Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Any way to know when downtown Hartford upgrades might start and how to keep up to date? I have a good view from my office to observe.

We don't know a date. It should be before mid summer at the latest to start, though.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed how fast the Northern market has been climbing up the percentage chart? We're already at 21% and ahead of the Southern market that started way before us. Hope this is a sign that I'll pick up a 4G signal on my Note 2 soon!

Im kind of happy southern CT is doing full build. in most markets

We don't know a date. It should be before mid summer at the latest to start, though.

Now that most of the cold weather is gone they will be done faster. I feel bad for them climbing in cold weather. I work outside do I don't blame them for not working so fast!

Any way to know when downtown Hartford upgrades might start and how to keep up to date? I have a good view from my office to observe.

On the ct site there has been no permits for Hartford yet but it doesn't mean much work could start before the website gets updated I will post when I see something

On the ct site there has been no permits for Hartford yet but it doesn't mean much work could start before the website gets updated I will post when I see something

I think they've started downtown. My signal has gone to hell in the way people have described before.

I think they've started downtown. My signal has gone to hell in the way people have described before.

The first site was accepted in Central Hartford yesterday. So your suspicions are correct.

The first site was accepted in Central Hartford yesterday. So your suspicions are correct.

Still GMO or are these the first full builds we are seeing in this market?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Still GMO or are these the first full builds we are seeing in this market?

i think there full build there starting to add accepted permits on the CT website

Several of those have fallen through and some are 3g only right now. Never take those as the gospel as they said Baton Rouge would have it around January which indeed 2 sites went active late January but nothing else since then.

Sent from my little Note2

Several of those have fallen through and some are 3g only right now. Never take those as the gospel as they said Baton Rouge would have it around January which indeed 2 sites went active late January but nothing else since then.

Sent from my little Note2

so sprint is pulling Verizon's term of launching. Lol

The state page is lighting up with information now. I wish they listed all sites, but I see some in Enfield, East Windsor, Windsor Locks, Windsor, so hopefully they can get to work soon.

The updates are dated as far back as February, but haven't been on the site until recently.

Bring on the LTE.

If things don't look better by May 1, I might have to switch to T-Mobile. I can't live with 150 kb/s for an extended amount of time.

• Like 1

If things don't look better by May 1, I might have to switch to T-Mobile. I can't live with 150 kb/s for an extended amount of time.

I doubt that it will. It may but I doubt it. I found out at work I get the same discount with Att and it will be actually cheaper for the 3gb plan. Im starting to question it they have lte and best coverage in my area. Im not bagging on sprint I been with them 8 years but Im away from home a lot and I need something reliable.

I doubt that it will. It may but I doubt it. I found out at work I get the same discount with Att and it will be actually cheaper for the 3gb plan. Im starting to question it they have lte and best coverage in my area. Im not bagging on sprint I been with them 8 years but Im away from home a lot and I need something reliable.

It's not that I wouldn't be willing to come back someday, but I called and they can't even give an estimate if it'll be a a couple months or a year. I know it probably won't be a year, but still... The fact that they admitted that they don't look at the towers ahead to see what level of work they're going to have to do annoys me as someone who has studied public planning.

Some good news!

North Stamford and Stamford CT are getting a Network Vision tower very soon. It is being built and worked right now.

[Our regular 3G tower has gone completely Kaput here, it was NEVER properly fixed after Storm Sandy which took it down, apparently just a temporary fix. I had 5 bars before Sandy and only 2 after (of course I JUST got a new phone and blamed the phone). When it went completely out 2 weeks ago, I called and bitched, they opened a ticket, It was fully fixed for ONE WHOLE WEEK. And guess what 5 bars!! So I told customer service obviously it was never fully repaired after Sandy and it was NOT my phone not receiving the signal and I was not paying for 5 months of 1/5 the signal i should have had. After not backing down, I recieved a $75 credit to my account. Sprint REALLY needed to get a team out there again at some point during the 5 months and properly repair the tower. That was a big FAIL]

The service (3G) was down again completely (still is) as of Monday this week, about a week after the "fixed" it. I called again, got another ticket opened and they already had tickets opened due to others reports. This time the tech explained to me what they were doing and gave me the scheduled restoration times which is tonight at 11pm. Then she said, that does not include the Vision Network tower, that has a date further out. I didn't care when that date was so I didn't ask, I just wanted my signal back.

So I can absolutely say that they are workng right now on a tower that will serve the North Stamford area and probably others near it that serve other parts of Stamford.

I think they may be working on Vision sites up through Norwalk because another tech kept mentioning a ticket on a tower that served Stamford through Norwalk (there is no such 3G tower, I don't know if there is such a thing as a super Vision tower, but maybe it was one ticket for a series of towers). I will have to find out what the anticipated completion date is the next time I call Business Technical support.

I have no idea if these Vision sites will be deployed as 3G or 4GLTE.

• Like 1