Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

• 2 weeks later...

Its ok no band 41 so speeds are not the greatest but its usable in most areas I went to there.

Band41 is alive and well in Sarasota. The tower at Bahia Vista and Beneva has it as well as down by Clark and various other locations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Band41 is alive and well in Sarasota. The tower at Bahia Vista and Beneva has it as well as down by Clark and various other locations

Im glad its looking good down there. Might be down there this summer. The last time I was there was Christmas Eve 2014 and Sprint was really slow.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates from the Tampa area. In the City, Mobilitie has just applied for another RoW permit, but no details are available yet. Of the four B41 mini macro permits pulled, one is up for final inspection today. If we have any lurkers in New Tampa, please drive by 16200 Bruce B Downs Blvd (the fire station) to see if it's live. No inspection on the other three.

Of the three Clearwater permits, one is up for inspection tomorrow. So there is some tangible progress it seems!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks like Mobilitie's February was a mere registration, but last week they applied for new RoW poles. This time in much better locations and the plans are actually being reviewed/approved unlike their last attempt. One of the locations is literally next to the main Sprint store in the area.

If you search for Mobilitie here you will see the permit and all of the drawings.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly, Sprint let two of the City of Tampa permits expire, but did complete work on the other two. I just don't get why you file for permits and then don't follow through.

Mobilitie is continuing to work its way through the process and filed revised plans right before the 4th of July holiday. Hopefully, they will get the green light soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be at risk of looking crazy as the only participant in this thread, but I thought it would be good to keep a record of changes in case we get more Tampa-based participants.

Sadly, Sprint let two of the City of Tampa permits expire, but did complete work on the other two. I just don't get why you file for permits and then don't follow through.

Mobilitie is continuing to work its way through the process and filed revised plans right before the 4th of July holiday. Hopefully, they will get the green light soon.

One of the expired permits (BLD-17-0449236) was reissued and work completed in the last couple of weeks. Final inspection is due tomorrow. So far no activity on the other permit, but based on the quick turnaround it looks like they aren't letting permits expire for no reason anymore.  :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you spotted any small cells in Tampa?

I’ve seen one or two small cells, but wasn’t able to identify the carrier. Admittedly, I don’t go into the often enough to notice.

There are a few 5 + that look like outdoor DAS around Amalie Arena

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.941244,-82.4550704,3a,84.7y,330.34h,108.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssMdVo5iAKch-XLcyUDsUEw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It would take someone going down there to figure all the companies that are really on the site. Sprint used a similar setup in madison market for odas.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flompholph said:

There are a few 5 + that look like outdoor DAS around Amalie Arena

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.941244,-82.4550704,3a,84.7y,330.34h,108.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssMdVo5iAKch-XLcyUDsUEw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It would take someone going down there to figure all the companies that are really on the site. Sprint used a similar setup in madison market for odas.

That looks like a Commscope FlexWave Prism remote unit. Both Sprint and Verizon use those in the Los Angeles market.  Verizon typically has the model that is taller and supports more modules.  It’s hard to tell from that picture which exact model it is.