Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Is that unusual? I saw 2 carriers on the one small cell I saw in the KC area so far.

Very. Relay fed small cells are single carrier only. Traditional backhaul fed sites are like finding a needle in a haystack so far.

^ actual first dual carrier small cell configuration confirmation right there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Very. Relay fed small cells are single carrier only. Traditional backhaul fed sites are like finding a needle in a haystack so far.

If you look at the small cell post on October 25, 2017, it is dual carrier.  I will go check them.  Maybe they are all dual carrier.

56 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

If you look at the small cell post on October 25, 2017, it is dual carrier.  I will go check them.  Maybe they are all dual carrier.

Thing to do is speedtest result + SCP + engineering to verify imo. 

Maybe the result of the cable deal with cox?

A lot of the small cell sites in NYC have two carriers... ?

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 1

A lot of the small cell sites in NYC have two carriers... ?

Sent from my LG G6

Clearwire small cell conversions with tradition backhaul. New ones are mostly relay fed.

Was at Rady's Children's Hospital today. I've been with Sprint since 2009. I've been throughout a lot of growing pains with their network over the years but it's definitely been worth it. I will say though, I used to get consistent LTE in Carlsbad at Costco, but when I went to the food court which is located outdoors, it would constantly roam between 3G & roaming and it would be that way along I-5 all the way to Del Mar Heights. I wonder if Sprint is upgrading towers again?IMG_1170.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bookertdub said:

Was at Rady's Children's Hospital today. I've been with Sprint since 2009. I've been throughout a lot of growing pains with their network over the years but it's definitely been worth it. I will say though, I used to get consistent LTE in Carlsbad at Costco, but when I went to the food court which is located outdoors, it would constantly roam between 3G & roaming and it would be that way along I-5 all the way to Del Mar Heights. I wonder if Sprint is upgrading towers again?IMG_1170.JPG

Yes Sprint still upgrading. We should be expecting B26 EOY, that should fill in all the 3G holes.

• Like 1

Yes Sprint still upgrading. We should be expecting B26 EOY, that should fill in all the 3G holes.

Is this part of the 800 MHz plan that's coming to Southern California as part of the IBEZ rebranding?

Just now, bookertdub said:

Is this part of the 800 MHz plan that's coming to Southern California as part of the IBEZ rebranding?

Yes sir, it's almost complete. Keep eye out on Sprint sites, we maybe start seeing them install new B26 equipment soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bookertdub said:

800 MHz comes because of IBEZ rebanding being finishing up after more than 10 years. 

• Like 2

Yes sir, it's almost complete. Keep eye out on Sprint sites, we maybe start seeing them install new B26 equipment soon. 

That would be great, this will greatly assist with indoor Sprint coverage if I'm not mistaken.

It's hard to believe a tad more than 5 years ago, Sprint didn't have any LTE in San Diego. Still more work to be done on Sprint's end but much better than at this time 5 years ago. I'm not mistaken, I think the other spot where LTE started in San Diego was in the South Bay. I found this on my Facebook memories popup today.IMG_1187.thumb.JPG.d6f736a46dd04c2f8b1dc6bb3b22a3c5.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bookertdub said:

It's hard to believe a tad more than 5 years ago, Sprint didn't have any LTE in San Diego. Still more work to be done on Sprint's end but much better than at this time 5 years ago. I'm not mistaken, I think the other spot where LTE started in San Diego was in the South Bay. I found this on my Facebook memories popup today.IMG_1187.thumb.JPG.d6f736a46dd04c2f8b1dc6bb3b22a3c5.JPG

I remember LTE hunting looking for signals off the I-5 & CA-52. That was one of the original live LTE sites in San Diego.  I was only a few months old on S4GRU!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bookertdub said:

Last streetlight adjacent to westbound Aero Drive, prior to Kearney Villa Rd, I spotted this. Is this Sprint's equipment? IMG_1210.JPG

From what I've seen from others that spotted Sprint small cells in your market looks to be yes.

12 hours ago, bookertdub said:

Last streetlight adjacent to westbound Aero Drive, prior to Kearney Villa Rd, I spotted this. Is this Sprint's equipment? IMG_1210.JPG

Verizon also use same type of setup.

8 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Traditional backhauled small cells yay!

Maybe not traditional back hauled.  https://opendsd.sandiego.gov/Web/Approvals/Details/2035656 says UE relay.

5 minutes ago, WuTang03 said:

I really love the look of these. Looks like Mobilite learned their lesson!

It looks like it only takes 3 months to get these small cells approved in San Diego.  Usually, it is very difficult for the mobile carriers to do anything in San Diego.