Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Where are you seeing this information? On the state website, I didnt see any useful data, quite possibly, looking at the exact wrong link. I havent seen any work going on in East Windsor or Windsor Locks, and havent noticed anything in any of the towns various approval boards. Is it all controlled at the state level? I thought most towns had a role in the process as well.

I will say, sporadically my data speeds to go absolute crap in the area. That is a new issue, because for the last 3 years, my 3g speeds in the north of Windsor I91 corridor have been superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In there devolpment they need to add more towers buy my house and in general areas. Theres three towers in my area. One is lower sectoion of a valley that is were sprints is of course. One is at a high school on other side of valley on top of it. Last one is at town dump also up high. Where i live i fall in a dead spot and that airave thing is junk. But anyways i really hope they add new towers lte is not going to help dead spots. When att has full bars and verizon has 3. In my old town there where two towers one on highway side and other, on other side of the hill. Both have att and verizon the highway had sprint. So if you go on the other side your in a dead spot lol. I dont understand why verizon and att took off unlimted data. There have fiber optic cables with the local cable companys wich is a business account and get unlimted data because there a business. Then charge people for data thats a joke

Edited by z250kid

In there devolpment they need to add more towers buy my house and in general areas. Theres three towers in my area. One is lower sectoion of a valley that is were sprints is of course. One is at a high school on other side of valley on top of it. Last one is at town dump also up high. Where i live i fall in a dead spot and that airave thing is junk. But anyways i really hope they add new towers lte is not going to help dead spots. When att has full bars and verizon has 3. In my old town there where two towers one on highway side and other, on other side of the hill. Both have att and verizon the highway had sprint. So if you go on the other side your in a dead spot lol. I dont understand why verizon and att took off unlimted data. There have fiber optic cables with the local cable companys wich is a business account and get unlimted data because there a business. Then charge people for data thats a joke

Sprint won't be adding additional towers any time soon, unless they are already in the works. Sprint's main focus right now is Network Vision, once that is complete, they may consider adding additional towers.

Part of NV is adding 800 SMR to every towers. 800 SMR is usable further from the tower, and penetrates buildings a little better. Once 800 SMR goes live in your area, it will help tremendously with filling in the gaps between towers, and increasing coverage in fringe areas. It may not solve all issues, but it will certainly help.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what's going on right now in Windsor Locks, East Windsor and Enfield, but signal has been crappy, then great, and same with data. All abnormal. I know the East Granby site was done, but don't see anything for sites in surrounding towns. Anyone know? My phone didn't have working data on 3g at Bradley today until about 1130, and last few days it's been sporadic. Normally it's rock solid and fast.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

On 84 west right after exit 14 the tower closet to the highway had a crane last two days. They put new pannels on it today. I saw them as i drove by. I cant wait for these to go live. I know it needs fiber ran to the tower still.

Someone mapped the 4g in Meriden at 691 X 91 interchange. Great to see that in Ct

If you drive south theres a brown building with pannels on them thats is sprints

Okay my tower is not updated but its on the ct website to be. But another one in southbury ct. Has had new antennas on it just in the last two days. Still waiting for fiber i hope this is sprints. It is there tower and the top antennas were replaced. 214 Russian Village Road, 06488 Southbury, CT

Edited by z250kid

Okay my tower is not updated but its on the ct website to be. But another one in southbury ct. Has had new antennas on it just in the last two days. Still waiting for fiber i hope this is sprints. It is there tower and the top antennas were replaced. 214 Russian Village Road, 06488 Southbury, CT

The CT website doesn't show sites that are completed, but rather sites the State has approved to start work. They may still even require local approval before work can even start. It has taken months before a site shows up on the CT site and work actually begins.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The CT website doesn't show sites that are completed, but rather sites the State has approved to start work. They may still even require local approval before work can even start. It has taken months before a site shows up on the CT site and work actually begins.

I know that i was just wondering if it was sprint who had there antennas replaced. At this tower i went to drive to it but its a mile long dirt driveway thats blocked off

Edited by z250kid

Tower in Windsor Locks (not Sheraton at Bradley) has had no working data for a week now. Have to get East of the 96 Prospect Hill Rd tower in East Windsor to get any data in Warehouse Point.

Can someone link this state site? Every state site I saw, is pretty useless with information, or at least discernible information.

Can someone link this state site? Every state site I saw, is pretty useless with information, or at least discernible information.

I don't have the link. I've seen others post it in the past.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

awesome. Thank you. So I assume, if nothing is listed for Sprint, then they haven't gotten the state level go ahead yet? I don't see too much Sprint on there that is recent. I don't even see some towers listed.

well that was lame.. back to 3g today. this is in new/fair haven zip 06513, near rt 80.

well here is a follow-up to this.. i had 4G with full signal at my house for a day, then the next day it was gone.. so i thought maybe they prematurely turned on a tower.. in fact there is 4G coverage just outside of my house near rt 80 in southern CT a few blocks away still, it doesn't make sense how i had 4G one day and gone the next at the same location (my house).

Has anyone noticed how fast the Northern market has been climbing up the percentage chart? We're already at 21% and ahead of the Southern market that started way before us. Hope this is a sign that I'll pick up a 4G signal on my Note 2 soon!