LTE PRL with Verizon 3G Roaming?

Nope. 00001 is an older verizon PRL modified to make it look like you are not roaming. There are ZERO MCC/MNC records in it, you will not use LTE with it.

56006 is probably the best for 3G roaming as it's kind of like 12124 but with the MCC/MNC records for LTE in each geo.

• Like 1

I think some other Galaxy Nexus owners have said that PRL changes don't affect their ability to connect to LTE. But it seems to affect other devices. Strange.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Nope. 00001 is an older verizon PRL modified to make it look like you are not roaming. There are ZERO MCC/MNC records in it, you will not use LTE with it.

56006 is probably the best for 3G roaming as it's kind of like 12124 but with the MCC/MNC records for LTE in each geo.

So 56006 is the one I need to load onto my Photon Q? I still haven't rooted my phone yet, so I haven't been able to use Roam Control to force roam here in Columbia, SC onto Verizon to see if I get EvDo or not on 55006

As I said before, I did get EvDo service on Verizon and on US Cellular between Hartsville, SC and Monroe, NC while traveling back and forth from work.

So 56006 is the one I need to load onto my Photon Q? I still haven't rooted my phone yet, so I haven't been able to use Roam Control to force roam here in Columbia, SC onto Verizon to see if I get EvDo or not on 55006

My Photon Q already has this PRL stock. Do you have something different? I do not see EVDO roaming with it though.

I think some other Galaxy Nexus owners have said that PRL changes don't affect their ability to connect to LTE. But it seems to affect other devices. Strange.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Wonder if it has something to do with those bootleg VIA garbage chipsets. The qualcomm docs show you have to put in the MCC/MNC records for every geo in the PRL for LTE to work in that area. But theirs is just qualcomm licensed.

The EVO LTE does it a bit different. You write the 683D PRL and the chipset takes another file with the global Sprint PLMN record and ACQ records to create the 683E PRL needed in NV of the chipset. If the MCC/MNC records are not present and only the PLMN is there, then each and every geo will not have LTE.

As I said before, I did get EvDo service on Verizon and on US Cellular between Hartsville, SC and Monroe, NC while traveling back and forth from work.

56006 is very very similar to 12124 except it has the LTE "juice" in it.

I haven't had time to post on my site due to stuff at work...cough cough Isaac!...but I will one day. Here's a few snippets from 56006:

SID: 221 - United States Cellular - PEORIA IL - Priority: Same - Roaming Ind:Domestic

1X Scan: CLR/Both CLR/Both

EV Scan: US Cellular - 0080:0140(Same) - CLR/199 CLR/468 PCS/825 PCS/75 PCS/375 PCS/775 PCS/875 PCS/975 PCS/1075 PCS/550 PCS/575

SID: 4160 - Verizon Wireless - New Orleans Baton Rouge LA - Priority: More - Roaming Ind:Domestic

1X Scan: CLR/Both CLR/Both

EV Scan: Verizon Wireless - 0080:0580(More) - CLR/201 CLR/73 CLR/199 CLR/468 CLR/589 CLR/597 PCS/175 CLR/466 CLR/594 CLR/630 CLR/770 PCS/775 CLR/119 CLR/157 CLR/160 PCS/75 PCS/225 CLR/510 PCS/975 PCS/1025

EV Scan: Alltel(VZW) - 0086:5900(More) - CLR/37 CLR/78 CLR/589 CLR/594 CLR/630 PCS/525 CLR/770 CLR/1019 PCS/50 PCS/375 PCS/475 PCS/500 PCS/625 PCS/550 PCS/625 PCS/725 PCS/750 PCS/775 PCS/875 PCS/925 PCS/1025 PCS/1125 PCS/1175 CLR/201 CLR/119 CLR/160

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I got prl 56006 running on my EVO LTE today. I am in a good coverage area, so i decided to force it to roam only, and something unexpected happened... I connected to LTE... while roaming. It shows the operator name as: 310120

I know my closest tower was supposed to be completed at the end of last month, but I have only caught fleeting glimpses of 4G on my phone thus far. Am I right to assume that I am accessing LTE from the site before it has been officially handed off to sprint?

If so, do I have anything to fear in continuing to stay connected to it?

Chris

No, you simply forced the radio to cycle and it picked up LTE. Another way of doing the evo lte connect dance.

If it wasn't handed off it wouldn't have the right operator code :)

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question I hope this is the correct place to ask. But is there a prl that I can load to be able to force my iPhone 5 into lte on verizon? Also does my iPhone have to be jailbroken to be able to add a different prl?

Quick question I hope this is the correct place to ask. But is there a prl that I can load to be able to force my iPhone 5 into lte on verizon? Also does my iPhone have to be jailbroken to be able to add a different prl?

There is no roaming agreement with VZW 4g. Just like with 3G, your wouldn't Auth on the evdo channel. Now getting your phone onto the LTE without it locked out is another thing.

Prls won't force you on to LTE either.

25xxx is not 3G roaming AFAIK, at least on verizon

I picked up 24006 from xda which should be LTE and is definitely 3G VZW roaming (regional)

24xxx are not VZW 3G roaming PRLs either. Not sure who keeps spreading this garbage that 24xxx is a corporate PRL. Far from it! You are looking for 56xxx for 3G roaming.

....so I haven't been able to use Roam Control to force roam here in Columbia, SC onto Verizon to see if I get EvDo or not on 55006

Just FYI, if that's the only reason you'd be unlocking/rooting, then don't bother yet. MrGreg hasn't yet gotten the app updated to work with Motorola phones updated beyond Gingerbread yet unfortunately.

I thought PRLs are a CDMA-only thing' date=' and since LTE is GSM based, that PRLs didn't have an affect in LTE. Am I wrong?[/quote']

Ooh, don't say LTE is GSM around here... You will get yelled at :-)

You are correct in the point that PRL should not have anything to do with LTE, but I think what was figured out was that Sprint uses the PRL as an on/off switch for LTE connectivity. If your PRL doesn't have some code to activate LTE, no LTE for you.

Edit: what digiblur said... Lol

• Like 1

Yes and no. Qualcomm chipsets require one MCC/MNC per GEO to enable LTE.

I'm not exactly sure of these technical terms, especially the abbreviations. LOL! It's like talking to my doctor. :P

Pyroscott elaborated more on it though. Appreciate the responses. :)

• Like 2

I'm not exactly sure of these technical terms, especially the abbreviations. LOL! It's like talking to my doctor. :P

Pyroscott elaborated more on it though. Appreciate the responses. :)

Geo is a geographic area in the PRL. You know what LTE is. And a MCC/MNC record is one line that defines the carrier code used for LTE. Kind of like the SID on 1x and the beginning portion of the evdo subnet ID.