Network Vision/LTE - Austin Market

t3lancer2007

It probably needs backhaul added to it if it's an old clear site. Then you have to think and possibly pray 8t8r antennas will give you the godsend speeds you expect. Otherwise you will be disappointed. Time is important. Most b41 sites out there are trash, considering they're just connected to old clear backhaul. The only sites that are good are up in Chicago and NYC. They've matured enough and are getting 8t8r.

Sent from my Shiny Band 41 capable Space Gray iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This is not accurate. Most B41 sites are not trash. Even most of the Clear B41 sites run 20-30Mbps most of the time. And some run 50-70Mbps just fine. I don't know who you are and what corner of the network you're seeing, but the things you keep saying broadly are just not representative of the B41 network on the whole.
  • Like 1

Nothing to take into account, because I'm not discussing carrier aggregation. I didn't forget anything. Additional B41 carriers increase capacity without carrier aggregation. Two B41 channels offer double the capacity than one, even if they are not aggregated. And 200 users spread on two channels will see much higher speeds than 200 users on one channel.

All B41 device holders benefit for each additional B41 carrier Sprint adds to a site, not just the ones with Carrier Aggregation.

Oops. I had forgotten about the way additional carriers alleviate capacity issues by letting devices connect to two separate pipes. Too much to remember.

This is not accurate. Most B41 sites are not trash. Even most of the Clear B41 sites run 20-30Mbps most of the time. And some run 50-70Mbps just fine. I don't know who you are and what corner of the network you're seeing, but the things you keep saying broadly are just not representative of the B41 network on the whole.

Sorry. I can't aim for accuracy when I've never experienced such a nice network experience as a whole recently; in effect I put out misleading posts to others. The Austin market is trashy. That's my opinion. I can't forget there's other markets, and once again everyone's experience is different. Sigh. Disregard me if necessary. I'd rather not take up your time.

Sorry. I can't aim for accuracy when I've never experienced such a nice network experience as a whole recently; in effect I put out misleading posts to others. The Austin market is trashy. That's my opinion. I can't forget there's other markets, and once again everyone's experience is different. Sigh. Disregard me if necessary. I'd rather not take up your time.

As an example of what 2 B41 carriers can do, on Clear equipment no less.

This is a speed test during the World Series (bottom of the 4th inning)

2014-10-29%2020.41.23.jpg

And this was before the game

2014-10-29%2013.36.39.jpg

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

As an example of what 2 B41 carriers can do, on Clear equipment no less.

This is a speed test during the World Series (bottom of the 4th inning)

2014-10-29%2020.41.23.jpg

And this was before the game

2014-10-29%2013.36.39.jpg

Sent from my LG G3

I can't see your images.

Nice. I don't really feel like saying I can't wait though. It's gonna be a long time before I see speeds like that. Must be nice.

All new 8T8R sites are prepped for 2 carrier deployment immediately. Austin will see 8T8R installs soon, if they haven't started already. The wait may not be as long as you think, especially if the network is as overwhelmed as you claim it is.

All new 8T8R sites are prepped for 2 carrier deployment immediately. Austin will see 8T8R installs soon, if they haven't started already. The wait may not be as long as you think, especially if the network is as overwhelmed as you claim it is.

Well... Okay. It's just that the tower that serves my house doesn't even have b41 yet, and no telco services my house for Internet. So whatever data I get helps me do work. It just makes me feel boxed in. Like I'm stuck basically. Everywhere miles from me has b41 though. It's nice to use my phone fast and all away from my house but I wait, as I see b25 speeds dip lower at my house.

Well... Okay. It's just that the tower that serves my house doesn't even have b41 yet, and no telco services my house for Internet. So whatever data I get helps me do work. It just makes me feel boxed in. Like I'm stuck basically. Everywhere miles from me has b41 though. It's nice to use my phone fast and all away from my house but I wait, as I see b25 speeds dip lower at my house.

8T8R equipment is being deployed to the majority of Sprint's sites. The reason your site doesn't have B41 is it likely wasn't ever a Clear site to begin with. Deployment is underway now, but will really ramp up in your market early next year.

Do you know what site you connect to? Or at least what area are you in?

8T8R equipment is being deployed to the majority of Sprint's sites. The reason your site doesn't have B41 is it likely wasn't ever a Clear site to begin with. Deployment is underway now, but will really ramp up in your market early next year.

Do you know what site you connect to? Or at least what area are you in?

I know what tower I connect to exactly, and I know it never was a clear site :) I've had a WiMAX hotspot before never ever saw 4G. What do you mean by what area though? Basically I'm in southeast Austin kind of near the airport (2 mi away) and SH-130.

I know what tower I connect to exactly, and I know it never was a clear site :) I've had a WiMAX hotspot before never ever saw 4G. What do you mean by what area though? Basically I'm in southeast Austin kind of near the airport (2 mi away) and SH-130.

OK, which tower it it?

I hope this helps you. It's the one in the middle.

Yes, that helps. Do you at least get B26 + B25?

I can't say for sure when the B41 equipment will be installed, but it is coming. In order to view the schedules, you would need to be a premier sponsor (which is normally $100, right now is up to 50% off)

Yes, that helps. Do you at least get B26 + B25?

I can't say for sure when the B41 equipment will be installed, but it is coming. In order to view the schedules, you would need to be a premier sponsor (which is normally $100, right now is up to 50% off).

I've had b26 since February, and I think b25 has been here for a long time surely. I'm strongly considering becoming a sponsor.

• Like 1

It it a clear site by doing a dec to hex convertion on the serving cell. 00501602 the Austin market I think is 03C. If you can disable band 41. Looking at the premier maps for clear they are just to far to get any decent speeds. Like what was posted in the austin map band 41 has decent speeds but for clear you need to be close 2-3 miles to get decent speeds.

The problem is in the area he lives the tower spacing is not great. They will need to add a tower or two in many areas of the Austin market. Go towards downtown and you get the 20&30 speeds.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

You do need to take jn account there was recently a huge surge in amount of bamd 41 devices thanks to the iphone launch. Many with an Iphone 4 or 4s now have 6 pr 6+, and it wven inpacted places like East texas. The only solution here is to add band 41, or if possible a second pcs carrier. But band 41 is a higher priority. 

I merged the Scary B41 speeds thread into the Austin market thread.  Because it's really about an observation in one small part of the Austin market and not B41 on the whole.

I merged the Scary B41 speeds thread into the Austin market thread. Because it's really about an observation in one small part of the Austin market and not B41 on the whole.

I understand.

The problem is in the area he lives the tower spacing is not great. They will need to add a tower or two in many areas of the Austin market. Go towards downtown and you get the 20&30 speeds.

The tower spacing really isn't too great. There are some areas in Austin where you will drop down to 3G because the spacing is too wide even with 800mhz. New towers are needed.

The only time I drop to 3g is when I go into a big box store. I travel from Manor to Fredericksburg regularly. My LG g3 has been great.

The tower spacing really isn't too great. There are some areas in Austin where you will drop down to 3G because the spacing is too wide even with 800mhz. New towers are needed.

The way it looks to be, at least according to our maps, site spacing should only be an issue when you are outside of Austin proper. Anything in the city limits the site spacing is fine, so it's a matter of tweaking the output levels and downtilt for maximum coverage. Once you are into more rural areas, site spacing will always be an issue. Additionally, indoor coverage is never guaranteed, too many variables to have coverage inside of every big box and concrete bunker. 

It it a clear site by doing a dec to hex convertion on the serving cell. 00501602 the Austin market I think is 03C. If you can disable band 41. Looking at the premier maps for clear they are just to far to get any decent speeds. Like what was posted in the austin map band 41 has decent speeds but for clear you need to be close 2-3 miles to get decent speeds.

I can assure that isn't a clear site. I've never had clear coverage, and I've been very close to that tower. I would have gotten WiMAX but I did not. There is however a clear tower that now has b41 very far from where I live near burleson rd. I don't think I could connect to that tower under regular means though, from where I live. Maybe if I got on my roof. :P

The way it looks to be, at least according to our maps, site spacing should only be an issue when you are outside of Austin proper. Anything in the city limits the site spacing is fine, so it's a matter of tweaking the output levels and downtilt for maximum coverage. Once you are into more rural areas, site spacing will always be an issue. Additionally, indoor coverage is never guaranteed, too many variables to have coverage inside of every big box and concrete bunker.

I seem to get better service around my house though. I get 3-4 bars of LTE inside, while I'm reluctant to get good signal traveling, and in the areas I frequent.