Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Hi, could you look into what you can find out about Network Vision in Indianapolis?

I know right now, we have a core switch issue that should be replaced on March 1st. I do not know if its from Network Vision or just a normal upgrade.

The core switch affects many states.

I would love to know which vender is doing our upgrade also.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know about you but I got my hopes up when Sprint announced network improvements around Indianapolis right before the Superbowl. I had hoped it meant that either they would stick around and get to work on NV/LTE or that meant they were already working on it. But since I havent seen any mention here...

Edited by AJames25

Hey thank you for that picture.

Indianapolis is in that iffy area' date=' where it could be two venders.

Hoping Robert can take a look and see who the vender is at least.[/quote']

Sorry for the delay. I don't know how I've completely missed this thread for several days...errr, weeks!

Samsung is the NV OEM for Indy market.

I dont know about you but I got my hopes up when Sprint announced network improvements around Indianapolis right before the Superbowl. I had hoped it meant that either they would stick around and get to work on NV/LTE or that meant they were already working on it. But since I havent seen any mention here...

Definitely not. The band aid improvements are being handled by Ericsson under their nationwide network management contract. NV is being handled by different contracts altogether. In your case, Samsung is handling NV deployment in the Indy market.

Posted via Forum Runner

Sorry for the delay. I don't know how I've completely missed this thread for several days...errr' date=' weeks!

Samsung is the NV OEM for Indy market.

Definitely not. The band aid improvements are being handled by Ericsson under their nationwide network management contract. NV is being handled by different contracts altogether. In your case, Samsung is handling NV deployment in the Indy market.

Posted via Forum Runner[/quote']

Great thank you Robert.

Sprint has a huge issue with there core switch. Its been open for almost a year, if anyone is interested the ticket number is 8217743.

I hope Samsung changes it out soon, that alone will make huge improvements.

Posted via Forum Runner

Once I came to my senses, I realized that it had to be just a band aid. And now I wait.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well... according to the "Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List" thread, Indy should start seeing their first LTE sites in October. Has anyone seen evidence of work commencing on any of the Indianapolis market towers yet? I'm on the south side of town and I haven't noticed anything yet on my local towers.

Well... according to the "Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List" thread' date=' Indy should start seeing their first LTE sites in October. Has anyone seen evidence of work commencing on any of the Indianapolis market towers yet? I'm on the south side of town and I haven't noticed anything yet on my local towers.[/quote']

Hi,

No I have not at this point it looks like they are at least 30 data behind.

Happen to look at sensorly seen the little mark by fisher thought I'd share didn't see any thread for this if there is

Great find, Codie! Looks like we've got a live one, boys!!!

Robert

• Like 1

Turns out it is in Castleton. If the map is accurate, I know exactly where it is. I actually drove by what I assume is the tower yesterday. I will swing by there in about an hour to see if I can get anything. Lucky me, I work about 10 minutes from there. If I pick up anything worth reporting I will post the results in thus thread, and swing by during daylight to snap some pics of what I believe is the tower.

pa4u7u9e.jpg

This signature will default back to the stock signature after the next flash.

Why do I bother changing it in Tapatalk?

Turns out it is in Castleton. If the map is accurate, I know exactly where it is. I actually drove by what I assume is the tower yesterday. I will swing by there in about an hour to see if I can get anything. Lucky me, I work about 10 minutes from there. If I pick up anything worth reporting I will post the results in thus thread, and swing by during daylight to snap some pics of what I believe is the tower.

pa4u7u9e.jpg

ya I was a little off realized after I posted it but thanks for clearing that up

ya I was a little off realized after I posted it but thanks for clearing that up

I am pretty damn excited! That seems like a really small area of coverage. Is that normal?

Ya I would think so it may be only one tower tho and some people may not have that app so it won't mark it I think on it but I'm not a 100 percent sure.. I live in Toledo so I still have a little ways to go but its still great to see more coming each week

Drats! I got nothing!

The tower is loaded up with a lot of equipment. I am just guessing that there is another carrier using it also, or maybe the fire station right next to it has equipment on it, because it is loaded with lots of stuff.

arygybar.jpg

u8eqynav.jpg

I know that those are awful night time shots. I will get more during daylight in the very near future.

These are the Sensorly screen shots while I was there.

maga2u5u.jpg

Even got this message

esehe9y5.jpg

I had to walk back on a private drive that leads to the fire station. The blue dot of my location is directly in between the tower and the fire station.

I wonder if they blocked the site when they left for the day. Where is a spectrum analyzer when you need one???

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Where is a spectrum analyzer when you need one???

From Indianapolis, about 500 miles west on I-70...

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I wonder if they blocked the site when they left for the day. Where is a spectrum analyzer when you need one???

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I left it at home...

Oh, never mind, I don't have one.

• Like 1

When I head there tomorrow is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Any particular info from my phone that I should try to get?

Some people working on the tower would be a good sign ;)

I am guessing based on my little night time adventure that someone working on the tower had Sensorly running.

I just saw this on Sprint Community Forum... I can here to post about it and saw this thread..

46.png?a=-1 statusicon-110.gif

DouglasKuhn1 posts since

Aug 4, 2010

96. Sep 24, 2012 1:57 PM (in response to jonathanbullock1)Re: 4G in Indianapolis

I work in the Fishers area, and just got the iPhone 5 Friday (thanks pre-order!). Sprint is definitely starting to activate their LTE sites slowly but surely, as I am getting LTE in my office. Ran some speed tests, and got 10-15 Mbps down, 2-4 Mbps up at various times.

Hey all,

I'm the one that posted on the Sprint forums about the Indy site. I work just south of 106th and Lantern in Fishers.....I was shocked when I came in Monday and the LTE was active on my phone. Here's my Speed Test.....I also was the one that hit up Sensorly.

post-5535-0-59066600-1348672029_thumb.png

• Like 1