Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Does anyone know of a way to check if a iPhone 5 is currently connected to eHRPD? I tried to see if speed test.net would indicate but it only shows cellular.

I don't know of a way.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Is there a handy Android app that displays all the same information of the Field Test app? The reason I ask is because the custom ROM I use doesn't actually allow me access to the Field Test function.

It is hard to find any app that will properly display details about LTE signal strength and IDs that are shown on the LTE Engineering screen of the LTE-capable handsets. If you are just interested in details of your CDMA connections (1x and EVDO), try the CDMA Field Test app. That includes showing eHRPD status on an LTE-capable device.

It is hard to find any app that will properly display details about LTE signal strength and IDs that are shown on the LTE Engineering screen of the LTE-capable handsets. If you are just interested in details of your CDMA connections (1x and EVDO), try the CDMA Field Test app. That includes showing eHRPD status on an LTE-capable device.

Thanks, just downloaded it and it looks to about what I am looking for. Is there a way it can tell you what channel you are on?

Thanks, just downloaded it and it looks to about what I am looking for. Is there a way it can tell you what channel you are on?

No, I don't think CDMA Field Test or similar apps show that information, which on my GS3 is available on the hidden engineering screens for 1x, EVDO and LTE respectively. Why is the channel significant to you?

No, I don't think CDMA Field Test or similar apps show that information, which on my GS3 is available on the hidden engineering screens for 1x, EVDO and LTE respectively. Why is the channel significant to you?

Unfortunately I can't access those engineering screens because of this ROM. I was just curious to see what channels I bounce around in a given area and so I could see how/if this would change during the network vision upgrades.

OK, which one of you guys is taking a ride to map the new site down at Channelside or so I need to do it myself lol?

Don't have an LTE phone so I can't be of any help for the time being. I'm holding off purchasing until some of the coverage gaps in a few areas decrease.

OK, which one of you guys is taking a ride to map the new site down at Channelside or so I need to do it myself lol?

I drive by the area every day on my way to and from work. Where specifically is this new site at Channelside located? Also, other than the Miami area work going on, does anyone know of any active work going on in the Tampa Bay area, or perhaps Orlando?

Take a look at the Sponser map where the yellow blip is. Its funny I used to live in Brandon and work in St. Pete. I would take the crosstown every day to work. its almost in the same area where I first spotted Wimax 2 years ago, i want to say it was about Nov they launched. I bets its the same tower.

Take a look at the Sponser map where the yellow blip is. Its funny I used to live in Brandon and work in St. Pete. I would take the crosstown every day to work. its almost in the same area where I first spotted Wimax 2 years ago, i want to say it was about Nov they launched. I bets its the same tower.

I checked the map and only see the one off Jackson. I drive by that one every day. I haven't had any luck with getting anything other than the eHRPD I get as I drive through downtown. I keep an open eye for construction everyday, but wonder if Orlando, or perhaps the mention now of Sarasota/Bradenton will beat us out. Someone else may know something, but I don't think anything is going on in our area yet.

Looks like that one is inside the Forum. Not sure if you are going to have much luck picking up a signal outside and as there are no Lightning games in there right now...

I'm hardcore for LTE dude..I'll go for it..I'm surprised there is not more folks in the Tampa area

Yeah me too. You think with 2.5 million people in the bay area we would have some more people monitoring this forum.

It might not be on the inside could be on the roof there.. I need to get some cash so I can be a premier sponsor and could tell.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I went a few blocks out of my way today and went down Channelside, as well as right up to the front door of the Tampa Times Forum... nothing but eHRPD. My gut tells me there really isn't any work in our area going on yet.

Although I don't know who the work was being done for on this tower, it was the first tower work I have personally seen myself in the area for a while now. One of the major towers off of I-275 near downtown had a guy working in the second group of antennas from the top of the tower. There was a guy propped right inside the second group of antennas near I-275 and Rome St. http://goo.gl/maps/P5oxo

As I have mentioned before, I travel daily between Riverview and Tama Intl Airport. I should be able to get some photos of the completed work tomorrow.

After further looking into the site, according to the antenna search database, these entities are shown on this tower: Nextel License Holdings 1, Inc., Clearwire Spectrum Holdings Iii Llc, Fibertower Network Services Corp.

So, not sure if it means anything for us, or just wishful thinking....

• Like 3

The crews have completed work on towers near me and even though they said they were with AT&T i have not noticed a difference. With the Iphone 5 when LTE become available will it display it instead of 3g? Does anyone know when sites will be going hot? i spoke to a rep with sprint and 1 told me within 2 weeks then another tole me by the end of the year.

The crews have completed work on towers near me and even though they said they were with AT&T i have not noticed a difference. With the Iphone 5 when LTE become available will it display it instead of 3g? Does anyone know when sites will be going hot? i spoke to a rep with sprint and 1 told me within 2 weeks then another tole me by the end of the year.

There are likely sites receiving deployment now. There may be some sporadic and isolated LTE sites in the next few weeks. However, they will not have a prelaunch amount of service until closer to the end of the year.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Anyone else seeing any crews doing work in St. Pete or anywhere else in the Tampa Bay area? I don't get into St Pete much and run Sensorly constantly as well as looking for tower work but not seeing much.

One thing I am wondering about, could we see something light up soon in Sarasota/Bradenton soon as well with the other market announcement recently? I only say that because of the speed of some of the other outer markets like Ft Wayne In.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else seeing any crews doing work in St. Pete or anywhere else in the Tampa Bay area? I don't get into St Pete much and run Sensorly constantly as well as looking for tower work but not seeing much.

I got St. Pete on lock. If there is a man on a tower over here you guys will be the 2nd to know trust that. In another thread though I found out exactly what the tower techs are doing. It would be real easy to miss them because the job isn't as prolonged as let's say a brand new install

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2