Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Hello,

1st time posting, long time viewer.

I feel there has been a more stable connection at my office, (Kearny Mesa off 163 between Balboa and Clairemont Mesa Blvd) throughout the day. Hopefully the LTE switch will happen soon, I (like many San Diegans) have been waiting for beyond 3G speeds since WiMax was introduced and nothing for almost 3 years now.

Are there any further updates to the San Diego market?

Couple more in progress sites is added weekly. It's starting slow but it's steady progress at least. Additional info is in the sponsor area.

I've recently received 25 more In Progress sites to add for the San Diego market. I will do that the next time I get a chance. Out to dinner with the family tonight.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've recently received 25 more In Progress sites to add for the San Diego market. I will do that the next time I get a chance. Out to dinner with the family tonight.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Robert, when a site has been accepted does that mean LTE is coming to those sites soon?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Robert, when a site has been accepted does that mean LTE is coming to those sites soon?

Not sure what you're asking...

If a site is accepted for 4G, the LTE could be active immediately or be blocked for testing. If the market is launched, it will have a better chance of not being blocked, but most sites go live and accept connections right off the bat.

If a site is accepted for 3G only, it has to be upgraded and accepted for 4G before you will likely see LTE coming from it.

Sprint accepts the completed work. They don't accept the site for work to start on it.

Does that answer your question?

Was there a major delay because of permit issues? Have seen many permits for last month but nothing much for Jan. Anyone know how to look up info that is useful? https://publicservices.sdcounty.ca.gov/CitizenAccess/ Would be nice if someone can put something together for San Diego.

Delays? They had 30 sites completed last week. That's pretty impressive.

Don't forget that San Diego is an Alcatel Lucent market. AlcaLu tends to only bring online the 3G side of a completed NV site in the beginning of deployment. Around 3-6 months of work, they start to bring up the LTE side of completed sites. It's just the way they roll.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

3G unusually bad in Del Mar today (15th St & Camino Del Mar). Haven't seen speeds like this in a long time. At least where I work, the WiFi has improved, so data isn't much of an issue (for me anyways) plus our cold weather has gone away. It's a beautiful and 66° esupy5uq.jpgpymymaqy.jpg

3G unusually bad in Del Mar today (15th St & Camino Del Mar). Haven't seen speeds like this in a long time. At least where I work, the WiFi has improved, so data isn't much of an issue (for me anyways) plus our cold weather has gone away. It's a beautiful and 66° pymymaqy.jpg

If I had a view like that... I'm not sure I would even bother looking at my phone! Lol

I've heard it gets worse before it gets better when they are working on NV?

Just tested mine - Not too bad in El Cajon... Capacity is a huge issue where I am, so I'll watch the tests later in the day to see the variance. (NV has not started on any of the towers near me that I can tell)

Screenshot_2013-01-17-11-25-50_zps990c3f25.png

here is one off topic

64916101524373343201371_zpsb115bf78.jpg

Honestly, as much as I want 4G here in San Diego, I don't mind them getting the 3G upgraded first. As of now 3G seems to do better when comes to streaming video like Netflix at high rates of speed while in the car (sitting as a passenger of course).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on to your panties everyone! LTE was spotted for a short while this past Saturday in Eastlake, right near Albertsons off of East H Street/Proctor Valley Rd and Mt Miguel Rd with an iPhone 5.

Sensorly capture or it didn't happen!

Just kidding, I believe you. But I'd love to see some purple on that map. For anyone that has no idea what I'm talking about, check out this map: http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=san diego, ca

I know exactly where that is. On my next day off which wouldn't be until the weekend at the earliest, I'll try to capture that on Sensorly, unless somebody from the South Bay is reading this and able to get to it before I can. Unfortunately from what I understand, Sensorly can't upload information about the status of 3G/4G networks from the iPhone.

I'd been having many data and voice problems over the weekend and was on the phone with Sprint yesterday and again this morning. Not that the CS reps have correct info all the time but the person I spoke with at Sprint made a very interesting comment to the effect that LTE was supposed to be lit up on February 1 in San Diego. I hope he was right.

Looking at the San Diego interactive map, the closest tower to that location is *edited.

Edited by Dkoellerwx
Please keep sponsor info, such as site IDs and specific address, inside of the sponsor forums.

Somebody just posted over on Sprint's forums that they are getting LTE in the Carmel Mtn area.

That's where I live. Unfortunately I work in the Kearny Mesa area where 3g has somewhat improved over the past few days. Hopefully I'll see some LTE when I get back home

Somebody just posted over on Sprint's forums that they are getting LTE in the Carmel Mtn area.

Got a link for that? I'm curious to know where in Carmel Mountain it is. I live in Scripps Ranch, so it's only 10 minutes away