Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

So I got 4G LTE today at my school here at Cal State University Of San Bernardino.i know there is a tower on campus but I've been around the entire campus and there is no tower. All there is are single panels on a couple of buildings. It's not mapped on sensorly and unfortunately I have an iphone 5. Did a couple speed tests:

Test 1: 6.23down .98up

Test 2: 5.47down 1.62up

Test 3: 5.95down 1.16up

• Like 1

So I got 4G LTE today at my school here at Cal State University Of San Bernardino.i know there is a tower on campus but I've been around the entire campus and there is no tower. All there is are single panels on a couple of buildings. It's not mapped on sensorly and unfortunately I have an iphone 5. Did a couple speed tests:

The tower is installed on the ceiling of a campus building.

That would be the top of the Phau Library. Good to see another fellow CSUSB student on this site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That would be the top of the Phau Library. Good to see another fellow CSUSB student on this site.

I only receive LTE when I'm outside. Once I step into a building it switches to terrible 3G. There are also panels on top of jack brown. Are those sprint's too?

• Like 1

I only receive LTE when I'm outside. Once I step into a building it switches to terrible 3G. There are also panels on top of jack brown. Are those sprint's too?

I'm trying to figure that out myself but since it doesn't show up as a sprint tower in the maps, I'm guessing it belongs to another carrier.

Last week Robert said that this market had legacy (slow) 3G for some reason even when LTE was up and running. Anyone know why and when it will be rectified. I'm trying to stay on but the 3G is killing me... Here is what Robert said to my post in a different thread. Thanks for any input/ insight..

Celz, on 05 Jan 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:snapback.png

While we are on the subject of Riverside/ San B.. When is 3G going to speed up? Many of the towers here have decent LTE (5mbps) but the 3G is still unusable. Is the backhaul still being completed or will 3G speed up once more LTE towers come on line? Thanks for your help guys if not for the sponsor section that shows progress I probably would have left by now..

3G speeds will go up at each site when LTE backhaul is connected. For some reason they have to leave up 3G on legacy in your area. We are getting off topic and since thisnthread has run its cpourse, we are now closing the thread.

Robert 

Last week Robert said that this market had legacy (slow) 3G for some reason even when LTE was up and running. Anyone know why and when it will be rectified. I'm trying to stay on but the 3G is killing me... Here is what Robert said to my post in a different thread. Thanks for any input/ insight..

Celz, on 05 Jan 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:snapback.png

3G speeds will go up at each site when LTE backhaul is connected. For some reason they have to leave up 3G on legacy in your area. We are getting off topic and since thisnthread has run its cpourse, we are now closing the thread.

Robert

I was asking the same thing. Robert said "for some reason they have to leave up legacy in the riverside/San Bernardino area" does that mean the 3G here is gunna stay the same old .00-30 Mbps down?

• Like 1

That sucks.. Wimax is fast I'm getting 4mbps now in Rancho. I've recently hit 11mbps in Anaheim and I've seen Sprint LTE hit similar numbers.. It's just the 3G is atrocious, almost  unusable. Hopefully we can get real 3G soon or I may have to leave. I remember the good old days when I could hit 2.8mbps on Sprint 3G back when I had my HTC Mogul..

That sucks.. Wimax is fast I'm getting 4mbps now in Rancho. I've recently hit 11mbps in Anaheim and I've seen Sprint LTE hit similar numbers.. It's just the 3G is atrocious, almost  unusable. Hopefully we can get real 3G soon or I may have to leave. I remember the good old days when I could hit 2.8mbps on Sprint 3G back when I had my HTC Mogul..

Again, you have the sponsor status to keep up with sites as they come online.  As for the legacy equipment, they cannot take down old equipment until the new equipment has been tested.  Also, the sites will come up in clusters with 3g being accepted first and 4g coming later. 

If you are not satisfied with your service, you are welcome to leave.  You can also confirm that permits are being filed with your city and make your presence known at meetings and inform them that the expedience of tower upgrades will not mutate a child’s head into an orange and that the headaches are normal for being alive. 

As I and others have stated, there are a lot of items to be checked off before a site comes online from the permit, to the backhaul, to equipment, to installation, to testing.

Again, you have the sponsor status to keep up with sites as they come online.  As for the legacy equipment, they cannot take down old equipment until the new equipment has been tested.  Also, the sites will come up in clusters with 3g being accepted first and 4g coming later. 

If you are not satisfied with your service, you are welcome to leave.  You can also confirm that permits are being filed with your city and make your presence known at meetings and inform them that the expedience of tower upgrades will not mutate a child’s head into an orange and that the headaches are normal for being alive. 

As I and others have stated, there are a lot of items to be checked off before a site comes online from the permit, to the backhaul, to equipment, to installation, to testing.

If you don't have the answer to a question why would you respond? I don't need you to repeat information that has been posted on this site and others countless times or tell me rights as a customer as I am well aware. My question is valid and still remains; why is the 3G rollout for this market different than other markets. I don't expect miracles with 4G like some people; but realistically 3G is the backbone of a mobile data network and a rough estimate as to when usable 3G is available would be helpful. So if I sounded frustrated it's because I am, and rightfully so. Just like I am free to leave if I don't like Sprint's service, you are free to not read or respond to my comments. Thanks for the input though.

Riverside and San Bernadino counties have a lot of federal and Reservation lands.  If towers or backhaul touch or pass through any of that land, you have more layers to go through to get work done. 
Legacy equipment must be maintained until the new equipment has been tested and verified with 3G being accepted first, and 4G being accepted after both backhaul and testing have been accept.

Riverside and San Bernadino counties have a lot of federal and Reservation lands.  If towers or backhaul touch or pass through any of that land, you have more layers to go through to get work done. 

Legacy equipment must be maintained until the new equipment has been tested and verified with 3G being accepted first, and 4G being accepted after both backhaul and testing have been accept.

This was always a nightmare in New Mexico.  Getting easement across Native American lands.

Robert

This was always a nightmare in New Mexico. Getting easement across Native American lands.

Robert

Just our luck. No wonder why Fontana Moreno Valley and San Bernardino and all other surrounding cities have gotten LTE & Riverside is still a deadzone. Hopefully they get things rolling so we can at least get some decent 3G here. Fingers crossed.

LTE is showing up on Iowa and Spruce. I have had horrible 3G/4G coverage here. I turned on all my LTE bands on the Nexus 5 and received a weak 4G signal in my apartment. 1.88 MBPS down and 1.24 Upload. I will continue to map the UCR area and report back. It is possible I am receiving LTE because I turned on all 3 bands of LTE on my phone. When I had the Iphone 5s I never received any 4g signal while in my apartment complex. 

Edited by CharlesDKim

I'm getting 4G LTE here in eastvale! I'm in the Taco Bell across the street from the shopping center on limonite. Did some speed tests and I was getting ping from 30-70 and 1-4mbps down and about 1 up I know there is a tower across on the other side of the freeway but I'm not sure if that's the tower that is emitting the 4g LTE signal

Did anyone else get this text from sprint?

"SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop."

Hopefully we see some more LTE turning on and those 3G clusters as well.

"SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop."

Yes. And regarding network vision upgrades I would trust this site more than a text sent to every single sprint subscriber. It's a marketing scheme to keep people from leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also got it like a week ago

I got it last night while I was at work.