Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

The only thing I am seeing is better pings than in the last few months, speeds are still what they are but for some reason my ping times have decreased in some areas by as much as a few hundred ms..

Have you actually seen any work on any Sprint towers? I haven't seen any in New Tampa so far. Based on how they deployed towards the outskirts of other major cities I thought I would see any upgrades first.

Starting this thread even though there is a St Petersburg thread as some individuals might be missing that.

Please post any updates on LTE and Network vision deployments in the Tampa Bay area here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I also seen tower work near my home in pinellas park (us19), i stopped and asked that also said they were with AT&T. They have been working on the tower for 4 days now setting new equipment with a crane. On my way to work i spotted another crew again AT&T on 4th street near gandy upgrading that site. Interesting that AT&T is doing all these upgades when sprint is rolling out their LTE.

Speaking of that Site. I drove by today and there was a crew on that pole again. I thought it was the same crew but these guys seemed to be all dressed alike in red shirts. The one I saw in Gulfport were not dressed like that and the one I saw a week ago were not dressed in red. They also seemed to be working on the Site below the one I saw last week.

Ok just got back from a tower I saw some guys working on here in Pinellas county.

This was the same tower I stopped at a week ago and found out they were working on AT&T cell equip this time I stopped because it looked like they were working on a different site. I didn't know it was the same crew though. He said they are still doing AT&T but without a prompt from me mentioned they just got work from Sprint.

We talked a bit more and this time I mentioned that they would be getting the Sprint work soon huh? He says we already are working it in Gainesville and Tampa. Good guy I think and because I didn't mention it it first I think work has likely started in the area. Keep your eyes open guys

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Ok just got back from a tower I saw some guys working on here in Pinellas county.

This was the same tower I stopped at a week ago and found out they were working on AT&T cell equip this time I stopped because it looked like they were working on a different site. I didn't know it was the same crew though. He said they are still doing AT&T but without a prompt from me mentioned they just got work from Sprint.

We talked a bit more and this time I mentioned that they would be getting the Sprint work soon huh? He says we already are working it in Gainesville and Tampa. Good guy I think and because I didn't mention it it first I think work has likely started in the area. Keep your eyes open guys

Great tip Feech. I'll keep everyone on this particular page posted if I see anything around New Tampa.

Here is another nugget. Apparently, I have sort of a connection to the guy that runs the tower division at the company. I guess I worked with him back in the day. Got his number and may give him a call.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Robert or one of the other more experienced guys can help me. My girlfriends son has a football game tomorrow next door to the Trop tomorrow. According to the NV Sites Complete Map 3G is complete and 4G may be too.

Since I will be at this godforsaken field for at least 4 hours tomorrow I was wondering if anyone has some advice to try to connect or how I would know I was connected to the right tower? Is there something specific I should be doing or test I should be running. Should I flash a stock Sense Rom before going? Maybe try both Roms? Any advice would be appreciated

I'm hoping Robert or one of the other more experienced guys can help me. My girlfriends son has a football game tomorrow next door to the Trop tomorrow. According to the NV Sites Complete Map 3G is complete and 4G may be too.

Since I will be at this godforsaken field for at least 4 hours tomorrow I was wondering if anyone has some advice to try to connect or how I would know I was connected to the right tower? Is there something specific I should be doing or test I should be running. Should I flash a stock Sense Rom before going? Maybe try both Roms? Any advice would be appreciated

I would be on a stock ROM (or at least one definitely verified that LTE works) and a 25XXX series PRL. Don't forget to cycle through airplane mode.

Robert

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm at the stadium.. I can only confirm that Ehrpd is active.. I'm not getting LTE though and I'm in the parking lot.. Had to cycle airplane mode to get to Ehrpd too not sure if I had to but I did. Also changed my settings to automatic instead of home in the network settings. Speeds are decent in the area and I'm driving around the area to see if it will switch to 4G..Also took the case off my phone to see if there is any difference here's some pics to keep you guys entertained

reje3upy.jpg

ery4y3a6.jpg

uzejyza2.jpg

• Like 2

So I have driving all downtown St. Petersburg and haven't lost Ehrpd at all. I'm using a bunch of stuff Open Signal Maps, Sensorly, and CDMA field test. What I'm trying to figure out is if I'm connected to the same tower at the Trop of if there is something else broadcasting.. 7e2ubujy.jpg

Point A is at the Trop point B is as far as I went and still held it.

va4emune.jpg

I know people don't trust Open Signal but I did a screen anyway of where it says the tower/antenna is I'm connected to. Might be a rooftop someplace down here, definitely plenty of them.

And we already know this but the EVO LTE has some issues I don't think with just connecting to LTE but to data in general. I had to do a power cycle to get my data connection back a few times, looking at the screen it kept telling me connecting but never connected even with a airplane toggle and CDMA/LTE toggle

You can force it to lte only in the ##DATA screen too.

I would always leave the network settings on automatic unless you have some odd account that doesn't have roaming.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Ok, so I'm at the stadium.. I can only confirm that Ehrpd is active.. I'm not getting LTE though and I'm in the parking lot.. Had to cycle airplane mode to get to Ehrpd too not sure if I had to but I did. Also changed my settings to automatic instead of home in the network settings. Speeds are decent in the area and I'm driving around the area to see if it will switch to 4G..Also took the case off my phone to see if there is any difference here's some pics to keep you guys entertained

reje3upy.jpg

ery4y3a6.jpg

uzejyza2.jpg

Very good speeds!

Wow, great work bro! That doesn't look like a stock ROM though. I'm really depressed with how fast the South Florida Network Vision updates are coming... or I should say aren't coming... Lol, maybe the birds and rain were just too much for Sprint to handle. Considering my area in central Broward doesn't have any eHRPD anywhere I think we have a long way to go in Broward yet. :(

Wow, great work bro! That doesn't look like a stock ROM though. I'm really depressed with how fast the South Florida Network Vision updates are coming... or I should say aren't coming... Lol, maybe the birds and rain were just too much for Sprint to handle. Considering my area in central Broward doesn't have any eHRPD anywhere I think we have a long way to go in Broward yet. :(

You're right unfortunately , I tried to flash a Sense ROM this morning and it was going to take longer than I had so I had to roll with the CM10. The good part is that that area down there is pretty accessible so I may go back in a few days or so with Stock.

So I have some other things from the day too about the EVO LTE. I'm not sure what the deal with this phone is but its wacky. I am running CM10 so I could blame it on that but there are plenty of people having the same problem on stock.

During the game (which they lost :() I was constantly playing with the phone seeing if I could get LTE. During this time I saw that the network state kept saying connecting, and it was during these times that I had no internet at all. I could power cycle and get it to come back though. When I left the game I looked and again it said connecting but depending on what I was doing I had internet. On the way home and even now my phone still has that connecting in the network state and stayed like that all the way to the house which is about 7 miles away. Also during that time my Network Type always and still says Ehrpd and never changed. When I run Open Signal it says I am connected to Ehrpd, and CDMA Field says I am connected to Ehrpd. Unless Robert has some crazy update tomorrow in this market (please say you do) I don't believe it. It seems to still be stuck to the site at the Tropicana Field somehow. I couldn't run a speed test because it gave me a message that I had network issues (connecting?) but I was able to use Shazam to find the name of a sone I was listening to on the radio (I'm assuming it uses a network connection to query a database) I can go online to Yahoo.com but when I opened Maps it said it needed a data connection. Can this phone possibly hold 2 connections somehow? I can explain it. I will say that if regular people with EVO are having issues like this then I can see why the new network is getting bashed and Sprint need to step up quick before it starts getting into places like LA and New York..