Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Hard to say with that image, sorry. Have signals changed in that area recently?

Judging from the panel sizes, I’d guess it’s a hexadecaport alongside an 8T8R. 

40 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

What would be the reasoning for deploying both of those (16 plus 8T8R)? My initial thought was NV+10 port. 

Future proofing.

Since 800 is just now rolling out in the Seattle market, all sites are in the process of being upgraded, and all sites capable of supporting the weight are getting a hexadecaport antenna along with an 8T8R. Also, from my observations, in these setups, the 8T8R antenna is only actually hooked up to a radio about half the time. The other half of the time, the antenna is installed but remains inactive and radio-less (with L2500 only broadcasting from the hexadecaport antenna). 

Future proofing.
Since 800 is just now rolling out in the Seattle market, all sites are in the process of being upgraded, and all sites capable of supporting the weight are getting a hexadecaport antenna along with an 8T8R. Also, from my observations, in these setups, the 8T8R antenna is only actually hooked up to a radio about half the time. The other half of the time, the antenna is installed but remains inactive and radio-less (with L2500 only broadcasting from the hexadecaport antenna). 
Future proofing how? Massive MIMO are integrated units. Would they do physical split sectors for b41? I'm just not sure what the extra 8T8R could be used for.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ingenium said:

Future proofing how? Massive MIMO are integrated units. Would they do physical split sectors for b41? I'm just not sure what the extra 8T8R could be used for.

8T8Rs can only broadcast 3 carriers at 8x8 MIMO. Dual antennas/RRUs will allow them to broadcast up to 6 carriers at 8x8 MIMO. 

Physical split sectors are also a possibility although I don’t know if that’s something Sprint is actively pursuing...

• Like 1

8T8Rs can only broadcast 3 carriers at 8x8 MIMO. Dual antennas/RRUs will allow them to broadcast up to 6 carriers at 8x8 MIMO. 
Physical split sectors are also a possibility although I don’t know if that’s something Sprint is actively pursuing...
Ahh right, I forgot it drops to 2 4t4r chains when they go beyond 3 carriers.

5 hours ago, ingenium said:

16 port tribands are being used in many site deployments as Sprint has overstocked on them (kinda)  as 2.5 deployments transitions from LTE 8T8R 2.5 radios to M-MIMO units. In many Samsung Clear conversions they're using 16 port tribands as is with 1.9 RRH P4 and 800 C4s paired with a 2.5 M-MIMO antenna. The 2.5 portions of the triband antennas will be unused. Eventually they'll use the 8 port dual band antennas as they get through the inventory of 16 ports. 

6 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Eventually they'll use the 8 port dual band antennas as they get through the inventory of 16 ports. 

Hopefully that will be soon. I am very unimpressed by the 16-port antennas’ range and propagation. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 10:36 PM, lilotimz said:

Eventually they'll use the 8 port dual band antennas as they get through the inventory of 16 ports. 

Does Sprint already have these 8-port antennas in stock?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, JLevoLTE said:

Sorry, I was trying to post a picture of a speedtest from roaming on tmobile today and I guess i dont have anymore space for attachments lol.

Use imgur, that will give you a ton more flexibility dealing with images.

2 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Use imgur, that will give you a ton more flexibility dealing with images.

That's what I was trying to use maybe I shouldn't use the "insert attachment with a url" button? I havent posted on here in a long time.

7 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

What town where you roaming in CT? I'd kill for roaming in Manchester, Hartford and Meriden. 

I was in bridgeport, it would only connect if i had no 3G or LTE, While i was waiting in the waiting room it grabbed a sprint 3G signal so i walked out more towards the middle of the building and it grabbed the band 4 signal again and held it once i was near a window and then picked up band 26.

25 minutes ago, JLevoLTE said:

That's what I was trying to use maybe I shouldn't use the "insert attachment with a url" button? I havent posted on here in a long time.

It's fine to use that, but you have to make sure you're url ends with .jpg for example..

On 10/15/2018 at 10:15 PM, JLevoLTE said:

Insert image from URL is what I use, should work fine with Imgr. Just have to make sure you have the direct .png link or it won't work.