ferhusky

Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

So does this mean small cells are about to start in the 619 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It mostly likely already started.  Need to get the docs to see where the sites are located to verify and monitor.

• Like 2

San Diego market has been very quiet.  Anyone run into any mini macro?  There is one on El Cajon Blvd next to Hoover High. Credits to @OlearyEamon DMCDrh4W4AATKHO.jpg:large

Mission Valley

kyNHUPS.png

• Like 4

Sprint Mini Macro Myrtle Ave across street from Joyner Elementary School.  Doesn't seem like its live, B41 sites weak nearby.

https://goo.gl/maps/AU8fub2A9t52

8oQwdLS.jpg

Sa6e5PE.jpg

cajPYAY.jpg

tOwe4KZ.jpg

47NI6Tb.jpg

CrQRc1g.jpg

• Like 4

Sprint MM across the street from Hoover High is now live which is 2 blocks from B25 only site.

SCEUj0p.jpg wMJBn1g.jpg

• Like 6

Another Sprint MM found. A block away from Sprint MM on Myrtle Ave across street from Joyner Elementary School.  The power is in OFF position.

UiTOkXS.jpg 6iSdgLV.jpg

hiKx2SD.jpg YiiOHKy.jpg 

• Like 6

Who is this? See them all over the place in Oceanside, and seen them being installed on some weekends. 

f6f4d8b3102ec0d50be3c0732f67f187782970d9

• Like 1

Who is this? See them all over the place in Oceanside, and seen them being installed on some weekends. 
f6f4d8b3102ec0d50be3c0732f67f187782970d9-1_S_1280.jpg

Nokia mini macro 2.5, airspan irelay 460, alpha wireless omni directional 2.5 GHz antenna.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marv1 said:

f6f4d8b3102ec0d50be3c0732f67f187782970d9

Sprint's :tu:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Nokia mini macro 2.5, airspan irelay 460, alpha wireless omni directional 2.5 GHz antenna.

All of the Mobilitie sites I’ve come across have had omni directional antennas. Have you heard of any multi-sector Mobilitie sites?

One of the carriers in LA is deploying 3 sector small cells on lampposts with Ericsson gear, but it’s not Mobilitie/Sprint. 

I recently got back from a trip to SD and I habe to say I was really impressed witht the progress sprint has made there. For years It was one of the worst preforming areas I traveled to, on this last trip my service preform better and more reliably than my home market. It is really good to see the progress. 

• Like 3

All of the Mobilitie sites I’ve come across have had omni directional antennas. Have you heard of any multi-sector Mobilitie sites?
One of the carriers in LA is deploying 3 sector small cells on lampposts with Ericsson gear, but it’s not Mobilitie/Sprint. 
3 sector sites are found on mini macro on macros.

You need 3 small cell units and good backhaul to support a multi sector setup which ah lte relay cannot reliably provide.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint MM Westfield Fashion Valley mall. Next to trolley station.

u3gtO2T.jpg QBOKz6k.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/12/2017 at 2:11 PM, bucdenny said:

That's actually quite elegant. I like it!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucdenny said:

u3gtO2T.jpg QBOKz6k.jpg

SD90XS178 SC-SAN DIEGO 1350 FASHION VALLEY RD

I have added it to the database.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By danlodish345
      hey guys i am due for a upgrade today....i am curious on the opinions of others of what phone is a great phone... any opinions are welcome !
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
    • By jakeuten
      Just a bit of insight. I live near UMD in Duluth, MN. Sprint's signal is clearly much 'dirtier' with a 1.0 SNR compared to T-Mobile's 20.4 SNR. I don't have a screenshot from the same time, but I get about a 22 to 29 SNR with T. I know that AT&T uses RRU's but I'm not too sure about Sprint or T-Mobile. Also, I didn't even know they had L2500 where I live, but I force checked it on my Samsung S7 (AT&T). 

• By MarshieZ
      Karma Go Hotspot Discussion & User Thread

Since we don't have an official spot for this little hotspot, I'd like to make one... meet the Karma Go hotspot. Running off the Sprint LTE network, the Go is a Spark/LTE Enhanced enabled, tri-band hotspot.

Currently it runs for $149. Down below in post #2 you'll find all the information that I've compiled about Go.

For anyone who has never heard of Karma, check out the Karma Go. 
          If you'd like to purchase the Karma, PM me and I can give you my referral code for an extra $10 off your purchase!
      Be sure to watch for sales to get the Go at $99 and if you add my code in, $89! 

Current Sale(s):

Not at this time... Check back soon!
    • By S4GRU
      Did you know that with many Sprint (Uniband) LTE Android devices, the signal strength indicator at the top does not show your LTE signal strength? Even if 4G or LTE is displayed next to it?

That's right!  This signal displayed here is your 1x (voice signal), and it is not your 3G EVDO signal strength, nor your LTE signal strength.  Regardless of whether it says 3G or 4G next to it. This is the cause of a lot of confusion.  Also, third party apps like NetMonitor do not show accurate LTE signal strengths. They also only show the 1x signal strength, even though they may reference being connected to LTE.
      The purpose of this thread is to help educate the masses, because many people think they have a strong LTE signal, when in fact they do not. And then they are unhappy, thinking that Sprint LTE is really slow, even with a strong signal. LTE performance is very signal strength dependent. So, when you have a weak signal, you can expect much slower than peak results.

There is only one accurate way to get your LTE signal strength, and that is from your LTE Engineering screen in your Debug menu. And we will discuss the different ways to get that below.

...In HTC, Motorola & LG Sprint LTE devices:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG# Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number under RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. ...In Samsung Sprint LTE devices:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG# Enter 777468 for your lock code Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. ...In the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#* Enter 777468 for your lock code Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. The LTE Signal Strength Scale:

Now you have determined your actual LTE signal strength in dBms your device is receiving, you can use the following scale below to determine its strength:
      Better than -88dBm RSRP is a strong signal Between -89dBm and -96dBm is a very good signal Between -97dBm and -105dBm is good Between -106dBm and -112dBm is fair Worse than -113dBm RSRP is poor Feel free to link people to this thread for explanation. Hopefully, this will clear up some confusion out there!

• I have B5 as 17/27/37/47/57/67 (dec) from @Trip but that's the only confirmed B5 data I have received. The 15.. 16.. 18.. 19.. examples do not conflict with anything else I have noted, so all of those might be accurate. Have you definitively confirmed each of those? I can't wait for the day when every device reports EARFCNs.. someone (I think here) did mention that Samsungs are reporting on the Oreo 8.1 preview which is huge.   Keep me updated.. I just have to be careful to assume that something deployed in one market is going to hold true elsewhere (i.e. T-Mobile's mess).   NSG is not a good comparison, because they do not use native Android API methods, they communicate directly with the modem using routines not available to anyone else. It results in great data, but for now it's not the type of information within my reach. But I should be able to do anything CellMapper is showing -- could you give more details? SCP should show the same data.   Sure, so GCI like FAxxxxxx / FBxxxxxx? Can you confirm any other details? PLMN 311480 I assume? Nobody has mentioned them. -Mike
    • Blocks are definitely less, but it has happened to me on one of my devices within the last day.
    • I noticed today my S8+ calls are going through LTE eventhough my VoLTE is disabled.   
    • I'm going on 48 hours without being blocked.. hesitantly optimistic..

-Mike
    • The implication was that the image was posted (even designed)  specifically to poke fun at an actual outage. Seemed to make perfect sense.  If no outage actually happened, cool. But I think we assumed one actually did. Hence, the image.