverage, as both sensorly and the sprint website show that the approx. 1-2 square mile area that I live in does not fall into the coverage area of any nearby 4g towers :(  I just need some straight forward advice on if I should be expecting improvement or if I'm just SOL.  Have a HTC one and get dropped calls, missed calls, barely usable data/internet,... the whole deal.  thanks!

Hey guys, new to the forum. Just moved to Menifee about 8-9 months ago and the service at my house is terrible. Audie murphy ranch to be exact. Just wondering if anyone else lives in that area and experiences the same. It looks like I just so happened to move into the absolute worst possible spot for sprint coverage, as both sensorly and the sprint website show that the approx. 1-2 square mile area that I live in does not fall into the coverage area of any nearby 4g towers :( I just need some straight forward advice on if I should be expecting improvement or if I'm just SOL. Have a HTC one and get dropped calls, missed calls, barely usable data/internet,... the whole deal. thanks!

Sometimes we stop in Menifee for Texas Roadhouse. Yup. Sprint is not that good in that area. The upgrades have been slow on the l215 from March ARB to Temecula.

Hey guys, new to the forum.  Just moved to Menifee about 8-9 months ago and the service at my house is terrible.  Audie murphy ranch to be exact.  Just wondering if anyone else lives in that area and experiences the same.  It looks like I just so happened to move into the absolute worst possible spot for sprint coverage, as both sensorly and the sprint website show that the approx. 1-2 square mile area that I live in does not fall into the coverage area of any nearby 4g towers :(  I just need some straight forward advice on if I should be expecting improvement or if I'm just SOL.  Have a HTC one and get dropped calls, missed calls, barely usable data/internet,... the whole deal.  thanks!

Most of the sites are upgraded, just 1 is waiting full upgrade but they are far from your location. Maybe request an Airwave from Sprint to increase your coverage around the house?

Thanks guys.  Just had them send me an airave, so we'll see how that works.  Just wish it output 4G, but I guess that's what wifi is for anyway so no big deal.

Hope coverage increases in your area once all towers are updated and optimized.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Help needed with 3 Inland Empire Questions: My 2 year contract is about up, and I would like some help as I would like to stay with Sprint. According to maps, the Inland Empire is almost completely covered in LTE now, BUT most of the time I only connect to 3g, and when I do connect to LTE, it is super slow: less than 200 kbs recently (even in downtown LA next to the Staples Center Thursday night). Can anyone 'in the know' explain why 1. I am not connecting to 4g the majority of time, and 2. with Network Vision mostly completed and some 3g traffic migrating to 4g, why is 3g still so slow? I just reviewed the latest Rootmetrics reports for Riverside (which includes greater San Bernardino area), and the median download speed for another carrier in the IE is 21.6 mb/s! I would be happy with consistent speeds of 500+ kb/s! 3. Can anyone 'in the know' disclose when higher consistent download speeds might be expected?