Network Vision/LTE - Austin Market

t3lancer2007

I have a feeling they're not just going to roll out b41 on a tower that's never had clear service 

Sprint finally added Spark to the tower where I live. ... Clear was never on this tower

I guess your feelings were wrong  :dazed:  

I guess your feelings were wrong :dazed:

You took that first quote and manipulated it to seem as if I doubted Sprints' Spark rollout. What I actually asked was how they were prioritizing band 41 rollout, and how it would work if a tower never had Clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You took that first quote and manipulated it to seem as if I doubted Sprints' Spark rollout. What I actually asked was how they were prioritizing band 41 rollout, and how it would work if a tower never had Clear.

Because it doesn't need to be a former Clear site. All it is is adding antennas, radios, and support inside the base station. If Sprint had limited to Clear sites that would be problematic and band 41 wouldn't be as good as it is in Spark markets.

Also, it could be a B41 site but your phone might connect to B26 over it depending on signal strength. Oddly, after the latest Android update (5.0.1?) I seem to hit more B26 than B41 which is okay but I would rather be on B41 as much as possible.

Is b41 going to drain battery more? It seems like it so far. My phone is latching onto b41 and not letting go, which is great but at the cost of my battery. I still get great speeds at only 1-2 bars but still, it's noticeable. Turn off LTE I guess if I'm not doing anything data intensive?

Is b41 going to drain battery more? It seems like it so far. My phone is latching onto b41 and not letting go, which is great but at the cost of my battery. I still get great speeds at only 1-2 bars but still, it's noticeable. Turn off LTE I guess if I'm not doing anything data intensive?

It shouldn't impact battery life too much. Unless you're suddenly sitting on a very, very weak signal. B41 means your data requests are completed faster, which should help battery life a smidge. 

It shouldn't impact battery life too much. Unless you're suddenly sitting on a very, very weak signal. B41 means your data requests are completed faster, which should help battery life a smidge.

Its definitely loading stuff quicker, being more efficient, but I'm seeing battery drops of 1% every minute. I'm just streaming music.

Its definitely loading stuff quicker, being more efficient, but I'm seeing battery drops of 1% every minute. I'm just streaming music.

I streamed spotify on b41 for most of my drive to my school and also was on Bluetooth and never experienced battery draining that fast

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I streamed spotify on b41 for most of my drive to my school and also was on Bluetooth and never experienced battery draining that fast

It could be my phone I guess. It feels warm just sitting streaming on standby.

Just did one, and the phone drained 3 percent instantly while I was unlocking it, and opening this app. Hmm.

I would do a restore if I were you. Sounds like corrupted files messing with the phone. It should not drop that fast, obviously.

I would do a restore if I were you. Sounds like corrupted files messing with the phone. It should not drop that fast, obviously.

I think I will. Would just a reset on the phone work? Or should I download the software and restore?

I think I will. Would just a reset on the phone work? Or should I download the software and restore?

Not sure on that one. I would probably just do the restore and go from there. If that doesn't fix it, there's always apple who will no doubt just replace the phone.

What are you trying to show/prove?  Why do you post so many speed tests?  There is no need to do so.

For those 45 seconds every time you run a speed test, you create the equivalent of yet another big rig tractor trailer on a highway.  Multiply that by others in your area running speed tests shortly before, after, or at the same time as you.  All have needlessly occupied network capacity -- sometimes to the point of network congestion.

AJ

• Like 1

What are you trying to show/prove? Why do you post so many speed tests? There is no need to do so.

For those 45 seconds every time you run a speed test, you create the equivalent of yet another big rig tractor trailer on a highway. Multiply that by others in your area running speed tests shortly before, after, or at the same time as you. All have needlessly occupied network capacity -- sometimes to the point of network congestion.

AJ

There is something very wrong with a site if a single Speedtest is causing congestion, network prioritization will help this not happen, if I'm getting those speeds in a Speedtest there is obviously not any current congestion as the site is having no problem delivering fast speeds. I can do whatever I well please with my phone, I'm sorry if it's upsetting you showing a network performing properly.

There is something very wrong with a site if a single Speedtest is causing congestion, network prioritization will help this not happen, if I'm getting those speeds in a Speedtest there is obviously not any current congestion as the site is having no problem delivering fast speeds. I can do whatever I well please with my phone, I'm sorry if it's upsetting you showing a network performing properly.

He's not saying one SpeedTest will cause congestion, he said MULTIPLE people like you doing SpeedTests constantly MAY cause congestion at a given site. Just use your phone, don't take measurements that really don't mean anything unless you NEED to know, but you don't. Like how many people across the site said, 5Mbps+ is fine for everything. You only need to be concerned when you get 1Mbps down on LTE at full bars, nothing else.

He's not saying one SpeedTest will cause congestion, he said MULTIPLE people like you doing SpeedTests constantly MAY cause congestion at a given site. Just use your phone, don't take measurements that really don't mean anything unless you NEED to know, but you don't. Like how many people across the site said, 5Mbps+ is fine for everything. You only need to be concerned when you get 1Mbps down on LTE at full bars, nothing else.

I took one Speedtest and then I put my phone away.

I took one Speedtest and then I put my phone away.

You have also posted four speed test results in the past week alone.  It seems like most of your posts recently have been about speed tests.

AJ

So yesterday I was out and saw my iPhone signal indicator go from no bars to one bar on b41. That must have been a really weak signal! It had no problem holding onto it though. I'm glad b41 acts like this. It might be my device that helps though too.

Edited by TangerineAir

So yesterday I was out and saw my iPhone signal indicator go from no bars to one bar on b41. That must have been a really weak signal! It had no problem holding onto it though. I'm glad b41 acts like this. It might be my device that helps though too.

The iPhone does hold onto b41 pretty well.