iPhone 5 data connectivty issues

irev210

Doesn't seem like a Network issue, more like a sprint network -to-iPhone 5 compatibility issue. I have only spoken to one smart sprint tech rep and he told me the new iPhone 5 uses the sim card for its 3G/4gLTE. Because this is the first time sprint has ever used sim cards for its data network it's cause quite an issue, but I don't blame them 100% because it is Apples hardware that is causing the issue.

Seems to technical for me to explain or even understand but simply the CDMA and data 3G/4g sim card aren't working in-sync with one another. I just hope sprint and apple fix the issue ASAP

Doesn't seem like a Network issue, more like a sprint network -to-iPhone 5 compatibility issue. I have only spoken to one smart sprint tech rep and he told me the new iPhone 5 uses the sim card for its 3G/4gLTE. Because this is the first time sprint has ever used sim cards for its data network it's cause quite an issue, but I don't blame them 100% because it is Apples hardware that is causing the issue.

Seems to technical for me to explain or even understand but simply the CDMA and data 3G/4g sim card aren't working in-sync with one another. I just hope sprint and apple fix the issue ASAP

The iPhone 5 is the 1st Sprint LTE phone to have a removable SIM Card. All the other LTE devices have a fixed, non-removable SIM Card. So that tech is full of garbage and doesn't know what he's talking about. That is just like some Sprint techs who tell customers to remove their battery on the EVO LTE.

The iPhone 5 is the 1st Sprint LTE phone to have a removable SIM Card. All the other LTE devices have a fixed, non-removable SIM Card. So that tech is full of garbage and doesn't know what he's talking about. That is just like some Sprint techs who tell customers to remove their battery on the EVO LTE.

Well I can see were your coming from because I have heard the S3 having a sim card but it can't be removed. But one thing is for sure not a network issue, seems like everyone in different parts of the US are having the problem. I hope apple comes out with a iOS update or sprint with a prl/profile update

Well I can see were your coming from because I have heard the S3 having a sim card but it can't be removed. But one thing is for sure not a network issue' date=' seems like everyone in different parts of the US are having the problem. I hope apple comes out with a iOS update or sprint with a prl/profile update[/quote']

Usually Apple will release an update that fixes most issues within 2 months of release.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I think it's a provision issue.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/485099#485099

When you are connected to 3G, how do you tell if you are connected to CDMA or eHRPD? I can't seem to figure it out.

eHRPD is only available to LTE capable devices. Pre-LTE devices will only show EVDO for 3G.

Robert

eHRPD is only available to LTE capable devices. Pre-LTE devices will only show EVDO for 3G.

Robert

Sorry Robert a friend has the new iPhone 5 and I wanted to see the ehrpd in abq. I guess I should have clarified.

Sorry Robert a friend has the new iPhone 5 and I wanted to see the ehrpd in abq. I guess I should have clarified.

Sorry. I don't know anything about the settings or screen in iOS.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I have not had any time to play with the iPhone 5 on any carrier, but it strikes me that both Verizon and Rogers have had issues with the IP Multimedia Subsystem core in LTE. Maybe the reason that the iPhone is having issues has something to do with how it connects to the IP Multimedia Subsystem. I wonder if the reason Sprint embedded the SIM cards has something to do with this. I would much rather Sprint have had no embedded SIM's, and allowed them to be swapped like every other GSM provider I know of on the planet. Then, if any IMS or eHRPD issues popped up, Sprint could work through them, much like Verizon did.

A couple of weeks ago I posted all of the screens in the Field Test (*3001#12345#*). If ehrpd is available, it will be here.

If you can't find my thread, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the reason that the iPhone is having issues has something to do with how it connects to the IP Multimedia Subsystem. I wonder if the reason Sprint embedded the SIM cards has something to do with this. I would much rather Sprint have had no embedded SIM's, and allowed them to be swapped like every other GSM provider I know of on the planet.

The iPhone has a Sprint-branded removable SIM that does control LTE connections. If it's the card's fault, that can be replaced, but I'm skeptical that's the problem.

A couple of weeks ago I posted all of the screens in the Field Test (*3001#12345#*). If ehrpd is available, it will be here.

If you can't find my thread, let me know.

Thanks Bollar. I will search for it.

The iPhone has a Sprint-branded removable SIM that does control LTE connections. If it's the card's fault, that can be replaced, but I'm skeptical that's the problem.

I don't think it's the sim, either.

4G seems to work fine (where available).

• 3 months later...

I also have these issues in San Francisco, I get randomly dropped to 1x and when that occurs nothing works (iMessage, calls, texts, data, etc). Toggling airplane mode fixes it temporarily though.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I have lost all data functions even though the phone says 3G. Anyone else have this issue? Sprint is saying that it could be a known issue soon because they had multiple people call today about that. It could be an iPhone only issue.