Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I got St. Pete on lock. If there is a man on a tower over here you guys will be the 2nd to know trust that. In another thread though I found out exactly what the tower techs are doing. It would be real easy to miss them because the job isn't as prolonged as let's say a brand new install

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Awesome. I am going out of my way coming home from work each day trying to find anything happening. The only activity I saw was mentioned in a note yesterday, and that was activity on a tower on I-275 near downtown. Looks like they wrapped that up. Only thing I could see on my way in (the dark) to work was additional panels and a small blue light from a box emanating from where they had done work that didn't exist before.

When I go out and about on the motorcycle and venture out on some rides I will leave Sensorly running. Let's hope we see something soon.

Awesome. I am going out of my way coming home from work each day trying to find anything happening. The only activity I saw was mentioned in a note yesterday, and that was activity on a tower on I-275 near downtown. Looks like they wrapped that up. Only thing I could see on my way in (the dark) to work was additional panels and a small blue light from a box emanating from where they had done work that didn't exist before.

When I go out and about on the motorcycle and venture out on some rides I will leave Sensorly running. Let's hope we see something soon.

Could you mark that tower on a Google Map for us? Could be worth investigating.

Going to be driving around New Tampa and New Port Richie today, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for work going on in the outskirts of the greater Tampa Bay area.

Excellent. I don't get up that way often. Thought when I had a chance today I would go out through Brandon, Valrico, up 75 around Temple Terrace.

I did a ride with Sensorly going around Riverview, Fish Hawk, Valrico, Brandon, and returned all the way back on 60 and nothing out this way. Next trip will be around Wesley Chapel area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I did a ride with Sensorly going around Riverview, Fish Hawk, Valrico, Brandon, and returned all the way back on 60 and nothing out this way. Next trip will be around Wesley Chapel area.

Sometimes having Sensorly actively running while moving can delay or prevent your phone from detecting for switching to LTE. Sensroly often requires an active data connection, and it's possible for your phone to not scan for/not switch to another band (LTE) while it has an active data connection. I would always start running Sensorly after I connected to LTE.

Sometimes having Sensorly actively running while moving can delay or prevent your phone from detecting or switching to LTE. Sensroly often requires an active data connection, and it's possible for your phone to not scan for/not switch to another band (LTE) while it has an active data connection. I would always start running Sensorly after I connected to LTE.

That's actually good to know. Perhaps just streaming Pandora while riding around would do the trick.

I played around with Sensorly on my phone when i was in Atlanta to get a feel for how our would function with Sensorly. It did work ok recognizing LTE when leaving Sensorly running.

I played around with Sensorly on my phone when i was in Atlanta to get a feel for how our would function with Sensorly. It did work ok recognizing LTE when leaving Sensorly running.

Running Sensorly in KC, I would have it switch into LTE while running as well, but it is possible that it can delay the connection, and if you move through too quickly, or the LTE coverage is limited, it's possible to miss it. That's not to say it will always happen, just fair warning.

I don't run Sensorly unless I see I'm connected to LTE. Because i had problems with my GS3, EVO and Viper switching to LTE when Sensorly was running. Oddly, the GNex didn't seem to have this problem.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

I'm trying to think of ways that I can help sniff out completed NV sites since I don't actually own an LTE phone (12/1/12 I will). Do you guys know of a PRL that will sniff out 1xA, either 1900mhz or 800mhz, first? And assuming there is such a PRL I can use, how would I be able to identify that I am indeed connected to 1xA?

Cool. I hope one of us runs across LTE soon in the Tampa Bay area. Though i think we will have better luck finding the runaway monkey that has been evading those trying to find it in St Pete for the longest time.

• Like 1

So I'm up in Clearwater on the way to Dunedin.. I think NV is completed where ever this site I was connected to was uploadfromtaptalk1350743430640.jpg

Well that certainly is an excellent result. Maybe Robert or another staff member could confirm for us?

Cool. I hope one of us runs across LTE soon in the Tampa Bay area. Though i think we will have better luck finding the runaway monkey that has been evading those trying to find it in St Pete for the longest time.

He's probably hanging out at the first LTE site.

Well that certainly is an excellent result. Maybe Robert or another staff member could confirm for us?

We may see something pop up on tomorrows update.

• Like 1

Just to add fuel to the fire I was in the CompUSA and the guy was pimping Sprint hard I mean hard. Finally I said that I didn't like Sprint because of the speeds and couldn't go with them. He then says to me that Sprint will be seeing some upgrades very soon in this area. I laughed cuz he ain't telling me nothing I don't already know but asked him how he knows. Then he tells me that they have a in at Sprint and that's why they are pushing hard in this area. He said that we should start to see testing sites in Dec and a rollout in Jan, Feb time frame. By now I stop laughing and want to stab him with the pen at the register. He was giving me just enough information to make me believe he was credible but the info he was giving wasn't what I wanted to hear either.

I'm not sure how accurate he was but the store seemed to be all about selling Sprint service and I have never seen that.

• Like 1

I'm trying to think of ways that I can help sniff out completed NV sites since I don't actually own an LTE phone (12/1/12 I will). Do you guys know of a PRL that will sniff out 1xA, either 1900mhz or 800mhz, first? And assuming there is such a PRL I can use, how would I be able to identify that I am indeed connected to 1xA?

There is that prl in the download section here that has all the 800smr sids added. It doesn't have LTE enabled in it but you don't have an LTE phone anyways. I will have one for LTE phones soon though.

800smr isn't always active though even if LTE is.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

There is that prl in the download section here that has all the 800smr sids added. It doesn't have LTE enabled in it but you don't have an LTE phone anyways. I will have one for LTE phones soon though.

800smr isn't always active though even if LTE is.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Awesome I'll check it out.

one of the first working 4g in tampa, was around 41 and Adamo, i used to always hit it on the drive, and then it went away. So i'd keep an eye on that area, fyi that's the area just west of the strip clubs, and east of ikea.

..are you saying Wimax or LTE