Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

But there is a huge hole for lte because of the non upgraded tower i finally got good pictures 7bb5df5cb12b6a366f41a4391acccde8.jpgef9913cb453a01f3030832d5c58e7bbe.jpg3d7fa2d8b9f83cc550bfef392cae0a01.jpgdb3bac472e12ad7d525cac32467dc1e6.jpg4121e1e4f15b3f8020cb502241a6c75a.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Good GMO pics!

I'm aware but if the phone can connect to a usable LTE signal, it's gonna do it regardless of the distance

Good GMO pics!

I'm aware but if the phone can connect to a usable LTE signal, it's gonna do it regardless of the distance

Does it look like this one can get upgraded to a full build...

Does it look like this one can get upgraded to a full build...

Any GMO can get upgraded to a full build. The RRUs and base cabinets there are capable of running LTE. They need to replace the antennas, hook the RRUs up on the pole the antennas are on, and they obviously need upgraded backhaul.

Any GMO can get upgraded to a full build. The RRUs and base cabinets there are capable of running LTE. They need to replace the antennas, hook the RRUs up on the pole the antennas are on, and they obviously need upgraded backhaul.

Hmm i have more pictures c5073b9462e0498cadccd569c5e361b7.jpg

CA is live in Camden and I am on LTE all the time speeds are above 50 Mbps, close proximity to Philly I guess and upgrades are going fast in Philly looks like for pope visit.

Sprint is still in the process of upgrading all over new Jersey

• 2 weeks later...

We were down in Mt. Laurel area along Rt. 73 the other week and service was kind of disappointing. At the shopping center with the Apple Store and LL Bean you would sometimes have LTE outside but once inside you would drop down to 3G which at three bars was more or less useless. Page loads were over a minute. Tried toggling airplane mode a bunch of times but it didn't really help and just seems exhausting after awhile. Even LTE seemed sluggish. It's the same pattern as where I live. Anything built within the last 15 years will most likely have subpar coverage. 

We were down in Mt. Laurel area along Rt. 73 the other week and service was kind of disappointing. At the shopping center with the Apple Store and LL Bean you would sometimes have LTE outside but once inside you would drop down to 3G which at three bars was more or less useless. Page loads were over a minute. Tried toggling airplane mode a bunch of times but it didn't really help and just seems exhausting after awhile. Even LTE seemed sluggish. It's the same pattern as where I live. Anything built within the last 15 years will most likely have subpar coverage.

You will also have to give them time build out and do you have a triband phone

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You will also have to give them time build out and do you have a triband phone

Yes. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. They still haven't finished Network Visoon so I'm not gonna hold my breathe for the latest build out. The Jersey markets are way behind schedule if you ask me.

Yes. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. They still haven't finished Network Visoon so I'm not gonna hold my breathe for the latest build out. The Jersey markets are way behind schedule if you ask me.

I understand that...mine goes to roaming but they haven't finished here where I live

Once the shutdown happens, what does Sprint have to do to the clear sites to get CA up and running beside upgraded backhaul??

They have to do the remaining software and hardware upgrades

• 2 weeks later...

Down Wildwood this weekend and I must say the service is much improved from last year. Pretty much sat on B41 all weekend, and B26 when needed. All of the places I went to last year with bad service are great now, could use a little optimization on B26 still but it's a great experience here now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Now I understand why LTE progress has stalled in South Jersey. Most of the towers that do not have LTE are GMOs. GMOs will not be upgraded until the very end. At least that is my understanding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now I understand why LTE progress has stalled in South Jersey. Most of the towers that do not have LTE are GMOs. GMOs will not be upgraded until the very end. At least that is my understanding.

GMOS are a pain to upgrade especially permitting and other issues

• 3 weeks later...