Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

i might have fixed the mapping issue! I replaced all references to the custom ROM in the eri.xml file back to Sprint. Now my apartment has a nice purple dot right over it isolated from the rest of the purple spots.

i might have fixed the mapping issue! I replaced all references to the custom ROM in the eri.xml file back to Sprint. Now my apartment has a nice purple dot right over it isolated from the rest of the purple spots.

So it's showing up on sensorly for San Diego? Have you done any other mapping?

They have started. Each site will go live one at a time as each is complete and passes inspection. There will not be a miraculous thing where the whole market will go live at once. More and more will go live every week, but it will take many months to have widespread coverage.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

If a site turns off, like it did in Santee, how long before they turn it back on?

If a site turns off, like it did in Santee, how long before they turn it back on?

I don't know.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Interesting. Mobile data stopped working this morning when connecting to EHRPD in Imperial Beach. The 3G icon goes away and the signal icon is grey. Switch the network mode to to CDMA/Evdo and boom. Mobile data works. Drove a few miles north to Chula Vista and mobile data on EHRPD works.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I drove past the site in La Jolla (http://maps.google.com/?daddr=32.84560518076293,%20-117.23699639463076) this weekend, and my wife's iPhone switched over to LTE, but my phone didn't. I went to the site just now, saw the pretty new antennas and connectors, but I think they must have turned off the LTE today. My friend who has an unaltered GS3 didn't pick up an LTE signal either.

I wanted to get out of my car and take some pictures, but there was an SDPD cop parked there, and it would probably look suspicious considering there's an electrical substation there too.

BTW, I cycled airplane mode three times. No love.

Happy 4G hunting.

FYI. I noticed that cycling Airplane mode did very little for me when I was testing. Turning LTE on/off was more helpful. I noticed the other day when cycling LTE I picked up a new Baseband version, GA02. The only reason I noticed was because I just flashed back to FG01 from GA02 two days before while trying to deal with horrible coverage at my office.

I plan on heading down to Governor from 805 to the 52/Regents to see if I can map more LTE coverage. I'll updated the thread this afternoon.

I drove past the site in La Jolla (http://maps.google.c....23699639463076) this weekend, and my wife's iPhone switched over to LTE, but my phone didn't. I went to the site just now, saw the pretty new antennas and connectors, but I think they must have turned off the LTE today. My friend who has an unaltered GS3 didn't pick up an LTE signal either.

I wanted to get out of my car and take some pictures, but there was an SDPD cop parked there, and it would probably look suspicious considering there's an electrical substation there too.

BTW, I cycled airplane mode three times. No love.

Happy 4G hunting.

Sadly, I have to confirm that the LTE signal at I-5 and Gilman is no longer available. Too bad I didn't get a chance to map more before it went away but I'm sure it'll be back.... before it's gone again anyway.

I wouldn't be too bummed that LTE was turned off as it's in a testing phase. I'm just ecstatic that Sprint is overseeing this 4G operation as opposed to letting another company (Clear) which was underfunded and couldn't complete it's 4G WiMax buildout, this giving San Diego of feeling screwed the first time around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The new blip is in La Mesa- looks like someone needs to map that area! :)

That site was accepted on Monday. It's legit.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OK, I just drove around that area, with Sensorly on, and got 21mbps down and around 8 up. I have returned 10-minutes later and. t amount connect now. I'm very impressed though.

Edit;

Oh, its back. Woot.

It's very gratifying to be the first to map an area and have it show up on Sensorly. I'll try to get back over there after work

• Like 3