Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

All this LTE action in La Jolla and Santee, and not one blip on Sensorly. The New Orleans and Austin members would have had four cars mapping each site in an hour. :(

I'm counting on all you San Diegans who said that when LTE started going live in your market, you'd be all over it. Where'd you guys all go? :lol:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Don't worry Robert, I'll take a slight detour on my way home today through Rancho Bernardo this afternoon between 3-4pm PT and tomorrow around the same time I'll detour through La Jolla.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm getting solid LTE signal in Santee near the 52. Held it most of the way down Mission Gorge and all the way to Pepper Drive elementary school. Not super fast yet and kinda unstable but it's definitely on. For some reason sensorly won't update with my iPhone 5

I'm getting solid LTE signal in Santee near the 52. Held it most of the way down Mission Gorge and all the way to Pepper Drive elementary school. Not super fast yet and kinda unstable but it's definitely on. For some reason sensorly won't update with my iPhone 5

Apple prevents Sensorly from gaining access to the information needed to map your signal. Maybe if enough people complain they will allow it? Probably not..

Weird, it's strangely reporting the 4G as being WiMax on sensorly

All the WiMax mapping on Sensorly is in known WiMax Protection Site locations when I just checked now. It doesn't appear to be showing LTE marking mistakenly on the WiMax maps.

Robert

I just drove through parts of La Jolla, University City, and Torrey Pines with Sensorly mapping. No luck on getting any LTE service.

How strange... I live in La Jolla/UTC and work in Torrey Pines. I was still getting LTE this morning when I woke up at home but now that I'm at work (which is only a few miles away) it's back to crappy 3G.

All the WiMax mapping on Sensorly is in known WiMax Protection Site locations when I just checked now. It doesn't appear to be showing LTE marking mistakenly on the WiMax maps.

Robert

Really? There is a small purple splotch in the WiMax map that is right over my house! The Map Trip function automatically uploads the data to the sensorly servers, right?

Nice. That's the route i took home after I drove through LA Jolla. Wish I can take credit, but Sensorly have me 0 4g points while mapping.

I see the first Sensorly tracks along I-5 just south of UCSD. It's very faint. Yay, progress!

Robert

Sent from my Nexus 7

I see the first Sensorly tracks along I-5 just south of UCSD. It's very faint. Yay, progress!

Robert

Very interesting. I live right in the area right between I-5 and Gilman Dr. at the Nobel exit but no LTE. My wife's Nexus S 4G picks up WiMax but my Galaxy Nexus is still not seeing any LTE. Sensorly maps show that it's a little bit south of me but I roam around that area after work today and see if I can pick it up.

Edited by sqy0h

Very interesting. I live right in the area right between I-5 and Gilman Dr. at the Nobel exit but no LTE. My wife's Nexus S 4G picks up WiMax but my Galaxy Nexus is still not seeing any LTE. Sensorly maps show that it's a little bit south of me but I roam around that area after work today and see if I can pick it up.

Signals come and go during testing. But also, be sure your device is in LTE mode. You may also need to cycle airplane mode to pick it up when in range.

Robert

Signals come and go during testing. But also, be sure your device is in LTE mode. You may also need to cycle airplane mode to pick it up when in range.

Robert

Just got done driving around the reported LTE signal but I wasn't able to find anything. I used the side roads next to the highway but no luck. I also cycled Airplane mode and and cycled LTE but nothing helped.

I will say that I'm now on eHRPD now at my house (less than 1/2 mile north) which is definitely new. I'm also getting a much stronger 3g signal at my house too.

I'll do more investigating after rush hour is over and post updates.

• Like 1

Just got done driving around the reported LTE signal but I wasn't able to find anything. I used the side roads next to the highway but no luck. I also cycled Airplane mode and and cycled LTE but nothing helped.

I will say that I'm now on eHRPD now at my house (less than 1/2 mile north) which is definitely new. I'm also getting a much stronger 3g signal at my house too.

I'll do more investigating after rush hour is over and post updates.

Thanks. The effort is appreciated.

Robert

Recorded a purple 4G LTE dot, right at Carmel Mountain Road and I-15 on Sensorly. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a speedtest because it was brief. It was worth the detour. I started in Del Mar, went through Fairbanks Ranch, then 4S Ranch, through Camino Del Norte, made a left onto Bernardo Center Drive, then a right onto Paseo Luicdo which then turned into Carmel Mountain Road. Then I got some Costco gelato at the food court, then headed back home to Scripps Ranch (far East end of Mira Mesa Blvd). It wasn't until I hit the overpass that crosses I-15 on Carmel Mountain Road that I hit 4G LTE. It's not much but this makes me excited and very happy that I reupped for another 2 years with Sprint back in September!

post-6420-13596762218537_thumb.jpg

post-6420-13596762433455_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Recorded a purple 4G LTE dot, right at Carmel Mountain Road and I-15 on Sensorly. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a speedtest because it was brief. It was worth the detour. I started in Del Mar, went through Fairbanks Ranch, then 4S Ranch, through Camino Del Norte, made a left onto Bernardo Center Drive, then a right onto Paseo Luicdo which then turned into Carmel Mountain Road. Then I got some Costco gelato at the food court, then headed back home to Scripps Ranch (far East end of Mira Mesa Blvd). It wasn't until I hit the overpass that crosses I-15 on Carmel Mountain Road that I hit 4G LTE. It's not much but this makes me excited and very happy that I reupped for another 2 years with Sprint back in September!

Looks like the site just to north of the location at the Camino del Norte is live. Good find!

Robert

EASTLAKE

Gotta remember, the San Diego market isn't even launched yet. It's possible that LTE was there in & around the Albertsons in Eastlake near the State Route 125 Toll Road and Proctor Valley Road and the went away. We're in that testing phase right now where 4G LTE is threre some days & non existent on others.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I've done the map trip for several minutes and gotten quite a few LTE points. Why isn't the coverage map updating?

I'm not positive about this, but I think that they check it like weekly or something.

Sensorly maps are updated within several hours of getting new data, often within 10 or 15 minutes. If you are not seeing your data after a couple of hours, then there was a problem with your phone reporting the information.