Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Very nice! I see six separate blobs on San Diego now! Hopefully all these areas fill in. Sprint has got to love this- they should be mapping with sensorly too!

Settle down, I know you're excited about 4G LTE in the San Diego area, we'll get to mapping when we can.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bookert- are you- are you mapping yet? You're not testing are you? Bookert?

I mapped the Poinsettia Lane stretch & the La Jolla Colony Drive, and have and have had Sensorly running anytime I've been moving around the car throughout Southern California. How about you Iansilv? Have you been mapping?

a6ugytam.jpgCan't claim credit for this one but someone was able report 4G LTE via Sensorly at the west end of State Freeway 52 at I-5 and on I-5, just above State Freeway 52

: D. I guess I was tripping when I had sensorly on with 4G points showing up and 4G indication showing up. That day was going to do a speed test but when I went back on a second trip that hour 4G was gone. There was a truck there next to the site off the side of the 5 freeway so I guess they were testing.

• Like 1

Update on the La Jolla/Gilman site: just drive through on the way to an appointment and it's back on. Got better speeds that last time from speed test but I lost the screenshot. Mapped it in sensorly though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Update on the La Jolla/Gilman site: just drive through on the way to an appointment and it's back on. Got better speeds that last time from speed test but I lost the screenshot. Mapped it in sensorly though.

That's good to see. When I did drove around through that La Jolla/UTC/Golden Triangle cluster last week, I was able to pick up 4G LTE, however ping times were bad. On the first three speedtests I ranged anywhere from 278-678ms ping time. On the 4th one I got a decent ping of 119ms.

That's good to see. When I didn't drove around through that La Jolla/UTC/Golden Triangle cluster last week, I was able to pick up 4G LTE, however ping times were bad. On the first three speedtests I ranged anywhere from 278-678ms ping time. On the 4th one I got a decent ping of 119ms.

It was comparable to the speeds that you got in Carlsbad area from speedtest.net, I only got around 14Mbps instead of 21 but it was a marked improvement over the 3Mbs I got last time. Regardless, I find that to be extremely promising that Sprint is working to provide quality speeds from their LTE sites. Hopefully this will also translate into broader coverage over the SD area in general. I would seriously consider trading all the 4g in the world not to switch b/w roaming and Sprint 3g at work. (805 & Sorrento Valley) It just kills my battery.

There is a completed tower in Santee i think according to the member-only maps on here. Anyone seeing LTE out there?

There is also one up on north side of Oceanside near Camp Pendleton. Waiting to hear a confirm on that one too.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Just did some more mapping today for the past 30 minutes. Did from Governor drive down to Regents and the 52. Took 52 to La Jolla Scenic N. Tried to map some of the neighborhoods with no success. Went up scenic to LJV and back down Gilman to La Jolla Colony. Did a speed test there and then mapped Charmont back to Nobel. Sensorly should update with everything.

post-10005-13602778879809_thumb.jpgpost-10005-1360277899996_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There is a completed tower in Santee i think according to the member-only maps on here. Anyone seeing LTE out there?

I haven't gotten any LTE in Santee for several days now. I am hoping they turn it back on soon.

Updated the Sponsor maps to include newly accepted sites in the San Diego market. LTE (2) and 3G (8). More details: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/617-network-vision-site-map-san-diego-riversidesan-bernardino-and-las-vegas-markets/page__view__findpost__p__103368

Robert

• Like 1

Nothing in Santee showing up on Sensorly yet. I'll see if I can remedy that tonight.

The La Mesa mapping turned out pretty good. I couldn't get to some of the streets because they're in apartment complexes. No gates, but it didn't seem right.

How can I find out about the site on Waring Rd @ Orctutt Ave.? Is that in the Premier Sponsor area? There are four light poles with antennas (RRU's?) labeled AT&T Mobility, a power meter labeled Cricket, and this thing (see picture)

IMG_20130208_103549.JPG

It says:

Site I.D.# CA45685

FCC# 1269726

What does this mean when the upload exceeds the download speed. This was taken along the Carlsbad I-5/Poinsettia Lane cluster.

On a new site in an unlaunched market, absolutely nothing. This has happened a lot. Can be related to ongoing work at the site. Could be related to backhaul provisioning. But it most likely is related to the LTE core which is brand new and still probably being configured. Also, that ping time is very high for LTE.

Robert

No Active 4G signal in Santee yet.

What does this mean when the upload exceeds the download speed. This was taken along the Carlsbad I-5/Poinsettia Lane cluster.

In la Mesa I did multiple speed tests that were all over the place with ping times, and upload and down load speeds. If I sat in one spot and did more than 3 speed tests it seemed to stabilize.

No Active 4G signal in Santee yet.

Did you try both sites that have been accepted?

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Mapped for about 30 min today around the Escondido site but I was unable to pick up LTE at all. Can't wait til its live and widespread. Haven't been able to pick up any at Carmel mountain either.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Wow the one on I-5 Gilman drive is having issues. Last weekend when it was running I got 23-24Mbps down and 6-8Mbps up. Went by today, had a ping of 1950ms IIRC and 178kbps down and 0 up (this is on full bars of 4G). I noticed when driving along it seems like there are two NV panels up at this point with slots for 6 more.