Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

LTE lit up near the Piscataway library today.

thats awesome, I know they be been working I had great coverage by and in my house for 2 days then by my house stopped but other areas had it think they turned off one of the towers during work

Rutgers has some pretty good coverage in NB/Piscataway. About half of Busch has coverage (the half along 18, before it turns into Hoes Ln), 18 between Busch and College Ave has full bars and large parts of College Ave are covered (Just about reaches the campus center bust stop). Someone already mapped a good portion on Sensorly, I mapped some more earlier today but it hasn't updated yet. 

Overall 3G is a lot better on Busch as well.

Edited by Zmanwithaplan

Rutgers has some pretty good coverage in NB/Piscataway. About half of Busch has coverage (the half along 18, before it turns into Hoes Ln), 18 between Busch and College Ave has full bars and large parts of College Ave are covered (Just about reaches the campus center bust stop). Someone already mapped a good portion on Sensorly, I mapped some more earlier today but it hasn't updated yet. 

Overall 3G is a lot better on Busch as well.

You did the mapping?

Why didnt you do wimax mapping? 95% of it was me. :(

You did the mapping?

Why didnt you do wimax mapping? 95% of it was me. :(

Just learned iphones can't map on sensorly :/ that explains why those maps haven't updated... Well Rutgers starts back up in a week, I'm sure someone will map it.

If it helps, those wimax maps look really nice! NB/Piscataway campus has some really good wimax coverage.

Just learned iphones can't map on sensorly :/ that explains why those maps haven't updated... Well Rutgers starts back up in a week, I'm sure someone will map it.

If it helps, those wimax maps look really nice! NB/Piscataway campus has some really good wimax coverage.

I wish my phone did the grey mapping in no service area.

The Busch student center is the end of coverage, anything north of that has none, but the map makes it unclear if theres no wimax or thats where I stopped mapping

I just had LTE In Chesterfield, northern Burlington County.  I believe that this is far enough from Philadelphia that it it must be a South Jersey tower.  I mapped it on Sensorly.  Don't see it yet.  Tried to do a speedtest but wasn't able to get a network connection.  Probably testing of some sort.

• Like 1

I'm getting LTE (12.43mbps down/ 3.01mbps up) across the Bridgewater commons starting this morning 

That's good news. I was in Somerville last week and saw an Alcatel Lucent van in the parking lot across from the train station. The building there has a Sprint site on the roof I believe. Could mean nothing but I still got a little excited. 

I just had LTE In Chesterfield, northern Burlington County.  I believe that this is far enough from Philadelphia that it it must be a South Jersey tower.  I mapped it on Sensorly.  Don't see it yet.  Tried to do a speedtest but wasn't able to get a network connection.  Probably testing of some sort.

It's actually a tower in the Central Jersey market...still no LTE love for South Jersey. Delaware just had it's first LTE accepted tower go live just this week though, so activity is happening all around. Hopefully LTE is only weeks away somewhere in SNJ...

• Like 1

It's actually a tower in the Central Jersey market...still no LTE love for South Jersey. Delaware just had it's first LTE accepted tower go live just this week though, so activity is happening all around. Hopefully LTE is only weeks away somewhere in SNJ...

Princeton and Trenton are considered to be in the Southern Jersey market according the this map and text. Chesterfield is well south of Trenton. Do you think the LTE signal might have come from Pennsylvania whose border is about 5 miles away?

(Alcatel Lucent has begun Network Vision/LTE deployments in the Southern Jersey market. The market includes Trenton, Camden, Atlantic City, Princeton, Cherry Hill, Vineland, Millville and Cape May. 302 sites total. Click on Map to Enlarge.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Nope.  MReiser4670 is correct.  That Chesterfield site is considered a Central Jersey site.  If you see the northernmost part of the South Jersey market, the tower is just east of that cut-off point.  Any of the sites that are directly east of there are considered the Central Jersey market (even if they're south of Princeton or Trenton).

Not sure if I helped here.

• Like 1

Long Beach Island does have two LTE towers. Im a bit confused by the way they carve up the markets. If you look at a tower in say Cape May county the title of the tower is "Philadelphia/Mt Laurel" market.

I am a bit suprised by the lack of LTE this summer, but I chalk that up to the Dish/Softbank issues. I hope that now that issue is over, we will get a more definitive schedule. I live in North Wildwood, I never got Wimax, I don't have LTE yet, and during the summer I can only use my phone for text 80% of the time because of network congestion. ATT and Verizon have LTE here and do not have these issues. Sometimes being a Sprint customer feels like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football, Im giving them until May to put in LTE. 

I mapping LTE on Sensorly in a remote area below Allentown NJ. Found the tower which happend to be in someone's back yard. 4g signal was very inconsistent and didn't go too far. I hope there will be an improvement from this tower in the future.

Still no LTE at all around West Deptford down to Sicklerville via Rt. 42.  It was nice to see that accepted LTE site last week.  Was it the first of many?  Last week I struggled to stream TuneIn radio @ 32kbps (very intermittent even with 15 second buffering).  Today, the drive was only interrupted once, which is nice. 

Lee

West Deptford, NJ

HTC One